Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like showing the public the video of her being shoved into the vehicle might help? Seems like the recent procedure in case someone can help identify the suspect? no video yet?
I don’t think they need much help, seems like they have put the pieces together quickly and are working towards a resolution.

There certainly is a reason for that ongoing presence. The detained man must at the least have some connection with the abduction, even if not involved directly imo.
I hope they are doing a very thorough search....boiler room, hidden janitor closets, attics if there are such, etc. You never know. It would be wonderful if Eliza was hidden in that complex, alive. One can hope...
Just looking at images of that apartment complex online, it looks like they are in the style of apartment homes/townhomes versus units with a common hallway. They have patios, their own washer/dryer, etc and doors from each appear to open outside.

Maybe the vehicle in question was stolen and just left abandoned and then basically taken by someone else. I have no way of knowing.
I am here for her family. Period.
I would not refer to her as "heiress", I would refer to her as a committed mom and devoted teacher. Beloved by so many here in my city.
Yes she received a large inheritance. In TN as in many if not most states, that inheritance does not become communal property, unless you choose to make it so with legal documents.
I have been down that road (on a hugely smaller level) and I chose not to make mine communal property.
We want closure for her family. We want the outcome we are all hoping and praying for.
Everywhere you go in Memphis and everyone you talk to is worried for her.
This could have been a crime of opportunity.
Maybe it was planned in some way.
The facts are that we simply do not have that information at this time.
We are basically sitting here waiting for the answers.
I have just had too many personal red flags going off in my thoughts so I am reading all of yours.
Please let there be answers tonight.
To Eliza's family and friends, we are holding all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
Chi in Memphis
ETA I am avoiding the rumors and following law enforcement as I always do

Last edited:
Hypothetically what if there are 2 kidnappers? One caught driving the car today and one held up in an apartment possibly with Liza? That would cause a lot of LE presence. JMO

Just looking at images of that apartment complex online, it looks like they are in the style of apartment homes/townhomes versus units with a common hallway. They have patios, their own washer/dryer, etc and doors from each appear to open outside.
Crawl spaces ? I used to live in a townhouse....it had a crawl space and attic as well.
Regardless...I'm sure police are checking every space possible.

It’s interesting to me that the vehicle involved in the crash with the GMC was a ATF vehicle. Does ATF function within LE? Would they have been assisting in the search? Or surveilling the GMC and the GMC got spooked and tried to get away? If that were the case, makes me have more hope that they were expecting to be led somewhere they’ll find Eliza alive.

I saw a video clip of the officer picking up the shears from behind a large potted plant on a brick post on their porch stairs while carrying a brown paper evidence bag in his other hand. It struck me as a place where shears could be stashed by a homeowner who stopped mid-yard work. Is it plausible that the officer thought maybe such a thing shouldn’t be left lying around with so many people around the house and yard, and maybe it’s not actually evidence after all?

Just jumping off your post.

Outside of the Samantha Koenig case in Alaska. I honestly don't remember a case where there was a ransome demand. I think that's actually very rare in the US?
I can't remember that ever occurring in a case like this. It happens among gangs and other criminal organizations, as they know law enforcement won't be contacted.

You just can't get away with it these days.

I believe this to be a sexually motivated crime, and ultimately, a homicide.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I saw a video clip of the officer picking up the shears from behind a large potted plant on a brick post on their porch stairs while carrying a brown paper evidence bag in his other hand. It struck me as a place where shears could be stashed by a homeowner who stopped mid-yard work. Is it plausible that the officer thought maybe such a thing shouldn’t be left lying around with so many people around the house and yard, and maybe it’s not actually evidence after all?
if you zoom in you can see an evidence number on it and sticker

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s interesting to me that the vehicle involved in the crash with the GMC was a ATF vehicle. Does ATF function within LE? Would they have been assisting in the search? Or surveilling the GMC and the GMC got spooked and tried to get away? If that were the case, makes me have more hope that they were expecting to be led somewhere they’ll find Eliza alive.
ATF will track and apprehend wanted criminals in partnership with FBI.

I agree I bet it is not evidence per se at all, but he might have been picking up anything vaguely weapon-like in the yard. Just trying to cover all the bases.

The officers at the scene might not have been briefed on all the details at that time for instance they might not have known her abduction into a vehicle on Central was caught on camera. So they might have had a very wide net on picking up anything laying in the yard or porch that could be a weapon.

The ATF vehicle was armored. So maybe initially there was a stand off or the threat of one. He wasn't exiting his vehicle in other words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave