Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruning shears taken by LE makes me wonder if said abductor was known to EF and possibly worked with a landscaping service at her home.

ETA: @Jazz and @Vegasgrl beat me to the punch, also thinking the abductor(s) might be landscaper(s).

JMVHO.

Last edited:
they have video of Eliza being taken and put into a black SUV

Here's my thing. If the male was in a vehicle, wouldn't he just run into her? Why jump out and chase an ultra marathoner? Is that silly and doesn't it risk her getting away? You don't have to run her over, just bump into her. I don't expect such a person is worrying about bruising her.

Or maybe he was known to her or maybe there was another ruse. I just can't wrap my head around trying to chase her down.

I could be way off. I don't really follow these things like a lot of people here, but I just don't get it.

IMO YMMV

I read PD took her car too. Why?
I think it's possible they didn't know exactly what they were dealing with at the time, and wanted to see where her vehicle had traveled recently (telematics data).

At some point they appear to have developed a solid lead on the suspect/vehicle, and here we are.

Here's my thing. If the male was in a vehicle, wouldn't he just run into her? Why jump out and chase an ultra marathoner? Is that silly and doesn't it risk her getting away? You don't have to run her over, just bump into her. I don't expect such a person is worrying about bruising her.

Or maybe he was known to her or maybe there was another ruse. I just can't wrap my head around trying to chase her down.

I could be way off. I don't really follow these things like a lot of people here, but I just don't get it.

IMO YMMV
Taze perhaps.

So Eliza is missing, and MPD is not warning people of a possible suspect on the loose? To be extra cautious? As prior posters said, they are very quiet. Reminds me of Nancy Cooper, and Mollee Tibbets. Probably as they were also runners. Poor kids...

Isn't the rule that LE has 72 hours from arrest until charges must be made? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't learn who the perp is until after Labor Day.
Crazy scenes at the apartment complex!

I wish they would stop calling her a 'billionaire heiress'. She is one of many grandchildren of a wealthy man. In the end she's a mom. Plain and simple.
I get that media will use the 'hooks' in their headlines and I get that when someone has wealthy realtives a kidnapping for money must be considered, but I think they are just diminishing her as an actual person.
I agree. She is not an heiress, maybe one day she will have a nice inheritance but right now she's a loving wife, mom and teacher. No one knows how her family money is structured, it could be in a trust that will all go to her kids for all we know.

If they were evidence, I think they would be bagged?

They are very long and very sharp. Perhaps they didn't have an evidence bag that they would fit in, or that they wouldn't rip open with their sharp tips?

Why did they take the shears into evidence? My best guess is that they were either found in a weird place (e.g. in the lawn at the side of the house) or they didn't belong to the family.

Isn't the rule that LE has 72 hours from arrest until charges must be made? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't learn who the perp is until after Labor Day.
Crazy scenes at the apartment complex!
That appears to be the law there. From following a lot of cases on here, they seem to charge lessser crimes initially just so they can hold a suspect.

But that's not a big deal for the next few days.

With all the emphasis on the shears, in the photo the officer is also carrying a bag. It could be that the bag is the evidence and the shears were simply a tool being used?

Based on media video that I've seen, it is a laptop in the bag. So no shears needed. There is likely another reason that the shears were taken into evidence. (misplaced or not belonging to the family)

Per DailyMail, they’re still trying to verify whether the man who has been detained, is related to Eliza’s case.

Makes me think they still don’t have it fully worked out. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix