Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else hear that quite a few abductions/attempted abductions in the Memphis area of late?
I live in the Memphis area. The past few days there were three incidents of kidnappings including Eliza Fletcher. One was a carjacking of a good Samaritan’s car full of kids. They were chased down and found safe. Another was a young mother and her baby kidnapped from a target parking lot and made to drive to take 500.00 out at an ATM, then returned safe. This case is different.

Exactly. That said, they have pics of the abduction, so maybe they are very confident about finding him and don’t want to tip their hand?

@MassGuy seems to have a very good feel for how these cases play out… (psst! Do you know why they wouldn’t release image of the perpetrator? )
Obviously not @MassGuy......but LE doesn't need to release photos. They're following other leads they've developed and seem to know quite a lot.
They've been pretty tight-lipped the whole time so I believe they must have some pretty strong evidence and/or good information already.
I see it as a good thing that LE is making real progress pretty quickly.

Exactly. That said, they have pics of the abduction, so maybe they are very confident about finding him and don’t want to tip their hand?

@MassGuy seems to have a very good feel for how these cases play out… (psst! Do you know why they wouldn’t release image of the perpetrator? )
There's no reason to. Once he is charged, his mugshot will be available. At that point I'm sure they'll receive tips from people who perhaps encountered him during the timeframe in question.

Law enforcement doesn't typically identify persons of interest or suspects anymore, at least before they are charged.

Obviously not @MassGuy......but LE doesn't need to release photos. They're following other leads they've developed and seem to know quite a lot.
They've been pretty tight-lipped the whole time so I believe they must have some pretty strong evidence and/or good information already.
I see it as a good thing that LE is making real progress pretty quickly.
Didn't LE detain someone? No reason to release a picture if they have the right guy. I hope they have the right guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member