Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

We have been saying that we didn't think Liza was his first victim since getting out. He's probably been raping women since he was set free and it emboldened him. I have a feeling that there are many other victims too. He didn't worry about how he left because he's been getting away with victimizing women for years. All JMO

We have been saying that we didn't think Liza was his first victim since getting out. He's probably been raping women since he was set free and it emboldened him. I have a feeling that there are many other victims too. He didn't worry about how he left because he's been getting away with victimizing women for years. All JMO

I think there is probably a lot that emboldened him to continue behaving like this. He felt he was entitled to this behavior and I am guessing he didn't think there would be any real consequences. I do wonder if this is the first time he killed someone. :(

This is copied from Kaen’s post above….this is so wrong! (for some reason I can’t bold on my iPad)

edited to add: 14,000 untested rape kits, mostly from black women!

“We just saw that the TBI turns around DNA test results in less than 24 hours,” Working said, pointing out that 14,000 rape kits — mostly from black women — went untested for 15 years. MPD investigated Eliza Fletcher's alleged killer for rape last year
Don't read into this what's not there. To be fair...Blacks are the majority population in Memphis.

Now majority-black, the city of Memphis is home to more than four hundred thousand African Americans, making it one of the largest population centers of this ethnic group. At least eight other municipalities have African-American majorities: Bolivar, Brownsville, Gallaway, Gates, Henning, Mason, Stanton, Whiteville.

The problem with the backlog of testing DNA is all over the country, not a matter of discrimination, laziness or not caring.
  • Crime lab resources. Public crime labs throughout the country have struggled to maintain sufficient funding and personnel in recent years, as technology has advanced and the demand for DNA testing has grown. In addition to rape kit evidence, crime labs may receive DNA samples from hundreds, or even thousands, of crime scenes each year. As a result, many labs have exceedingly long turnaround times—sometimes years—for testing DNA evidence, including rape kits.
  • Police resources. Law enforcement agencies often lack the technology to track untested rape kits, as well as the personnel needed to ship or transport untested kits to a crime lab in a timely manner. Many also lack the staffing resources necessary to investigate or follow up on leads that arise from rape kit testing.

ETA The reason this case moved so quickly is they had a crime scene to work with. People already looking for Eliza, a kidnapping on video, smashed cell phone, perps shoes. The wisdom has always been you have a much better shot of
resolving a case early on. Obviously they didn't have a rape kit to test.

Last edited:
I’d almost be willing to bet he had victims even while incarcerated. His first victim was a male so I don’t think being locked up with only males would have stopped him. Terrifying to think about really. I wonder if his prison disciplinary records will come to light eventually.

I think there is probably a lot that emboldened him to continue behaving like this. He felt he was entitled to this behavior and I am guessing he didn't think there would be any real consequences. I do wonder if this is the first time he killed someone. :(
BBM I do too and I'm ready for them to release the preliminary autopsy results.

I’d almost be willing to bed he had victims even while incarcerated. His first victim was a male so I don’t think being locked up with only males would have stopped him. Terrifying to think about really. I wonder if his prison disciplinary records will come to light eventually.
BBM- are they a matter of public record? Could a reporter file a public records request?

Don't read into this what's not there. To be fair...Blacks are the majority population in Memphis.

Now majority-black, the city of Memphis is home to more than four hundred thousand African Americans, making it one of the largest population centers of this ethnic group. At least eight other municipalities have African-American majorities: Bolivar, Brownsville, Gallaway, Gates, Henning, Mason, Stanton, Whiteville.

The problem with the backlog of testing DNA is all over the country, not a matter of discrimination, laziness or not caring.
  • Crime lab resources. Public crime labs throughout the country have struggled to maintain sufficient funding and personnel in recent years, as technology has advanced and the demand for DNA testing has grown. In addition to rape kit evidence, crime labs may receive DNA samples from hundreds, or even thousands, of crime scenes each year. As a result, many labs have exceedingly long turnaround times—sometimes years—for testing DNA evidence, including rape kits.
  • Police resources. Law enforcement agencies often lack the technology to track untested rape kits, as well as the personnel needed to ship or transport untested kits to a crime lab in a timely manner. Many also lack the staffing resources necessary to investigate or follow up on leads that arise from rape kit testing.

ETA The reason this case moved so quickly is they had a crime scene to work with. People already looking for Eliza, a kidnapping on video, smashed cell phone, perps shoes. The wisdom has always been you have a much better shot of
resolving a case early on. Obviously they didn't have a rape kit to test.
I agree with your reasons, but will add - her families name probably helped as well. The number of agencies involved was pretty phenomenal, you just don't see such a quick response, searches, or resolution that often. I'll leave it there ...

I agree with your reasons, but will add - her families name probably helped as well. The number of agencies involved was pretty phenomenal, you just don't see such a quick response, searches, or resolution that often. I'll leave it there ...
I completely agree, but as sad as it is that it apparently took someone with a well-known family name to get this animal off the streets and back behind bars, I pray this time, he will be kept behind bars every day for the rest of his life. JMO

Last edited:
That’s interesting that a John Doe indictment can be made, which stops the statute of limitations running out. And that makes it all the more shocking that the rape kits have been mostly shelved. (I know the reasons are complex).

It does genuinely feel that Eliza’s suffering could have been preventable in terms of her perp being more promptly identifiable for other crimes.

I do think more complaints against him will cone to light, whether or not they ever get prosecuted.

Is it correct that the DNA from the 9/21/21 Kidnapping SA Kit was the first time it was entered into CODIS and that CH/CA did not have his DNA ever previously entered from his prior arrest and prison term? Is that why the 9/21/21 results, when the were finally completed and entered into CODIS, didn't identify CH/CA at that time?

I completely agree, but as sad as it is that it apparently took someone with a well-known family name to get this animal off the streets and back behind bars, I pray this time, he will be kept behind bars every day for the rest of his life. JMO
I don't think we're in any danger of seeing this guy on the streets again. IMO, he'll die in prison (for which I'm grateful).

Is it correct that the DNA from the 9/21/21 Kidnapping SA Kit was the first time it was entered into CODIS and that CH/CA did not have his DNA ever previously entered from his prior arrest and prison term? Is that why the 9/21/21 results, when the were finally completed and entered into CODIS, didn't identify CH/CA at that time?
How does that make sense when he was arrested for Liza's abduction on Saturday, 9/3/22? They identified him from the DNA profile from the slides found on the street Friday morning.

Here's what we've been told -
TBI confirmed with@memphisnews
that the sexual assault kit was sent Sep. 23, 2021, but MPD did not request the testing be rushed, so it was not tested until June 24. Results came back Aug 29, and a CODIS hit followed Sep 5. Newest update here:

Last edited:
Did the 2021 victim decide not to press charges at the time but changed her mind when CA/H was arrested for the abduction of Eliza? That doesn't seem likely but I suppose it's possible... seems like a very weak maybe. (
The fact that they had the DNA from the prior rape, indicates she DID intend to press charges, and had a rape kit performed.

I don't know how to explain that they didn't show a match, and have charges pressed at the time. I think we'll know more about why that was in the months to come.

No, the results didn't come back from testing and LE made the match until end of August 2022 (I believe earlier article upthread said 8/27/22). Meaning (at least by my understanding) that his DNA was in the system, but the testing did not result until just the last couple of weeks.

And then there’s the other factor. They had someone disappearing who was expected home immediately, and who had no record of erratic behavior. And, above all, they almost immediately had a video showing a violent attack, and evidence as to who had committed the attack.

No, the results didn't come back from testing and LE made the match until end of August 2022 (I believe earlier article upthread said 8/27/22).
Right. What we have seen here are two different extremes - how very slow the wheels can turn, and how incredibly quickly. That the rape kit from last year was processed and produced results in about a year, and the sandals were processed and produced results in about two days - making the two results of the two assaults to come back virtually simultaneously even though the crimes were committed virtually a year apart is telling. I guess in the case of the prior rape, they had a living victim and the crime was over and done, and in the Eliza case they were seeking to locate a missing woman, so time was much more critical. That's all I can think of.

Right. What we have seen here are two different extremes - how very slow the wheels can turn, and how incredibly quickly. That the rape kit from last year was processed and produced results in about a year, and the sandals were processed and produced results in about two days - making the two results of the two assaults to come back virtually simultaneously even though the crimes were committed virtually a year apart is telling. I guess in the case of the prior rape, they had a living victim and the crime was over and done, and in the Eliza case they were seeking to locate a missing woman, so time was much more critical. That's all I can think of.

Right. Missing woman + video of violent attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back