Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also
Nope. The dumpster was taken from the apartment location but EF was NOT found in the dumpster. Her body was found in a grassy lot along Victor St. -- 7.5 miles from where she was abducted.
MPD stated in the PC today her body was found in the rear of a vacant duplex apartment on the 1600 block of Victor. What I want to know is was she found inside the house or outside of it?

It was very hard to hear. Can I ask for some clarification from someone with better phone or comp audio.

CA was charged with felonies in abduction and tampering with evidence for a $500,000 bond

CA was also charged with a misdemeanor for identity theft and credit card fraud (did I hear that right identity theft and CCF are misdemeanors?) for a $10,000 bond.

The prosecutor then told the judge they HAVE filed aggravated murder charges, 3 separate ones to encompass Eliza's murder but judge doesn't have that paperwork yet?

And the woman lawyer that approached the bench then later went and talked to the accused, was she representing CA? I thought the judge was just asking CA if he needed a lawyer and then that one WOULD be appointed? So was that woman not a lawyer, just an advocate?

TIA for any help

I just came out of a meeting and am now reading that her body was found in the dumpster? Is that true?

Eliza Fletcher kidnapping suspect appears in Memphis court after cops find the 32-year-old's body in a dumpster near elementary school: Chilling clue emerges linking heiress' murder to suspect's first kidnap in 2000

This is a good question. I've noticed the Daily <modsnip -derogatory name changes not permitted> has gotten a detail or two wrong on this case before. But this is the 3rd location posted on this thread, in relation to where she was found, so we may as well clarify the matter. I thought LE said she was found in an abandoned home or building. Another post here said she was found in a park near the street with abandoned homes. And now this report of her being found in a dumpster. Could someone re-post the LE statement about where they found her body?

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this on the previous thread but still no answers about his 6/27/2022 arrest. The credit card and identity theft was 9/1/2020.

Arrest Information
Full Name: Cleotha Abston
Date:06/27/2022
Time: 12:00 AM
Personal Information
Arrest Age:38
Birthdate: 11/27/1983
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Cleotha Abston  Arrest Photo

Charges
  • #1 THEFT OF PROPERTY $10000-$60000

(bbm)

It's a different mugshot than this weekend arrest.

He hasn’t yet been charged with rape. And if he didn’t rape her why kill her? He was lying in wait for her. There’s more to come. IMO.
We can only guess. But she may have fought so hard, that he felt the only solution (from his point of view) was to kill her, to put an end to her fighting for her life. Just speculation, of course. We'll have to wait for autopsy results to see if there was evidence of a SA.

Watching this video of the court hearing this morning you could just feel the heavy sadness that pervaded the courtroom, in my opinion. I admire the judge's professionalism and how he held it together to do his job and ensure that justice is done in this case, like all others, in spite of the knowledge of the prominent family of Eliza in the community, including an uncle who is an attorney and likely known by this judge.

I think there was at least one family member or close friend in the courtroom this morning, at the beginning of the hearing you could see that two gentlemen were sitting beside each other with one of the gentlemen having his arm around the other, as the hearing began and for awhile thereafter.

Incredibly sad and hard to watch.
That's her brother and uncle that we saw in the family statement video.

I hate to even type this, but for many of these guys, the sexual gratification actually comes from the murder rather than the SA. Time and charges will tell, I guess. Maybe I'm just holding out hope she was spared that additional horror.
I was afraid to type that myself. Sometimes the sexual satisfaction does not require any kind of sexual act or penetration. The violence and murder is sexually arousing in and of itself and full sexual gratification is achieved solely through the act of violence. IMO

AFAICS, there are no home officially listed as duplexes on Victor. There's a house at the corner of Chestnut and the 1600 block of Victor that looks like it has two entrances and I wonder if that's what they are calling a duplex

I posted this on the previous thread but still no answers about his 6/27/2022 arrest. The credit card and identity theft was 9/1/2020.

Arrest Information
Personal Information

Charges

(bbm)

Thank you for posting again in this thread!

AFAICS, there are no home officially listed as duplexes on Victor. There's a house at the corner of Chestnut and the 1600 block of Victor that looks like it has two entrances and I wonder if that's what they are calling a duplex

I wondered same. 'Going back in time to 2008 street view it looks as if the house was two "attached" structures.

I agree. I also think he may have thought she was a younger college student and therefore an easy pick. She looked very young and could easily have been mistaken for a college age while driving by her at o-dark-thirty.
Agree. I also think that's why he was casing that particular area. He thought he would be able to kidnap a college girl.

I hate the phrase “he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time”.

Liza was where she should have been.

This was “her time” and “her place” as it had been many mornings before.

A morning run. Solitude. Feeling the breeze on her face. Feeling a trickle of sweat run down her forehead. Feeling the endorphins surge through her body as she ran and contemplated the day before her. Assessing her accomplishment on a run done well. Just being in the moment. Being present. Feeling.

It was her time, her place, her right to be there.

He had no right. None. His violence had no place in the serenity of that moment.

He stole a mother from her children, a wife from a husband, a child from her parents, a sister from siblings, a friend from friends and a loving and caring teacher from her students. He inflicted terror, pain and horror on a woman, her family and friends.

Liza was everything.

He is NOTHING. Never was, and never will be.

My heart breaks for all who knew and loved her. May they heal in time, but the road will be long and hard.

As for him…he needs to disappear into the hole he crawled out from. If it’s the DP that comes calling - good, if not then so be it. So long he rots for the rest of his days without a cellphone and Facebook to keep him entertained.

MOO

I trust LE is looking at their unsolveds over the past two years. If not for the slides and cctv, this would've been a hard case to solve. He may be brazen because he's done exactly this, apart from his original charges at 16.

Particularly anyone who went missing in the early morning. Predators prey.

JMO

Arrest Information
Personal Information

Charges

(bbm)

Clearly, whatever happened in June didn't warrant any coverage at the time. Nonetheless, the above charge is a separate case number where he would have been released on bond. Seems to me that the bond here will be reported revoked if it hasn't already.

^^ Begins at about 8:00 minute mark.
CA was charged with felonies in abduction and tampering with evidence for a $500,000 bond

CA was also charged with a misdemeanor for identity theft and credit card fraud (did I hear that right identity theft and CCF are misdemeanors?) for a $10,000 bond.

ETA: Add link for misdemeanors that occurred one day before the kidnapping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member