Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading that CA/CH is an idiot, dumb, etc...has he ever had any cognitive testing? Could that be a line of defense for him? During my poking around on the web I came across this article and it gave me pause Intellectual Disability

There is so much evidence on him I can't think of any other defense

JMO
It could be a straw to grasp at to not have DP, but at this point I think he's totally out of luck. He also has literally nothing to to plea bargain with (assuming he has no knowledge of other crimes). Little or no wiggle room, and I am very glad of that. MOO.

IMO, it's probably inconsequential given CA's criminal history since age 12 where he's consistently been recognized by the courts as CA. I also noticed that CA was released from a 20+ year prison term during COVID19 (Nov 2020) when he allegedly learned about his name change from social security-- most likely via phone when seeking identification. To quote one of our own district court judges at a recent hearing in my County, "social security has no influence in this courtroom."

^^rsbm
Why was his name changed?

It could be a straw to grasp at to not have DP, but at this point I think he's totally out of luck. He also has literally nothing to to plea bargain with (assuming he has no knowledge of other crimes). Little or no wiggle room, and I am very glad of that. MOO.
IMO his only "bargaining chip" is to plead guilty to try to avoid the DP.

Absolutely gutted by this one.

Out doing what she loved - JOGGING for god's sake.

And her life ends brutally and body discarded like it was nothing. Like she didn't matter. Like she was an after thought.

A mother and father lose thier daughter.

A husband his wife.

And two little children no longer have thier mama.

I know this happens every week/every where.

I will forever think about my surroundings now, when I bike/jog/walk to my car after shopping.

It will never end. Will women ever feel safe?
There are lots of things I don’t do alone, because it isn’t safe-I won’t hike in the woods alone, I no longer kayak alone, and won’t even ride my bike on the bike path alone. It’s so sad, because I would like to do all of these things, but know it might not be safe. And you only have to have a bad outcome one time.

Last edited:
^^rsbm

Reportedly, CA was released early from his 24 yr sentence in Nov 2020. He's said to have a mother and brother, locally, and had family support both when he was inside and when he came out. He had a job, and access to a nice vehicle. But it wasn't enough. CA did not want to work and earn his own way. He thought he was entitled to get something for nothing when he stole a woman's credit card out of her purse just days before he ended the life of EF, a mother, wife, daughter, sister, teacher, Christian, and friend. Her life was not his to take. I don't care if he goes back to prison and becomes a good person or evolves into Mother Theresa reincarnate. What I care about is that CA is removed from society and lives in a cage that suits him. Good riddance -- once and for all. :mad:
Perfectly said.

CA was seen on surveillance camera arriving at the location he dumped her at 5:50 am or so and then at his brothers apartment at 7:am so I’m wondering what was he doing between 550 and 750 with her? I pray to God she was not still alive and he was at that disgusting house assaulting her but what else would be happening during those 2 hours ? I had hoped she had already passed but if she was why would he stay there for 2 hours? This whole situation just has me shook, especially since it’s my hometown. It’s literally the stuff of nightmares.

There are lots of things I don’t do alone, because it isn’t safe-I won’t hike in the woods alone, I no longer kayak alone, and won’t even ride my bike on the bike path alone. It’s so sad, because I would like ti do all of these things, but know it might not be safe. And you only have to have a bad outcome one time.

This 100%. It's sad that women especially have to take this mindset because it's not worth that chance, even if the odds show otherwise. Nobody wants to be that statistic. I can walk across the street in traffic too, but it doesn't mean I should. We just have to weigh the pros/cons and safety aspects.

Obviously, a person can be attacked at any time, any where but I feel it's my responsibility (and choice) to lesson the odds of being a victim. It's not fair, it's not right, but I'd rather be alive.

This is not meant as victim blaming in any way. We all SHOULD be able to do things that we enjoy any time. It's sad that many people can't/won't do the things they enjoy because of that fear.

I hate to say or think this but that cold evil creature had only one intention & that was to find a victim & rape them..with Eliza she must of fought back with all her strength & this made him angry so he had to kill her but I don't think murder was his main goal..life for a life though he needs to get the death penalty no bargaining for him!

He has been a violent criminal since age 11-- why was he out on the street?
He should have been locked up and the key thrown away -- and there are .more
Like him walking around putting all of us in danger.

bouldc

I was thinking about crimes against women. I should have been clearer in regard to the type of crime on my mind, I apologize for not being clearer. The victim he served time over for kidnapping was a male and I feel that was money motivated. I keep thinking of all of the missing females in the area, as well as some rumors I do not think we can address here as they are just that, rumors, from women who have said some things. I am of the belief that this time, his crime was purely sexually driven, and I believe he has committed other sexual crimes, but murders, I am still on the fence about.

I am with you on him being intelligently challenged. His records go back to childhood, and I get the impression he was just shuffled around the system and never given proper counseling, nurturing, or life set tools.
I completely understand. It is not the usual MO to kidnap possibly SA and then kill someone usually there is a graduation in the criminal process which makes me believe he may have SA someone at some point and then this is his escalation. Or maybe she was difficult to handle and he felt he had no options but to hurt her fatally to commit his act. I really do think there has to be something fundamentally wrong with him he was rather brazen with his act and he just waited on her hand for lack of better words hunted and ambushed her, he is scary man.

This 100%. It's sad that women especially have to take this mindset because it's not worth that chance, even if the odds show otherwise. Nobody wants to be that statistic. I can walk across the street in traffic too, but it doesn't mean I should. We just have to weigh the pros/cons and safety aspects.

Obviously, a person can be attacked at any time, any where but I feel it's my responsibility (and choice) to lesson the odds of being a victim. It's not fair, it's not right, but I'd rather be alive.

This is not meant as victim blaming in any way. We all SHOULD be able to do things that we enjoy any time. It's sad that many people can't/won't do the things they enjoy because of that fear.
Absolutely-I was not victim shaming-rather, just making a sort of social commentary about the pathetic state of human nature, and its effect on women’s activities. Eliza Fletcher should have been able to run any time she wanted to.

I am a bit puzzled because in this article the DA states that CA/CN "should not have been paroled". Have we not been told for days that he served his full sentence and was NOT paroled? Certainly the DA of all people should know that?

Iirc it has been stated that he was released early but there was no parole officer. ( he served 20 yrs ). I would guess this guy just misspoke and meant he should have never qualified for early release?
The article also indicates that the brother is not cooperating. Interesting. “To my knowledge, there's been no active cooperation on the part of the brother," Mulroy said. "Things are very fluid."”

I completely understand. It is not the usual MO to kidnap possibly SA and then kill someone usually there is a graduation in the criminal process which makes me believe he may have SA someone at some point and then this is his escalation. Or maybe she was difficult to handle and he felt he had no options but to hurt her fatally to commit his act. I really do think there has to be something fundamentally wrong with him he was rather brazen with his act and he just waited on her hand for lack of better words hunted and ambushed her, he is scary man.

True but we don't know what his intentions might have been in the previous kidnapping. What would have happened if he hadn't escaped?

As another person asked, I too, am curious about his actions over the last 2 years. Imo, somebody like him hasn't been lying quietly as a law abiding citizen since he got out, especially if he was not on probation.

According to this article, the earlier rape charge was while he was a teenager and against a MAN.

If true, (since this is The Daily <Mail>), this guy is ALL over place. No impulse control, men, women, he’s not picky. Whatever is available in the moment that he wants he’ll take. He will take ANYTHING!

He is a loathesome, evil, vile excuse of a human. IMO he is sub human.

MOO
More evidence his motive is power over. Thanks for pointing this out. I was going to mention it.

I think that time spent in prison may take the place of the escalation in the criminal process. The criminal spends the time visualizing what he wants to do, and also decides that he’d have a better chance of getting away with it, without a living witness.

Consider the case of Dru Sjodin, which I think was like this, too. Violent rapist let out after a long prison sentence—kidnaps and murders, this time, six months after getting out.

I was thinking about this today as I walked alone, but with my 70 lb lab mix dog. I walk 2-4 miles per day in my neighborhood, and I’ve always felt safe because he’s with me. Is that false security? If Eliza had a dog running with her, would he have passed her by without stopping and waiting on her? Of course, we can never know, but it makes me reevaluate. The crime seems so impulsive and brazen that I don’t know if anything would have been seen as a deterrent to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong