Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

Wish I could go back in time to exactly 1 week ago and tell Eliza not to run that morning! Breaks my heart to consider the what ifs and the if only’s! I can only imagine what type of pain her family is in. I’ve read that her mother is suffering from intense grief and I believe it. It’s all just so heartbreaking and tragic.

I feel sad after reading Liza's obituary. She had so much to give to this world, teachers touch so many lives over the course of their careers in a unique way. I wish her family peace and strength for their journey to Justice.

I hope Abston has a come to Jesus moment in the coming months and realizes the enormity of what he did. I've often wondered in the quiet, still, moments they are alone - do men like him have tortured thoughts, regret or a sense of shame for the life they took?
He won't. Men like that just don't.

I feel sad after reading Liza's obituary. She had so much to give to this world, teachers touch so many lives over the course of their careers in a unique way. I wish her family peace and strength for their journey to Justice.

I hope Abston has a come to Jesus moment in the coming months and realizes the enormity of what he did. I've often wondered in the quiet, still, moments they are alone - do men like him have tortured thoughts, regret or a sense of shame for the life they took?

I doubt he had any remorse at all, or ever will.

Henderson’s attorney, Jennifer Case, had asked Montesi to review her involvement in the case amid a conflict-of-interest concern.

The conflict, she said, was that her office had represented Henderson in a criminal matter in the early 2000s. But Montesi ultimately ruled that Case could proceed as Henderson’s attorney.

Case, a public defender, also requested a gag order in the case, noting in making her argument that Memphis Police Chief C.J. Davis had called her client a "dangerous predator." Prosecutors, however, argued the public should continue to be informed about this case.

Montesi asked Case to submit a proposed order for the judge to take under review. Henderson was initially identified as "Cleotha Abston," but the jurist later ordered that his name be changed in all documents to Cleotha "Henderson," per the accused murderer’s request.
Memphis jogger suspect Cleotha Henderson's lawyer seeks gag order as Eliza Fletcher's family releases obituary

1) I don't follow attorney Case's concern about a conflict of interest. Why would her having represented him in a previous criminal matter preclude or create an issue with her doing so in this one? I think she just wants off the case.
2) this name change thing has me completely stymied. I just don't get it. I've not commented on it til now but I've followed the various posts from other members and frankly I am just as confused as I was. Was he the one who changed his legal name? If so, when?
I had a hard time being able to hear this morning, even with ear phones but what I understood is the PD’s office represented him in the 2001 kidnapping to which he eventually plead guilty. In 2009, CA-H filed a motion to dismiss his case based on the PD’s inadequate counsel. CA-H actually wrote the motion himself and it was denied/dismissed by the judge within a week. The PD’s office wanted to make sure the judge understood CA-H’s prior accusation of inadequate counsel of them so he could not raise it again, stating a conflict of interest.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the name of the ADA who will handle the prosecution? He kind of looks like the same guy who tried Zach Adams, Holly Bobo’s killer, several years ago but I can’t get a good look at his face. I really liked his style.

I had a hard time being able to hear this morning, even with ear phones but what I understood is the PD’s office represented him in the 2001 kidnapping to which he eventually plead guilty. In 2009, CA-H filed a motion to dismiss his case based on the PD’s inadequate counsel. CA-H actually wrote the motion himself and it was denied/dismissed by the judge within a week. The PD’s office wanted to make sure the judge understood CA-H’e prior accusation of inadequate counsel of them so he could not raise it again, stating a conflict of interest.
Thanks! That makes perfect sense, now. I’d think that they’d want to make sure that CH understands that this is the same law office he was complaining about, back then.

The memorial race for Eliza to finish her run would just be kicking off in Memphis. Such a beautiful tribute to Liza. I’m not a runner and no longer live in Memphis but my heart runs with them this morning.

Although we are not the organizer of the upcoming Eliza Fletcher Memorial Run/Walk on Friday, September 9, 2022, the MPD will have an increased presence in the area and provide traffic control and road closures to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants, community members, and supporters.

The run/walk is scheduled to start at 1695 Central Avenue at 4:00 am.
View attachment 365179

I love this so much.

He won’t/can’t. He obv has no regard for human life.

Rebecca Butcher
@RebeccaB_TV

#BREAKING: #CleothaHenderson juvenile record: -Rape charge at 14 (‘97) Juvenile records show 5 agg assaults b/w 97-99 -7 theft cases b/w 95-99 -past charges of trespassing and evading arrest -2000 agg kidnapping charge (victim, the now late Kemper Durand) #ElizaFletcher
Can someone remind me what determines that an assault is aggravated? Is it the use of a weapon? TIA

He certainly has the criminal resume to back up "violent predator" and then some. I hope that LE is taking a very close look at any unsolveds in his general vicinity, from when he was age 11 to present. I don't think I've seen anyone colder during an arraignment than he was. I did take some screenshots of him during his arraignment. When I zoomed in, I am pretty sure I saw deep gouges on the side of his neck. Did anyone else see any injuries?

Can someone remind me what determines that an assault is aggravated? Is it the use of a weapon? TIA

He certainly has the criminal resume to back up "violent predator" and then some. I hope that LE is taking a very close look at any unsolveds in his general vicinity, from when he was age 11 to present. I don't think I've seen anyone colder during an arraignment than he was. I did take some screenshots of him during his arraignment. When I zoomed in, I am pretty sure I saw deep gouges on the side of his neck. Did anyone else see any injuries?
I noticed the gouges, too. Also, I think I noticed a scratch on his hand

SBM
Parts of the Bluff City are flooded with people finishing Fletcher’s last run.

Memphis Police Department says the community can expect road closures and detours between the hours of 4-7:30 a.m. along Central Avenue from Belvedere Boulevard to Zack Curlin Street.

*Video at link*

SBM
Hundreds of people gathered before dawn Friday morning to finish Eliza Fletcher’s run one week after the Memphis mother’s kidnapping and murder. [snip] A Facebook group, Let’s Finish Liza’s Run, provided details for participants leading up to the event, and the Memphis Police Department (MPD) assisted with road closures, traffic, and security.

@Trocroc9 noticed some scratches under his right eye in the mugshot photo

Post in thread 'TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2'
Found Deceased - TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

His only regret is that he got caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back