Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ripple1026

Booking info for both Cleotha Abston.
The charges of "especially aggravating kidnapping" are telling. In Tennessee kidnapping is defined as false imprisonment that occurs when you knowingly take or confine another person against his or her will, exposing the person to bodily injury. It is charged as a Class C felony carrying penalties of three to 15 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000. ( this and following information from the 2010 Tennessee Code Title 39)

A kidnapping that involves specific types of circumstances will elevate the charge to aggravated kidnapping. These circumstances include kidnapping another with the intention of causing serious bodily harm or terrorizing someone else, kidnapping someone in order to more easily commit a felony or flee the scene after committing a felony or to interfere with some type of government function, or a kidnapping that causes bodily harm or is committed with the use of a deadly weapon (aggravating is still a Felony, but class B, punishable by eight up to 30 years in prison and fines of up to $25,000.

Only more serious aggravating circumstances will lead to a charge of “especially aggravated kidnapping.”

These circumstances include kidnapping someone under the age of 13, kidnapping in order to get a ransom or reward, kidnapping someone to hold as a hostage, using a deadly weapon while kidnapping, or seriously injuring someone in a kidnapping crime.

Especially aggravated kidnapping is charged as a Class A felony carrying 15 up to 60 years in prison and fines of up to $50,000.

According to the affadavit they were his sandals (slides) and it was from DNA on the sandals that they identified the perp. They also tracked down video from the day before with him wearing the sandals. They must have come off his feet during the struggle, or he kicked them off as he ran at her.
Yes I saw that information later.

According to records, Abston refused to provide investigators with information regarding Fletcher’s location. Records also state that the abduction, which was caught on camera, was violent in nature and may have resulted in serious bodily injury.

Terrible, terrible things happened in the 1950’s as well. Information is just disseminated more quickly and thoroughly now so it seems like things are worse, IMO.
Fair point, would like to find the 2022 version of Mayberry though. I live in a rural area which is quiet/safe but sadly, I'm not far from the still missing Carrie Culberson

Wow. I'm not sure I've ever seen a completely unredacted affidavit like that one. So Abston was done with the crime by 7:50, when he was busy washing his clothing in his brother's sink.
So if he was washing clothes, whose clothes was he wearing? His brother's? His own ( did he go home first?) or did he have a change of clothes with him? ( evidence of premeditation) If his brother's then he showed up a bloody mess and lent him clothes. Hoping he told brother where she is...this is what matters right now.

After going in so young and staying 20 years, I would think he had been thoroughly institutionalized. To come out and commit another kidnapping seems like he spent 20 years being angry that he wasn’t successful the first time. It’s sickening, heartbreaking for those who end up being another one of their victims. The more I hear and read, I don’t think there is any way she survived the meeting with this guy which really angers me.

What do you think about the known timelines? The bike rider found the phone & slides at 6:45 AM. What time did he grab Eliza?
I think he abducted her around 4:20 am per the camera footage.

I am trying to figure out why he dumped evidence in a dumpster near Mario’s house. Was he hoping to frame him?

This explains why the abduction video was not released, it would be disturbing to the public and especially her family.
Yes, for her boys sake I'm glad that was kept off the internet. I'm so sorry this is now a part of their life story, the senseless violence in this world is overwhelming.

How stupid do you have to be to wash the clothes you committed the crime with, in such an eye-catching and incriminating way? I guess he counted on his brother's silence, and the silence of his brother's girlfriend. Which thankfully, he didn't get.

Same. I kept hoping since he let his previous victim go, maybe he would hold onto her until she could get him some money or something. I know that’s super unlikely, but it was my hope that he wanted money, not to kill anyone :(
He didn’t let Kemper Durand go, the other two guys he picked up after kidnapping Kemper and putting him in the trunk, were actually trying to convince him to let him go. Kemper saved himself by alerting a security officer. Kemper also went to court and testified to help the other two young men, making it clear they were trying to talk Abston into letting him go.

He didn’t let Kemper Durand go, the other two guys he picked up after kidnapping Kemper and putting him in the trunk, were actually trying to convince him to let him go. Kemper saved himself by alerting a security officer. Kemper also went to court and testified to help the other two young men, making it clear they were trying to talk Abston into letting him go.
Right-sorry, I forgot the detail that Kemper indeed saved himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie