Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you ever ponder fate in cases like this? If only one of the boys had been sick, or she pulled a muscle and couldn't run that day, or Abston's vehicle quit on him that morning and he had to call a tow truck. I go over these things in my mind thinking if only ... then Eliza would be alive and with her family at Church this morning :(

More, like a person doesn't foresee their fate. The last photo is of a strong, full of life, woman, enjoying her jogging, not knowing that in several minutes, everything will horrendously change for her.

I think we're going to learn that he had never seen her before, and didn't know who she was. Kidnapping for ransom is exceedingly rare in the United States, but sexually motivated homicides occur far too often.

Do you think he might be waiting there for a few nighs in a row, for an appropriate victim? Something tells me he won't have ended with Liza, or maybe it was not his first case.

Yes. And this is staggering to me. The backlash around this case (the perp having been jailed for kidnapping before and released) is going to be intense.
He was not on parole, he was released for time served. Did the judge that sentenced him give him maximum jail time? how long was his sentence and was he released early?

Do you think he might be waiting there for a few nighs in a row, for an appropriate victim? Something tells me he won't have ended with Liza, or maybe it was not his first case.
It's possible, but that doesn't have to be the case. I'm sure they'll be looking for video and cell phone data of the days prior, which would obviously answer that question.

As it should be. I’m sorry, and I know people will disagree, but there should be NO second chances for certain criminals. Just the way I feel. MOO.
Is life in prison a sentencing option for kidnapping in Tennessee?

I'm curious if LE has used any dogs in searching the Terrain to determine whether or not the "seriously bodily injury" (mentioned in the affidavit) resulted in Liza's passing. Wouldn't they be able to use dogs to find her scent where they're searching?

After the info from last night, they've been tight-lipped again but appear to be diligently working so I would assume, like yesterday, we have some massive news later today or early tomorrow.

I'm curious if LE has used any dogs in searching the Terrain to determine whether or not the "seriously bodily injury" (mentioned in the affidavit) resulted in Liza's passing. Wouldn't they be able to use dogs to find her scent where they're searching?
There’s pictures of what look to be bloodhounds being unloaded from vehicles in the Pinehill community center pics on twitter.

This guy is not very smart. He probably has no idea joggers do not carry money on them. This was probably a lay in wait situation hoping that she had a debit card on her, like his last victim. I won't be surprised if it comes to light that he wanted her to take him to her home for money/debit card and she absolutely fought him on it knowing her family was there. I also think she will be found in the that dumpster they hauled off or the dump. Truly sad case.

Is life in prison a sentencing option for kidnapping in Tennessee?
No clue, but we know he had intent to kill his victim, so maybe it should be?

Like I said, people may not agree, and that’s fine by me, but I’ve seen too many instances were repeat offenders have been set free only to do it again... or worse. JMO.

Now I’m completely confused. What does Pineview Community Center have to do with all this?
Command Center area that “I think” they are using after reviewing his locations after abduction. ATVs to search area and boats to search bodies of water on the golf course and perhaps the Marjorie Bayou which runs around golf course area. I think he went here immediately after abduction and then continued to McDonalds and dumped something or got him a snack because we know crimes like these make these monsters hungry.

I agree. My gut feeling is that he was out "hunting" and sadly found Eliza.
I agree. This guy reminds me so much of Brandon Scott Lavergne, in the Micky Shunick case. Just trolling around Lafayette, La, 2:00 in the morning, looking for someone to abduct. My only prayer is that, in putting up a fight for her life, Eliza may have hurt him the way Micky damn nearly killed BSL. She lost her life, but her fierce fight probably saved her from being sexually assaulted. JMO

Last edited:
No clue, but we know he had intent to kill his victim, so maybe it should be?

Like I said, people may not agree, and that’s fine by me, but I’ve seen too many instances were repeat offenders have been set free only to do it again... or worse. JMO.
I don't disagree with you, but to keep him in prison for life requires laws to change. Judges are not at liberty to sentence someone for life even in cases where they are convinced the perpetrator will re-offend. They have to rule within the confines of the laws they are under oath to uphold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong