Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the first kidnapping was a strike AND Tennessee allows juvenile strikes to follow the perpetrator into the adult world (California does), then this would be his second strike. A theft would not be a strike; it’s serious and/or violent felonies.

IMO concern is always necessary because one never knows what a judge and jury will do. I would like to think THIS TIME he would be sentenced to life without parole ( implementation of the the death penalty is on pause for now in Tenn though that does not mean he cannot be sentenced to death I would imagine). This could be a death penalty case. I have seen cases that I was sure the perp would get life: nope: they got 40 years and out in 20 for "good behavior" (barf)- What is even worse, I have seen (as have we all) where the perp got death which was overturned on appeal. You would think then the perp would serve life without parole, but nope, the new sentence is life- with parole. Go figure!
The concern was whether or not a legal presumption of death could be made, if need be, in the future, so that he could be prosecuted for murder.
Sentencing is up in the air.

Those four minutes in the car are devastating. I keep speculating about how he could have subdued her to the point of incapacitation that ended with so much blood in the car, in so short a time.

My guess is he didn't sexually assault her in the car right away because I think it would have taken a few minutes to get her under his control, and I don't know if that leaves time for him to remove her clothes and assault her right then and there.

I mean, he could have shot her in the head or chest but then he'd have to be some kind of necrophiliac. I was imagining a stun gun and then maybe handcuffing her, but that wouldn't have left a lot of blood in the car. Maybe he hit her in the head with a rock or something.

Maybe he didn't remove her clothing at that point but just pulled them away and assaulted her. I still can't conceive of getting an athletic young woman incapacitated and assaulted in four minutes.

I don't know why I'm even thinking through this because it's so upsetting and at this point fruitless, but I can't stop wondering how he could've achieved his hideous goals in such a short time.

So I end up where I started, four minutes to incapacitate her in a manner that leaves enough blood for him to wash the car, but during the absent three hours is when he did any sexual assault, (if he even did, as we don't yet know) and then the murder, which I assume is the outcome.

Eliza, where are you?????

Last edited:
Assuming the first kidnapping was a strike AND Tennessee allows juvenile strikes to follow the perpetrator into the adult world (California does), then this would be his second strike. A theft would not be a strike; it’s serious and/or violent felonies.
I guess it's a shame it wasn't armed robbery. JMO

Those four minutes in the car are devastating. I keep speculating about how he could have subdued her to the point of incapacitation that ended with so much blood in the car, in so short a time.

My guess is he didn't sexually assault her in the car right away because I think it would have taken a few minutes to get her under his control, and I don't know if that leaves time for him to remove her clothes and assault her right then and there.

I mean, he could have shot her in the head or chest but then he'd have to be some kind of necrophiliac. I was imagining a stun gun and then maybe handcuffing her, but that wouldn't have left a lot of blood in the car. Maybe he hit her in the head with a rock or something.

Maybe he didn't remove her clothing at that point but just pulled them away and assaulted her. I still can't conceive of getting an athletic young woman incapacitated and assaulted in four minutes.

I don't know why I'm even thinking through this because it's so upsetting and at this point fruitless, but I can't stop wondering how he could've achieved his hideous goals in such a short time.

So I end up where I started, four minutes to incapacitate her in a manner that leaves enough blood for him to wash the car, but during the absent three hours is when he did any sexual assault, if he did, and then the murder, which I assume is the outcome.

Where did you hear info that leads you to believe there was “a lot of blood” in the car? All I saw was the info given to LE from his brother that he was cleaning the his car, and I took that to mean there probably wasnt a lot of blood, since it would be a massive thing to clean a lot of blood. Everything is relative though, your definition of ”a lot” and mine may be different!

Is it true that Liza is a billionaire heiress?
Her maternal grandfather’s company Orgill Inc.is considered a billion dollar business. But, I see no indication from her housing or employment that EF lived like an heiress or what I would call an official heiress (like Paris Hilton). If I had a billion dollars and my granddaughter was missing, I’d be offering a million/billion for her SAFE return. I do not think CA knew her family history.

So I end up where I started, four minutes to incapacitate her in a manner that leaves enough blood for him to wash the car, but during the absent three hours is when he did any sexual assault, if he did, and then the murder, which I assume is the outcome.

He probably punched her in the face and head and knocked her out, ugh

according to the interview she mentions that it might be coincidence that the previous person kidnapped, the attorney worked in same law firm as eliza's uncle. So maybe cleotha got the hint that she was wealthy and heiress to such a large sum of money so he abducted her too.
jmo

Three strikes and they all have to be serious and violent felonies? That is so messed up. I would be interested to know if there is research on the progression of crimes. I highly doubt a criminal lessens the intensity of his crimes. I would think that he/she becomes more and more violent.

Where did you hear info that leads you to believe there was “a lot of blood” in the car? All I saw was the info given to LE from his brother that he was cleaning the his car, and I took that to mean there probably wasnt a lot of blood, since it would be a massive thing to clean a lot of blood. Everything is relative though, your definition of ”a lot” and mine may be different!

You're absolutely right. I just assumed "a lot of blood." Thinking of the car being washed led me to think it was a dreadful mess, but I agree with what you're saying and I hereby rescind that part!

Sorry if it's already been linked

"Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.”

IMO concern is always necessary because one never knows what a judge and jury will do. I would like to think THIS TIME he would be sentenced to life without parole ( implementation of the the death penalty is on pause for now in Tenn though that does not mean he cannot be sentenced to death I would imagine). This could be a death penalty case. I have seen cases that I was sure the perp would get life: nope: they got 40 years and out in 20 for "good behavior" (barf)- What is even worse, I have seen (as have we all) where the perp got death which was overturned on appeal. You would think then the perp would serve life without parole, but nope, the new sentence is life- with parole. Go figure!
I agree, there are a few similarities here with the Aniah Blanchard case. It's been two years and Yazeed still hasn't been convicted. IMO, that was a pretty open and shut case as well.

You never know what a good defense attorney will come up with at trial. For instance, if true the slides and phone were handed over to her family, who then gave them to investigators - chain of custody issues. It could even be questioned how they came to be in the street to begin with. Abston could say there was another person in the car and he was in fear of his life, just doing what he was told to do.

None of that would make sense to me, but it could cause a juror or three to have reasonable doubt. Critical thinking skills (AKA common sense), appears to be lacking in some jurors today.

I am still wondering why PD confiscated her car, laptop, and long shears??
During interrogations Police often ask if there is any reason you knew each other or why her dna would be in your car? Has she been in your car before? Etc. Career criminals are savy. Maybe he made something up like, she was on her period and having an affair. They met because he has done yard work or landscaping for her in the past. Blah blah blah. I know it's a stretch but just thought

I went back and read the section about the September 1 police report. That report lead LE to his address. The very next line says that the investigators then contacted his employer and she verified what he drove and what his phone number was. Based on that serious of events I am wondering if the Sept 1 police report is related to his job?

Why would he dump her clothes separately from her? I realize they would be removed for SA but if he say threw her in the river, why not throw her clothes with her? I know there is little hope but maybe he is holding her somewhere and he took her clothes to discourage her from running?
Perhaps he had gotten rid of her and realized the clothes were still in the vehicle. The feeling I get is of someone panicked, scurrying about without thought.

I found the interview very confusing. I have no idea why Coffindaffer thinks the first kidnapping was not random. Previous post/link was removed - but here it is.

Oh WOW! I heard that her uncle worked in same law office as Durand but it was “rumor” so I kept my mouth shut (I know that’s unlike me) - this could be a good sign that he has her somewhere?!?. He didn’t have time to request a ransom?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak