Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on WJHL news channel 11.

I changed a paragraph concerning her "baby daddy".

D Adams
3 weeks ago

I am not defending Megan in any way.

What she has perpetrated is monstrous.
I'm invoking my freedom of speech at the risk of making everybody mad.
But...
Every time you say Evelyn never stood a chance.
That could also be said about Megan.

Do you think she was raised with character, morals, and integrity?

I don't see that in any of this cast of characters.

Megan is still not out of her teens, she is a child. And behaves more like a child than an adult.

That baby daddy of hers knocked her up(statutory or not) then split.

That current bf also has some tie this, otherwise Megan's mom Angela and her bf wouldn't be driving around NC in his BMW for free.

And now that the rubber meets the road, Megan stands alone.
I hope she finds Jesus.
Through God all things are possible.
And God's bottom line with all of us is love.

The answer is love.

Somehow, someway Megan needs to see love like the love of Jesus.

Please don't bomb me with negative responses, this has been hard enough to admit to myself, then you all.

My heart has been with Evelyn and Evelyn alone during this whole fiasco.

I am thinking now I was wrong.

Jesus would have me be better than that.

Thank-you for re-posting this Dsasleuth - I did not see it previously.

I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion and sentiment - but have to admit I'm a card carrying atheist.

I like how we can be different on that front yet have the same opinion regarding situations like this.

Thank-you for re-posting this Dsasleuth - I did not see it previously.

I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion and sentiment - but have to admit I'm a card carrying atheist.

I like how we can be different on that front yet have the same opinion regarding situations like this.
As do I.
Respect.

I don't know any teen who murdered, hid, and lied about their missing child for two months or a minute for that matter. jmo

Knowing such a person doesn't mean it hasn't happened before - I don't know anyone who has done this either. LE seems to know, from their experience, what to do about it though.

I hear your anger, disgust etc - that's easy imo. But the 'village' still did nothing knowing what we know, much sooner than we did.

The order!! out of chaos will kick in someday - as per your suggestion. Surely the 'village' will realize it's error someday. Jmo.

@Woodland. I agree so much with you that there's no more for me to say. But I will.

MB wants to be loved, she's only ever received love from her father. Sometimes in life, it's the love of a mother that can really make a difference, solve your problem. A loving mother teaches her brood the right way in life. A loving mother offers the correct support, and doesn't let you down. Unlike AB.
Yes, the ability to nurture and care for a child is not necessarily innate. Much of it is learned behavior.
Any child who grows up in a home full of chaos, neglect and isolation is going to have a difficult time learning to parent. The parenting classes offered in high school are well-meaning, but it's just not the same.

Megan certainly was not in any position to start raising a family, but unfortunately that is the situation she found herself in. It's too bad she didn't have a support system before all this happened. If a concerned family member or friend had only reached out to CPS, they could have helped provide resources for her or placed Evelyn in a safer environment. Which is the story MB ended up telling, ironically. (That she had been placed in foster care.)

If only it were true.

Imo

I highly respect empathy and compassion. I’m not quite ready to extend it to MB, but I will extend a silent round of applause for all teen mothers who lack support systems and still go on to raise happy, healthy children.
I would too, but I have yet to meet anyone like that.

It's nearly impossible for a teen mother to finish high school, get a job decent enough to pay rent and childcare expenses, and raise a child successfully without a lot of support from someone.

In my experience, most teen mothers rely on their own parents to help care for the baby. Usually their mothers or grandmothers end up taking care of the baby while they go to school or work.

Or, depending on their age, both mother and child end up in foster care.

MB was seventeen when she became pregnant, so those services were not available to her, at least not for long.

It's too bad she wasn't mature enough to realize she needed help, or that someone older and wiser did not steer her in the right direction. I don't think she had the skills or the where-withal to do it herself.

Imo

I would too, but I have yet to meet anyone like that.

It's nearly impossible for a teen mother to finish high school, get a job decent enough to pay rent and childcare expenses, and raise a child successfully without a lot of support from someone.

In my experience, most teen mothers rely on their own parents to help care for the baby. Usually their mothers or grandmothers end up taking care of the baby while they go to school or work.

Or, depending on their age, both mother and child end up in foster care.

MB was seventeen when she became pregnant, so those services were not available to her, at least not for long.

It's too bad she wasn't mature enough to realize she needed help, or that someone older and wiser did not steer her in the right direction. I don't think she had the skills or the where-withal to do it herself.

Imo

Agreed. MB certainly didn’t have help from her mother. It’s still not clear to me if others in the family were trying to help her, or not. So much we are waiting to learn about this case.

I’m still applauding the teen moms that do manage to get it right, despite terrible circumstances. I can name at least one (haven’t met her). A teen mother who had no support system and is a hero:

Jaycee Dugard

I don't know any teen who murdered, hid, and lied about their missing child for two months or a minute for that matter. jmo
There are probably more than we can count. Every year in the US, about 450 children are killed by their parents. Many parents are very young when they commit these crimes.

There are many different statistics for each year online, but parents are responsible for about 61% of child murders in the US. Most homicides are caused by beatings or suffocation.

Those numbers are believed to be even higher because the bodies of some children are never found or are found too late to determine cause of death.

Imo

Yes those seem to be facts. But did MB's father tell her what was to be or show her the way? Big difference in my life's experience and observation.

MB had a child before she got out of the inevitable rebellious years. The rebellious years are vital to a teen's growth imo - as maddening as they are. It's a necessary phase imo.

IMO had MB stayed with her father things may have turned out different for her. Wasn't it her father bought the red car for her? Quite a smart looking car too, I think MB wanted to live alone with her baby, making her own way. AB came back into the scene with her 'bad ways'. Probably getting drunk, doing drugs? Perhaps. Now I've not read of MB drinking nor doing drugs but, I've a gut feeling that AB eventually would have MB living the life of AB. She's such a bad influence, certainly not a loving mother figure or she wouldn't have lost custody of her children to her husband when they split/divorced.

I appreciate my own view isn't a popular view but I am permitted to put forward my views.

Agreed. MB certainly didn’t have help from her mother. It’s still not clear to me if others in the family were trying to help her, or not. So much we are waiting to learn about this case.

I’m still applauding the teen moms that do manage to get it right, despite terrible circumstances. I can name at least one (haven’t met her). A teen mother who had no support system and is a hero:

Jaycee Dugard
Yes, she is amazing and it's incredible how she and others like Amanda Berry were able to overcome their circumstances in captivity.

I don't know if you saw the movie, "Room," but it's a fictional story about a young woman in captivity who raised her child until he was five when they escaped. The hurdles they faced once they had to live back in the real world might be an accurate portrayal of the emotional scars they were left with long after their horrible experience.

Imo

It is like a sink full of dirty dishes, no one notices when they are cleaned and put away.

We never hear about the good ones or reasonably bad ones, what we do hear about are the horribly, unreasonably bad ones.

Yes, she is amazing and it's incredible how she and others like Amanda Berry were able to overcome their circumstances in captivity.

I don't know if you saw the movie, "Room," but it's a fictional story about a young woman in captivity who raised her child until he was five when they escaped. The hurdles they faced once they had to live back in the real world might be an accurate portrayal of the emotional scars they were left with long after their horrible experience.

Imo

I did read it. Then watched it. It was hard to watch, harder to look away.
It was a different angle on the the subject for sure.

Imagine we are stir crazy over this quarentine.

There was a strong spirit in that women to endure all that to see her child free. And taken care of.
Fits this subject well.

Imo

I did see Room. Incredible story.

I hope those here understand that I don’t make light of the extremely difficult circumstances teen mothers face, especially those without a support system. I’m just struggling with how it all failed so badly, and took the life of Evelyn with it. We are all analyzing it in different ways, but we are all in the same place.

Struggling with the reality of another dead child.

I did see Room. Incredible story.

I hope those here understand that I don’t make light of the extremely difficult circumstances teen mothers face, especially those without a support system. I’m just struggling with how it all failed so badly, and took the life of Evelyn with it. We are all analyzing it in different ways, but we are all in the same place.

Struggling with the reality of another dead child.

COD has yet to be released - those details may sway readers one way or another.

There are probably more than we can count. Every year in the US, about 450 children are killed by their parents. Many parents are very young when they commit these crimes.

There are many different statistics for each year online, but parents are responsible for about 61% of child murders in the US. Most homicides are caused by beatings or suffocation.

Those numbers are believed to be even higher because the bodies of some children are never found or are found too late to determine cause of death.

Imo
Oh I know the number is way too many, but are these committed by teenage girls? That was the point of my post. I don't deny parents do this, but there are many more who do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn