TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared my story only to help others understand how GP may have felt and what she may have gone through. I DID'T tell my story for people to feel sorry for me. I was very fortunate to have the loving support of family and friends to get through it, which not all people are that lucky. Sometimes its the ones you love the most that hurt you the most and that can be very devastating to ones being. I pray with all my heart that GP is found safe and sound and that she will one day be united again with her children and those that love her. I can only imagine what this poor woman has gone through. If she has meet foul play then I pray for justice to be served.

I shared my story only to help others understand how GP may have felt and what she may have gone through. I DID'T tell my story for people to feel sorry for me. I was very fortunate to have the loving support of family and friends to get through it, which not all people are that lucky. Sometimes its the ones you love the most that hurt you the most and that can be very devastating to ones being. I pray with all my heart that GP is found safe and sound and that she will one day be united again with her children and those that love her. I can only imagine what this poor woman has gone through. If she has meet foul play then I pray for justice to be served.

I'm with you Snowbunny. Unless you've been there, you can't truly understand how horrifying it can be. It's the....."it can't happen to me". I pray it never does. You were lucky in having a safe, soft spot to land afterward and having your family and children to sustain you. Unfortunately there are some people out there who for whatever reason...immaturity, mental issues, insecurities, or a little of them all can make someone else's life a living hell and take enjoyment in it. I think people like that are trying real damn hard to cover up or hide something they are not dealing with or too afraid to. Glad you made it and thank you for sharing.
Your stronger than you were.....

hollyblue, I was thinking something similar. IF it is her--what kind of woman sleeps with a married man, and doesn't even have the brains to know she is doing something morally wrong--then compounds the damage by disrespecting his missing wife? She should be ashamed enough of herself and her behavior to at least stay out of it. (again, IF it is her)

I have to add: I didn't see the comments you are talking about, so I don't know what the woman said. Still, it seems very low class to me.

Disrespecting a missing person...a mother...shows more of that person's character than GP., imo.
Married couples cheating is practically a norm anymore.....or statics show it that way; but having your wife or husband totally vanish while going through a separation/divorce raises my antennas with red flags. Maybe someone should sit the alleged gf down and tell her the story of Drew Peterson.

I wonder if Diane has been able to see the children at all? How confused they must be. Hope MP is allowing some counseling.

Thank you ALL for sharing your stories....I know I've done the same....I don't think anyone is trying to take the spotlight off of finding Gail. We know so little, but what doesn't seem to be in doubt is that GP was incredibly fearful. We don't know if there is a history of abuse and/or coercive control in this marriage but many of us who have been through this see things in this case that concern us. I think many of us hope that sharing our experiences and what we were thinking/feeling at the time might give some insight into Gail's state of mind.

Many people get divorced and many divorces are nasty. Divorcing an abuser isn't something you can compare to an average "nasty" divorce, especially when children are involved. You can't just get over it, because the abuse often continues after divorce and may even transfer to your child when you are no longer available as a target.

Nobody plans to become a victim of domestic violence. It's not a life anyone would choose. There are still today many stigmas that survivors face in addition to all the other obstacles it presents. So when a woman chooses to share her experience, even though it may be painful, she is usually motivated by the desire to help another woman. I'm not just talking about Gail, but other women who read here. Survivors who live to tell the tale aren't crybabies but heroes.

Hope MP is allowing some counseling.

I doubt that would be in his best interests.

Do we have any legal experts on this particular board? I wonder if a guardian ad litem should/could be appointed for the children and how it could be done without Gail here to request it.

Do we have any legal experts on this particular board? I wonder if a guardian ad litem should/could be appointed for the children and how it could be done without Gail here to request it.

IDK how that would be handled, but I'd too like to know if that would be an option in this case. ? Unfortunately, his best interests may not agree with childrens'. Can her family do anything for the children at this point? Can they show up in court to voice their concern?

Wondering why you quoted my post when you are addressing Snowbunny?

But anyway, I think Snowbunny's divorce WAS unique --divorces usually are not friendly, but don't generally result in people being driven off the road and the other things Snowbunny has mentioned (see post #196). Hearing an experience like hers is valuable because of the nature of this case. She certainly hasn't tried to dominate the discussion. JMO

Huh, what, what?

RavenTrue, I'm having a little trouble understanding your post a couple up the line. But what I think I'm reading is that you know you would do whatever you had to do in order to take care of yourself and your child, whatever unexpected struggles might ever come your way. Makes perfect sense. I can say, though, for the people out there who wonder (and some who have posted the thought) why she wouldn't have just left... the angles that keep women from doing that are SOOO many, and they really do make logical sense. A BIG deal is that it takes an almost IMPOSSIBLE amount of evidence to prevent each parent from having unsupervised "residential time" (formerly called "visitation"), and for women who are dealing with abuse, that is a horrible thought to overcome. At least while they are present, they can be a buffer....

BBM

I could not agree MORE Pearl/all!

RavenTrue, I think you're deleting the quote code at the end of the quote. Gotta keep both codes. Think of them as parentheses....

Pearl,

There are many guardiems here...and at litem as well. Good people. They can help.

It was Gail driving away from the house. I promise you.

We know she had it in her possession until approximately noon on 4/30. We also know that her phone did not leave the area and/or the phone left and came back. But that is all we know.

The RO in and of itself is not all that unusual in cases of separation.It is primarily to restrict her from taking the children out of the county if she should return.he is also asking the court to give him temporary custody since she has left without contacting anyone and because she is, according to MP,suffering from delusions. ETA: I believe that he has to get TC in order to get an RO and he really wants the RO to make sure she cannot take the kids anywhere.

The request is for an emergency temporary order since it is impossible to serve Gail at this time.

I suspect that Matt is keeping as much to himself as possible. Could easily turn into a spectacle if he personally calls on Arlene. If you think about it, Gail has enlisted the help of an agent to hold it for her and Matt has enlisted the help of an agent to go get it.

I would further suspect that lawyers and LE are also involved in learning what Arlene may have.

I think that would be impossible

He also filed for separation and wants to be able to stay in the home. He would not be able to sell it at this point.

Unless of course she knew who was following her and exactly what they wanted.

I don't think we know what time the meeting was nor do we know if he was late or not. Perhaps Gail was early.
JMHO of course.

I hope that helps.

The police station is not far from her house. If she was being followed, I wonder why she did not just drive there.

I believe they owned the AL property well before moving to TN. With the current housing markets, it probably would not have been easy to sell or profitable.

They bought the lake home in AL shortly after they got married. I think it has always been more special to Gail Marie than MP. As I mentioned before, one of her favorite things to say was, "buy the lake home first so you can't say you don't have the money for it later!"

Its been almost a month. I think if she disappeared on her own she'd have made a peep by now. ;_;

I saw a "life is good" tire cover the other day (Without the flower) made me a very sad mouse.

It is now one month since Gail Marie went missing. I was in a drug store on Friday filling a prescription for my son at their pharmacy and I started crying right in the middle of the store. Gail's first job was a clerk at a pharmacy; I used to visit her at work many times. She had wanted to be a Pharmacist since HS and had always planned on attending grad school to get her PharmD. This, however, was not part of her dream.

Where is Gail Marie???

Ok...now I'm confused.

Now printing (in full colour) to every persons available in this case. They will be sent with linen embossed with my initials, and real sealing wax.

Maybe .05 more for the wax, but it will make a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther