TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are screen captures of the 3 shots of the police report from April 29th. I couldn't read anything on the second page shown. It starts at about 1:38 into the news video at the link I just posted.

gail-policereport1.jpg

gail-policereport2.jpg

gail-policereport3.jpg

Edited to add: I see the address on the report is 1111 Ridgeway, which is the fire department and police station (and city hall maybe, if Google is to be believed).

His own mother seemed to like Gail by all accounts. For their sake, why didn't he care?
Glorias...I am curious about something you said. How did you come to this conclusion? Do you know Matt/Gail/ or Matt's mother? ... Ii was just wondering ... I haven't read anything about Gail's relationship with her mother-in-law at all. I have wondered where her voice has been in all this?...just my :twocents:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14878595

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, TN (WRCB) -- As the family of Gail Palmgren continue their search, Gail's neighbor and friend, Arlene Durham, alleges Signal Mountain Police told her to not to infer with their case.

She says a day after Palmgren went missing, she drove to Mississippi and Florida asking questions on the disappearance.

READ IT FOR YOURSELF - HER BEST FRIEND'S WORDS....

I am doing some catch up... but I have to say the interview with Arlene has me in tears.

Glorias...I am curious about something you said. How did you come to this conclusion? Do you know Matt/Gail/ or Matt's mother? ... Ii was just wondering ... I haven't read anything about Gail's relationship with her mother-in-law at all. I have wondered where her voice has been in all this?...just my :twocents:

There was an article which said Gail went to stay with Matt's mother after one of their altercations which led to a 911 call. Also some of Gail's friends on WS confirmed that Matt's mother is a lovely woman who liked Gail. (Edit: The post I remembered was talking about Gail's stepmother, not mother-in-law. Sorry guys.) I'll see if I can find it all, I'll try to get links tonight. Sorry I don't have them right now, I'm disorganized.

Wow, Sleuthy1.
Thank you for the very interesting and informative article !

I have been bothered all day by something in that article, so thought I would post it for you more expert sleuthers to ponder…

<snipped from our WS timeline>

From the newest article:

So&#8230; Gail had to have told Arlene - about Matt coming down to talk to the kids - after the 911 call on 4/29,&#8230;

But why would Gail tell Arlene that&#8230;.knowing that Matt had told the cops that he would stay in Signal Mtn &#8230; ??

Gail and the kids told Arlene he was coming down to take the kids fishing and boating.
Also she was warned on 5-30-11 from the police , not the the nexted day after Gail went missing.

Pfffft....feelings hurt. Like you said, slowly but surely the truth is coming out. It always does. No matter what the truth always comes out. May take awhile but it will. And it looks like it's starting to. My heart aches for those kids.

BBM
MP's reaction to rumors and access of family members to those kids is the likely the issue here. The more rumors about what he may/may not have done are assosciated with family looking for him, the more they worry about the limited access they already have....close to none. I think they are very torn about what to do, and Gail is an adult with choices, her kids aren't. It's not that they don't want to find her or object to searching/publicity.

They are reluctant to even consider that the worst has happened to her, so when it is said, they become upset/angry, which doesn't help either. That Arlene can say it in such bald terms ( I can't!!) says a great deal about the strength of her personality and her determination to put GAIL first in this, her children and everyone/thing else, trail a very poor second. Arlene and Clive are of like mind in this, which is why they seem so dangerous with their comments sometimes....Clive is the more respectful of the current investigation of the two....but then again he wasn't the one showing police info over which they showed no interest, so Arlene's doubts about LE are somewhat understandable.

It is interesting that Arlene is Gail's closest friend....all her other friends (here anyway!) and Gail herself (and Diane!) are so opposite in personality! My hunch is that Arlene has always been exactly what Gail needed through all she experienced. Someone to scream at her that she was doing the right thing...someone to yell at her "no more money" etc... To say "Yes, do it".... rather than, "that sounds like a good idea", "I should think so". Not that anyone else meant it less...just a form of expression. Arlene is an amazing friend and I hope we all have an Arlene (but am guessing most of us don't!) and I'm so thankful Gail does. I do think she should listen to the police at this point though, if they say back off. Some of the things that have been revealed now DO make it obvious that when they said to back off...it was because they are actively investigating, so hopefully she should find this reassuring....hopefully Arlene didn't feel the need to say all this yesterday because the police still haven't been interested in the information and haven't accepted it from her....these are things Gail had given them on the 29th by the sounds of it?

Also...Clive has always been clear about not knowing Gail. He does have some mutual friends though, and so is not totally disconnected. His personal experiences with divorce and custody issues are also a driving force, (as several people on here have also expressed with regard to themselves!)

Anyway..maybe this sheds some light on the personalities being discussed here. I don't know Arlene at all ...just everyone else involved.

Also...to me, the sketch does not look like Gail....but it does look like that picture of Gail. I have no experience with these kind of sketches, so maybe this info will be helpful to someone who does?

Just in case this hasn't been posted before. This may clear up 'who' this person is. Initially, he was the first one to step up here on Signal. If I go missing, I want Clive looking for me!

http://missingyouorg.com/http:/miss...oga-tennessee-chapter-missing-you-foundation/

He would!

...I think he has found his life's mission...He is concentrating on Gail, but in doing so has discovered just how many others there are....within 50 miles and of which "we" have never heard. He is a very vocal person, but has been so full or action over this that I have been amazed.

http://guthriesports.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/officers-look-into-identity-of-murder-victim/

"The medical examiner&#8217;s office believes the woman had been in the water for approximately four days, which put her in the river around May 24, 2011."

I can see a resemblance, but the timing is off. Have the LE even checked to see if the jeep is in MP's garage?

As far as reasons why Gail came back on Saturday, maybe he told her he wasn't coming down. My sister is in the process of divorcing and she is still disappointed when her ex cancels "family" plans. Although Gail was "prepared" for the divorce, maybe she was emotionally still hopeful. If the kids and Gail told Arlene that MP was supposed to come take the kids fishing and he canceled, I can see why she came back upset.

fbx, just a quick question: You mentioned "these are things Gail had given them on the 29th by the sounds of it?" Does that mean Gail gave LE some items on the 29th when she was at the station?

Also, that article and the comments from ATRUEFRIEND sound like Arlene was on the phone to Matt by the 30th (by calling the TN house directly) and already talking to LE on May 1. If I'm understanding that right, that really narrows down that missing stretch of time we have been wondering about. Gail was definitely already noticed as missing on the 29th by more people than just Matt.

I was able to get a transcript for the news story that was on tonight (link here in case anyone missed it.) There is a story that accompanies the video at that link, but I thought I'd transcribe this video too. The audio on that video was really distorted for me, so if there are corrections, let me know:

There were also screenshots of the police report from the 29th, I'll try to get them up in a second.

I am trying so hard to keep up with this everyday the best I can. I thought I read that Arlene was sent a "text" by the police regarding here "interference" which first off I find extremely unprofessional. Have the police sat down and talked to her specifically not to "interfere?" I don't like the use of that word interfere because Arlene is just trying to do what she can to find her friend--to find the truth.

My other concern for Arlene is her driving all over to search based on a small tip or anything, I hope for her sake there are not crackpots out there sending her on wild goose chase. I actually find myself now concerned for Arlene's safety as well. (stay safe sister) I know if it was me I would have to check out everything I knew...just in case!

My concern for Arlene's safety is based on the fact that she has alot of information, alot she has shared and I am sure there is more she has not shared for good reason. Something is so very wrong with this situation and it seems that Arlene is one of the few that knows exactly what was going on before Gail's disappearance.

If I was Arlene, and I don't know if she has done this, I am guessing she has. I would sit down with the police and ask them. Give me one reason to back off and make it a better reason than the fact you think I am interfering. I am sure police cannot reveal alot but they could say something to her to satisfy her as to why they are asking for her to back off. Not saying she should back off but she could still be the Advocate that she is being without interfering as they police seem to say.

On another note, I do hope the children are protected from the so called rumors and sleuthing and everything else. However, the family and MP should have thought about that before all this happened. If they are still hanging on to the fact that Gail went off on her own the are sorely mistaking. If Gail went off on her own we would not have this discussion and there would not be a FB page up searching for her and Arlene would not be putting her heart and soul into finding her.

I really wish I knew what brought Gail back to the house that next morning. Whatever the reason was, it's the reason she is missing.

Arlene never yelled at Gail she was supportive of Gail. And listen to all that was going on, gave advice when asked and only gave comfort and a shoulder to lean on to her friend.And as far as the documents she was getting them in the mail and handed to her.

If the children were spending most of their time with MP, because of Gail's traveling work schedule, maybe they would have grown more attached to and protective of him? So he could manipulate them easier...you know, a little comment here and there about mommy not being home? or whatever.

But on the other hand--I'm sure they saw and heard him abusing Gail, too. It must be really confusing for them. They really are victims in this, too--innocent victims. I feel so bad for them.

I can tell you that this is not the case. I don't know the Palmgrens, but my stepkids know their kids. I don't know what their home situation was like or anything, but I can say that before the disappearence, they were close to their mother.

Gail and the kids told Arlene he was coming down to take the kids fishing and boating.
Also she was warned on 5-30-11 from the police , not the the nexted day after Gail went missing.

I thought they had said something about the Florida excursion also....and perhaps there was a good reason not to mention the 5-30-11 warning (which was also more vehement)...ie Arlene didn't want to answer questions about it to the media.

So...Matt wasn't expected on the 30th to discuss a future separation with the kids? (After the altercation at the police station they were just going to chill out and fish?)

I can tell you that this is not the case. I don't know the Palmgrens, but my stepkids know their kids. I don't know what their home situation was like or anything, but I can say that before the disappearence, they were close to their mother.

Thanks, perico. I am glad to know that. I was only guessing.

I am trying so hard to keep up with this everyday the best I can. I thought I read that Arlene was sent a "text" by the police regarding here "interference" which first off I find extremely unprofessional. Have the police sat down and talked to her specifically not to "interfere?" I don't like the use of that word interfere because Arlene is just trying to do what she can to find her friend--to find the truth.

My other concern for Arlene is her driving all over to search based on a small tip or anything, I hope for her sake there are not crackpots out there sending her on wild goose chase. I actually find myself now concerned for Arlene's safety as well. (stay safe sister) I know if it was me I would have to check out everything I knew...just in case!

My concern for Arlene's safety is based on the fact that she has alot of information, alot she has shared and I am sure there is more she has not shared for good reason. Something is so very wrong with this situation and it seems that Arlene is one of the few that knows exactly what was going on before Gail's disappearance.

If I was Arlene, and I don't know if she has done this, I am guessing she has. I would sit down with the police and ask them. Give me one reason to back off and make it a better reason than the fact you think I am interfering. I am sure police cannot reveal alot but they could say something to her to satisfy her as to why they are asking for her to back off. Not saying she should back off but she could still be the Advocate that she is being without interfering as they police seem to say.

On another note, I do hope the children are protected from the so called rumors and sleuthing and everything else. However, the family and MP should have thought about that before all this happened. If they are still hanging on to the fact that Gail went off on her own the are sorely mistaking. If Gail went off on her own we would not have this discussion and there would not be a FB page up searching for her and Arlene would not be putting her heart and soul into finding her.

I really wish I knew what brought Gail back to the house that next morning. Whatever the reason was, it's the reason she is missing.

bolded by me.

It's weird, KathyJ, I woke up during the night thinking this exact same thing. There could be reason to worry about Arlene's safety, and the police need to tell her why, not just threaten her to stop searching!

I also just don't understand LE not being receptive to her storehouse of information and documents, etc, from Gail.

Arlene never yelled at Gail she was supportive of Gail. And listen to all that was going on, gave advice when asked and only gave comfort and a shoulder to lean on to her friend.And as far as the documents she was getting them in the mail and handed to her.

sorry...the perils of email/poor expression/inference!

I didn't mean yelled as in shouted...although I did say that!!...I meant exactly what you said so much better...Arlene must have been Gail's Rock...she was a firm and positive support for the situation Gail was in. She seems to have a very strong personality that Gail knew she could count on....how right she was in that.

Also...I mis-remembered about the "documents"...for some reason I had thought Arlene said in the article that Gail had tried to give the police the info, but now can only find where Arlene said that she tried to. No idea how I messed that up...so sorry to be misleading.

Also...the 5/30 refers to LE warning Arlene when she was staying here on SM for a time.....4/30 is when Gail went missing...unless TrueFriend mis-typed?

Okay so I will admit new on here (don't roll yours eyes at me ) lol what does LE stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16