TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think the public would move on more rapidly if Gail was not continually thrown under the bus by MP's attorney's to MSM. Although, this is MY impression of the articles each time they make comments.

It appears to me IMHO that the attorney's are consistently releasing negative comments (from whoever) about Gail. Why do it? You are correct, it's actually not good PR for Matt, and confusing the public. Does Matt not have any control over what they are saying about his wife, the mother of his children, regardless of the circumstances of their impending divorce?

They mentioned how much he had lost, how hard it was for him...what about what the kids have lost? Just ONE ounce of sincerity of Gail's disappearance would go a long way. I don't even recall (please correct me if I misstate) the attorney's (if they are speaking for MP) asking for help in finding Gail, advising Matt to post a reward, something, showing he believes she is alive (that would certainly clear their client), why is that? JMHO.

Personally, I cannot even begin to imagine what these children are going through not knowing what has happened to their mother.....And since MP readily referred to the children as being his kids I certainly hope he has taken steps to get them some type of support and counselling to deal with everything that is going on in their young lives at this time...JMHO

Things I'm wondering about...

Do we know that Gail didn't arrive from the lake earlier than 12:15? Did SB see the kids in the car or are we going on MP's word that Gail dropped the kids off at 12:15, not earlier? Don't know what I'm getting at, just trying to get a timeline.

Did SB see Gail arrive or just leave?

On the theory that Gail was being kidnapped based on Carol's statement, it would seem to me that the female with her was local and knew that area. Or maybe they were to meet someone and couldn't find the spot, which is why they were seen 3 times.

The siting makes everything more confusing. How did the brown haired lady end up in Gail's jeep? The only way you could possibly make me drive somewhere is if you threatened to go back for my kids. I think I would still crash the car, but then again she could have been so shocked that she didn't know what to do. Could she have been drugged?

My opinion on what would make Gail come back from the lake, drop the kids off, and take off without acknowledging SB? If I found out my husband used my retirement fund to pay for his girlfriend's new car, you can bet I'd be on a rampage.

My opinion on MP waiting 48 hours- I've seen nasty splits where I don't think the husband would report the wife missing for 2 days. If he's innocent, I'm sure he wouldn't want to air his dirty laundry if he thought Gail was just punishing him by disappearing. But after it becomes apparent that she's gone, If I were MP, I would be looking hard for her just to clear my name and be able to move on with my life with my gf.

Why did the GF buy a car in PA (or wherever they were) and drive it down? Does she have connections up there. Did they pick up a 3rd person and drive that person down? Assuming MP and his GF are responsible for Gail's disappearance.

I am close to someone with mental illness who has psychotic episodes and she has never disappeared. As a matter of fact, when she is psychotic, everyone hears from her a little too much. Based on the things said about Gail by everyone, including MP himself in an early statement-"She has left before, but always stayed in contact with the kids..." I am convinced that she would not just leave with no contact for this long. It doesn't make any sense at all. In cases like this, I always think it would be so easy for one to erase all or most doubt about his or her involvement. If he were not being watched closely by LE, I believe they would make a statement saying so, as was done in the Holly Bobo case regarding her brother. In that case, even though LE did not want to clear anyone, they did make a statement saying that they believed the brother's story about what happened to Holly on the day she disappeared, which may have been prompted by all the media and internet rumors about him. In this case, I believe they cannot make any sort of statement regarding a suspect or POI at this point, because they do not have enough evidence. But, I believe they are watching him and waiting... I think it's time for the TBI to be brought in on this case.

Many people will react differently....as they do to stress. We were not there, so we don't know if GP was acutally having a psychotic break or a panic attack, but from comments by others...including Matt..it obviously wasn't something that could be called chronic. That's why this statement in MSM is so misleading and disturbing. IMO
Per Colombo's link:

Brief psychotic disorder — An acute, short-term episode of psychosis lasting no longer than one month. This disorder may occur in response to a stressful event.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Psychotic+episodes

Really curious what phone records may tell.

snipped...

Carol is just some woman who thinks she saw Gail. This new witness is apparently an attorney in AL-he is an officer of the court.

Personally, I think there is a huge difference between the two things. C is someone whose full name was reported along with their information and direct quotes from her. This other person is nameless, unidentified, and the info they have was told through a third party. We don't know if he was quoting or paraphrasing this unidentified person. We can't even verify if s/he's an attorney or not.

I just want to point out that it is a known fact that people suffering from mental disorders and women who have experienced violence often present very similarly on psychological evaluations such as the MMPI-2. This is why the use of these tests is contraindicated when dealing with a family where abuse/coercive control are present or suspected. This is also why evaluators take a detailed family history, because even a trained evaluator can't look at an event like what occurred with GP and her "friends" and make an evaluation based on that alone.

For those friends of MP that have come here to defend him: Everything in me hopes you are right at the end of the day. Crazy is treatable. Dead is not. These poor kids will never be the same after this, but if their mom could be found and helped and their father's name cleared, that would be the best we could hope for for them at this point. And I am praying for that outcome, even though I believe it's more likely that she is a sane woman who did not leave of her own volition.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office

6/16/2011

Gail Palmgren left her home on April 30, 2011. She was reported missing to the Signal Mountain Police Department on May 2, 2011 by her husband. The Signal Mountain Police Department and the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office are working jointly to resolve this missing person investigation. Mrs. Palmgren is described as a 44 year old white female, 5’ 8" weighing 135 lbs. with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen driving her 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, dark red with a black top, bearing Alabama personalized registration of EASY ST.

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division is requesting for anyone who may have information pertaining to this missing person investigation are urged to call 423-209-8940, Sheriff’s dispatcher 423-622-0022 or email investigations@hcsheriff.gov

http://www.hcsheriff.gov/

Update on the Palmgren investigation
Date: 06/16/2011
Janice Atkinson Public Information Officer
office/423-209-8922

Due to requests from the media for updated information related to the Missing Person investigation involving Ms. Gail Palmgren, the following is being sent.

This is an active and on-going joint missing person investigation involving investigators from both the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division and the Signal Mountain Police Department. Every lead or tip received from either the public or family members of Ms. Palmgren is exhaustively investigated by law enforcement.

We do welcome the assistance from the media in continuing to show Ms. Palmgrens picture as well as the picture of her vehicle. Also to disseminate telephone numbers (423-209-8940 or 423-622-0022) for anyone with information pertaining to this missing person case. An email address is available as well for persons with any information at investigations@hcsheriff.gov

Please direct all future information requests to the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Office.

http://www.hcsheriff.gov/pressreleases/display.php?releaseid=357

Alabama Department of Public Safety

Alert Information

Category: Endangered
Case Number: 11000808
Date Issued: 05/18/2011

Comments: Ms. Gail Palmgren was last seen on Signal Mountain, Tennessee in the afternoon on April 30, 2011 and she has ties to Alabama. She was driving a dark Red 4 door 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a black soft top and personalized Alabama License plate number EAZYST. She has not been seen since that time. Anyone who has had contact with Gail Palmgren or has information pertaining to her whereabouts is asked to contact the Signal Mountain Tennessee Police Department at 423-886-2123.

Contact Information
Phone: (423) 886-2123

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/Pages/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=b3b6be37-110f-4d81-a502-72285f950023

Alabama Department of Public Safety

Printable poster in PDF file format:

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/Pa...ype=0&ID=b3b6be37-110f-4d81-a502-72285f950023

Now more than ever I am inclined to believe the sighting on Big Fork Road could very well be true and Gail was not there by her own volition...JMHO

Although I haven't posted in previous threads, I've been following this case closely.

I'm trying to find more info about the conversation Gail had with her sister Diane 'moments' before she went missing.

I'd appreciate any articles or videos or any further info really that anyone has, as this article w/video below is the only info I've found.

TIA
BeanE

Search Continues For Missing Signal Mountain Woman
Updated: May 16, 2011 8:56AM EST
http://www.myfoxchattanooga.com/story/14651377/search-continues-for-missing-signal-mountain-woman

From brief article:

Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

Transcribed from the video starting at approx. 00:56

Reporter: Her whereabouts are a mystery that's only been intensified by Palmgren's last conversation with her sister, moments before she was last seen.

Diane: She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared.

Reporter: The Nichols say they couldn't get Palmgren to say why she was scared though, but they did make out this much...

Diane: She just said that she thought, you know, she was being followed

Reporter: It was a bizarre conversation, and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren.

Diane: I know they had some marriage problems, but that's all I know.

======================

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Now more than ever I am inclined to believe the sighting on Big Fork Road could very well be true and Gail was not there by her own volition...JMHO

Curious why you believe this Em?

My question is, 'does LE believe this sighting?'

I ask this because IF this was true, this would be a VITAL piece of the puzzle in finding Gail. That would mean there's a person, or two, that saw Gail AFTER LE is reporting the last sighting of Gail. LE would also be asking this woman and whoever was in the truck to step forward. There would also be a description of the truck................NADA!

Apparently, for SOME reason, either LE hasn't been given this information, or they believe it's a FALSE lead.

I don't know if this sighting is valid, but I'm more inclined to DOUBT it, than think it's true. But, in the back of my mind, this information deserves to be stored until, or unless something else develops from it.

JMHO
fran

<modsnip>
Yes, I realize that the SO is always the first suspect, and with good reason. I personally feel that the LE has been investigating him closely from the beginning, hence MP getting the attorney. I also feel that Matt had no part in Gails disappearance, so they haven't made him a POI or obtained a search warrant, etc. It seems to me that they checked him out, he understandably got an attorney, cooperated, and pretty much the LE moved on. Doesn't seem like the public has moved on.

Do I have theories...yes, but I will not post them in a public forum.

BBM, respectfully. IIRC, he obtained the attorney prior to reporting her-am I mistaken in that?

Although I haven't posted in previous threads, I've been following this case closely.

I'm trying to find more info about the conversation Gail had with her sister Diane 'moments' before she went missing.

===================
Diane: She just said that she thought, you know, she was being followed

Reporter: It was a bizarre conversation, and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren.

Diane: I know they had some marriage problems, but that's all I know.

======================

Thanks again in advance for any help. snipped for emphasis

What I find interesting is that Gail didn't say she was scared of Matt to her sister. If she was scared of Matt, why would she hold this information back? She seemed to have told people about the fact that she was being followed and she was scared but not vocal about any reason as to why she was being followed,by whom, or what she was scared of.

I just want to point out that it is a known fact that people suffering from mental disorders and women who have experienced violence often present very similarly on psychological evaluations such as the MMPI-2. This is why the use of these tests is contraindicated when dealing with a family where abuse/coercive control are present or suspected. This is also why evaluators take a detailed family history, because even a trained evaluator can't look at an event like what occurred with GP and her "friends" and make an evaluation based on that alone.

For those friends of MP that have come here to defend him: Everything in me hopes you are right at the end of the day. Crazy is treatable. Dead is not. These poor kids will never be the same after this, but if their mom could be found and helped and their father's name cleared, that would be the best we could hope for for them at this point. And I am praying for that outcome, even though I believe it's more likely that she is a sane woman who did not leave of her own volition.

Do you have a link for this? I would be interested to read more about it.

I don't know if this sighting is valid, but I'm more inclined to DOUBT it, than think it's true. But, in the back of my mind, this information deserves to be stored until, or unless something else develops from it.

JMHO
fran

My question would then be, what motive would the witness have had for coming forward if it were not true? If this were an attention-seeker, it seems to me that she could have had a lot more of it than she got. She even ditched her last name by day 2 after the report surfaced.

What theories do we have for why her report is not valid?

My question would then be, what motive would the witness have had for coming forward if it were not true? If this were an attention-seeker, it seems to me that she could have had a lot more of it than she got. She even ditched her last name by day 2 after the report surfaced.

She may have seen a jeep and a woman matching Gail's description, but it may not have been Gail.

I doubt there are any ill intentions-in any case like this there are sightings every where from people who are absolutely positive that they saw the person and or the vehicle. They may not be able to refer to key elements.. plate, vehicle cover, driver info, facial features...what have you. Few are malicious-people are trying to be helpful.

In the Jody King case, we had dozens of people who saw him and described him down to his ball cap. He shed his clothes when he disappeared, so many people saw him partially dressed some where. In fact, Jody stuffed himself up a drain pipe and died within minutes of last being seen. So they couldnt have seen him. But they were positive that they did.

Make sense?

What I find interesting is that Gail didn't say she was scared of Matt to her sister. If she was scared of Matt, why would she hold this information back? She seemed to have told people about the fact that she was being followed and she was scared but not vocal about any reason as to why she was being followed,by whom, or what she was scared of.

Is it possible she (Diane) didn't see a value in giving that information to a reporter? Maybe considered it breaking a confidence to her sister for no good reason? I'm thinking that LE needed to know but reporters maybe not?

Do we know that Gail did not confide in her sister?

I doubt there are any ill intentions-in any case like this there are sightings every where from people who are absolutely positive that they saw the person and or the vehicle. They may not be able to refer to key elements.. plate, vehicle cover, driver info, facial features...what have you. Few are malicious-people are trying to be helpful.

In the Jody King case, we had dozens of people who saw him and described him down to his ball cap. He shed his clothes when he disappeared, so many people saw him partially dressed some where. In fact, Jody stuffed himself up a drain pipe and died within minutes of last being seen. So they couldnt have seen him. But they were positive that they did.

Make sense?
One person said they saw Laci Peterson right down to being pregnant and walking a dog.

I think family is doing a good job of keeping relevant info in the media, but of also keeping relevant info to themselves. So I think it is fair to say we have no idea what Gail might have confided in her sister. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member