TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So given the 48 hour window and the fact that the Jeep hasnt been found, what is your best guess especially the locals? Where would you dispose of a vehicle...would you drop it off in downtown Chatanooga with the keys in it? I mean really, what would you do???

As for the brother, I believe from looking him up on the net, that he died about 2 years ago. If Gail and AD were friends at that time, I would think AD would have known. I also wondered if maybe the "best friend" thing was a bit exaggerated by AD. She may have felt they were best friends, but Gail just thought of them as casual friends.

All JMO.

:twocents:I believe AD was referring to the "living" brother who currently resides in Florida. She was aware GP had a brother who had passed recently. She was unaware GP had a 2nd brother living in Florida. I hope this clarifies my recent post for you. With regard to your AD "best friend" scenario... May I ask how you came to this conclusion? Did I miss something? :twocents:I would dare say that GP would not have given documents and an audio/video DVR for "safe keeping" with a "casual friend".JMHO

well I do remember one case where many assumed that the wife was guilty based mainly on her behavior before and after her dh's murder. As a matter of fact, she was convicted of poisoning her husband and sentenced to life in prison.
A year or so later, a judge ordered her a new trial based on IAC. Then the charges were suddenly dropped, she was released from jail and she there was no retrial. Authorities realized that her dh wasn't poisoned after all when they reviewed the evidence. If you read the thread, the conversation was certainly polarized and it is par for this type of discussion.

Cynthia Sommer

note to those of you that may still think CS is guilty, please do not bring it here for discussion. :)

So given the 48 hour window and the fact that the Jeep hasnt been found, what is your best guess especially the locals? Where would you dispose of a vehicle...would you drop it off in downtown Chatanooga with the keys in it? I mean really, what would you do???
Well I have a couple thoughts on this.

We were about the first to go public with this story when it was in the Chattanooga paper and that was on May 6. So,imo there was really a full week that this car could have been driven across the US with no one paying it any attention
what
so
ever.
Even after that it was primarily a local story for what? at least another week, maybe more? So even if that car were being driven on this continent on May 12th, no one would have paid it any mind.

So,imo the car would have been relatively easy to hide or move just about anywhere. Gail herself could have driven cross country undetected in that amount of time and for a long time I hoped she had.
Now? not so much.

:twocents:I believe AD was referring to the "living" brother who currently resides in Florida. She was aware GP had a brother who had passed recently. She was unaware GP had a 2nd brother living in Florida. I hope this clarifies my recent post for you. With regard to your AD "best friend" scenario... May I ask how you came to this conclusion? Did I miss something? :twocents:I would dare say that GP would not have given documents and an audio/video DVR for "safe keeping" with a "casual friend".JMHO

I am not speaking for confused, just piggybacking on your post. Several other people were given items, correct? We were trying to sort out their standing in Gail's world as well...

You are right of course JBean. To be more specific, if you were someone involved in this event, would you have called PD anytime prior to being able to adequately dispose of a vehicle? MP called 48 hours, give or take, later. IF he had any knowledge of the disappearance, I would think he must have been re assured that the vehicle was somewhat out of reach at the point, given the fact that he had no idea what LE's reaction would be once he made the report. Just my opinion.

well I do remember one case where many assumed that the wife was guilty based mainly on her behavior before and after her dh's murder. As a matter of fact, she was convicted of poisoning her husband and sentenced to life in prison.
A year or so later, a judge ordered her a new trial based on IAC. Then the charges were suddenly dropped, she was released from jail and she there was no retrial. Authorities realized that her dh wasn't poisoned after all when they reviewed the evidence. If you read the thread, the conversation was certainly polarized and it is par for this type of discussion.

Cynthia Sommer

note to those of you that may still think CS is guilty, please do not bring it here for discussion. :)

quoting myself,but I have to admit, this post in that thread caught my eye:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1286169&postcount=26"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Did Wife Poison Marine Husband to Get Breast Enhancements & a More Luxurious Life?[/ame]

(referring to the part where she opened up her home and life to investigators)

I still think it's somewhere in the woods, under water, or in a storage area/garage close by. Less chance of the third possibility, because the challenge of getting rid of it would still be a problem. Even more so with everybody looking for it.

Driving it around would have been too risky. Even though she wasn't reported missing until Monday, somebody might have remembered seeing it if it were in view over the weekend.

The other possibility would be a chop shop, in which case it probably won't be found at all.

ETA: My leading thought is the chop shop.

Thank you, and yes I am aware of this, and the fact that he is licensed. My intent was to keep the general reader aware that he is not in daily contact with bottles of pills. Just keeping facts clear.

If anything is being done illegally, it doesn't matter if his in his job he isn't in contact with bottles of pills.

In her first job, GP ran a pharmacy at a VA hospital in Alabama, just for informational purposes.

Gail orchestrating her disappearance to make it look like Matt had done something to her-well not only would that take a whole lot of energy, it would mean that her love for her children was non existent.

So the question becomes whether or not anyone who knows her on either side of the fence would believe that Gail would walk away from her children simply to make their father look bad?

I am sceptical but never say never.

I would say she would never do that to them after losing her mother in HS. Never!!! Especially for 53 days!!!

The brother in Florida was Kevin Nowacki, who has been quoted in some media articles about the case. He's listed as living in Palm Springs. He's not dead.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14601268

If there is another brother, I hope someone will let me know.

Edit: I see someone else already brought up the two brothers. Sorry for repeating info, I apparently skipped a page when catching up tonight and didn't realize it.

Her other brother JN passed away in December 2009. He also lived in FL.

I was reviewing notes and I have about a dozen questions still unanswered. I don't think we know answers to any of these, but let me ask a couple just in case:

1. On the change of address form, do we have any info on what it was changed to or whether LE investigated the address it led to? JBean showed us a copy of a blank COA, so we know they have both the former and the new address on them. It would be pretty helpful to know what the alleged new address was. And do we yet know when on the 30th it was filled out, before or after Gail disappeared?

2. The PINs Arlene said she was there for when they were discussed over the speakerphone, are those for the same accounts MP was referring to early on? It sounds like Arlene is saying that MP should have already known those PINs were changed even though he told LE/media that Gail changed them on her own. But maybe she's talking about other accounts, so I wanted to confirm.

imo MP had more than enough money(the money GP with drew out of her 401) to pay someone to follow GP around making her scared and appearing paranoid and delusional. Ultimately ending her life (of course it looks like an accident). I thing GP is right under every ones nose just has not been found yet. I believe he thought she would have been found by now making all the assets and the kids his free and clear.

In a word, arrogance. They think they won't get caught and that if they do get caught, they can get out of it. I completely agree with you.

These guys are "wired" differently from the rest of us. They don't think like most of us do.

Arrogance moves them to do it, and arrogance gets them caught, because they are overly confident and make a mistake because they don't think about being careful.

Alcohol can be a very arrogant and violent companion. I'm sure there may be many people who have never met the inebriated, unhappy, affair minded Matt as closely as Gail....and who undoubtedly was seeing all this pointing to her. kwim?

I may be totally wrong, but I still have the inkling MP really did not want a divorce, just for things to go his way...with silent blessings. IOW...it had come to a point where he knew it wasn't all going to go his way because she had had enough and was going to file. Everything....would come out in court and he would be a big time loser....definitely financially and psychologically--- "not getting his way" and losing that control. IF he didn't harm GP, then the nervousness at the PC was possibly this display of losing control. ???? IMO

imo MP had more than enough money(the money GP with drew out of her 401) to pay someone to follow GP around making her scared and appearing paranoid and delusional. Ultimately ending her life (of course it looks like an accident). I thing GP is right under every ones nose just has not been found yet. I believe he thought she would have been found by now making all the assets and the kids his free and clear.

I think that's a very interesting thought, because at the rate he was reportedly going through money, he surely would have wanted to get his hands on all of hers as soon as possible.

And now he's lost his job. How, I wonder, is he spending his time these days?

I still think it's somewhere in the woods, under water, or in a storage area/garage close by. Less chance of the third possibility, because the challenge of getting rid of it would still be a problem. Even more so with everybody looking for it.

Driving it around would have been too risky. Even though she wasn't reported missing until Monday, somebody might have remembered seeing it if it were in view over the weekend.

The other possibility would be a chop shop, in which case it probably won't be found at all.

Many many moons ago, not too long after we moved here to Chattanooga our 67' Volkswagen Beetle was stolen sometime during the night from our home ..We called the police immediately the next morning when we realized the car was gone .... When they arrived they told us.. "Welcome to Chattanooga and the Tri-State area"... They told us our car was most probably stripped immediately and we would never find it......It never was found...

Not local, but it seems the question of how much cash she would have to sustain her would be important.... unless she had family/friends she could depend on...and dumping the jeep. Hidden in a storage unit or on their property somewhere. Personally, I'm not leaning this way in my thinking, but LE would know if she did access a large amount of cash....and that might change my mind; but I don't LE should or would release that info. I didn't care to hear about her possibly being in possession of $30K of jewelry while people were suppose to be looking for a missing woman. :banghead: Now we know she had given it to the couple in Montgomery. That's the only reason I can possibly believe that LE still classifies her case as a missing investigation (in the press)....and do believe when the press was reporting on her case in the beginning and showed the SMPD dispatcher's screen it had her listed as endangered....as did the local release from the AL LE. If I'm incorrect with that, some please correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani