TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Hi Snow ... If I may ask ...What article(s) are you referring to with regard to a "sighting at Lowe's"?
:waitasec:

WHOA!! Could this be the RUMOR of ACE Hardware (on the mountain), not Lowe's unless something else is out there, but I doubt it.

Did this aerial search take place? I don't recall seeing anything about an aerial search.

I don't think we know if it did or not. We knew it was planned, but so far have no idea if it was ever carried out or not.

What does this mean? Posted yesterday by the same reporter who took the pics of that Jeep.

newsken Ken Nicholson
Good thing I didn't dismiss the #GailPalmgren flyer when we first received it. #CHAnews
about 19 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/newsken/statuses/84355400266285057

Speculation: He means he's glad he had the flyer so he could recognize the Jeep and compare it to the one they found recently.

EDIT: I just realized I missed a page when catching up and didn't see your follow up. I had no idea he thought the police flyer was fabricated. That is so odd.

If there was any truth in the sighting of Gail at Lowes, then maybe she was getting new door locks to change them out since Matt told her he was filing for a legal separation and somebody abducted her at Lowes? Just a thought.

Just an insight into the Chattanooga area: If you research, you will find that Chattanooga and the surrounding area has a high crime rate considering the population. However, the crime is generally located in specific downtown areas and usually involves robberies, shootings and stabbings that are mostly gang/drug or domestic related. As a matter of fact, we have had very high homicide/violent crime rates this year. But, stranger abduction/carjacking crime is very low here. While it is certainly possible that she may have been abducted by a stranger, the probability is very low in this area. IMO.

I honestly doubt they would have announced an aerial search. It could have easily happened without anyone knowing about it since helicopters go over the county all the time.

But you are also correct that unless the Jeep is out in the open somewhere, they aren't going to find it this time of year. Too much foliage.

I may be reading what you said wrong, and if so, I apologize. The plan for the search was announced (link here) but there was no follow up on that as far as we know.

These recent posts from people who know the area are enlightening, but it is a little disheartening that there are so many places to stash that Jeep, especially in the summer. I just have a feeling that nothing real is going to happen with this case until the Jeep or Gail are found. :(

WHOA!! Could this be the RUMOR of ACE Hardware (on the mountain), not Lowe's unless something else is out there, but I doubt it.

You are right it was ACE Hardware. My mistake. Thank you for correcting me.

I may be reading what you said wrong, and if so, I apologize. The plan for the search was announced (link here) but there was no follow up on that as far as we know.

These recent posts from people who know the area are enlightening, but it is a little disheartening that there are so many places to stash that Jeep, especially in the summer. I just have a feeling that nothing real is going to happen with this case until the Jeep or Gail are found. :(

Boy, you hit the nail on the head. Remember the movie Deliverance? It's much like that here. There are areas in the backwoods and the mountains where you could hide a vehicle, even as big and bright as that Jeep and it could possibly not be found for years if ever. Seriously.

Holy guacamole, that's terrible. See, this is part of the reason why I am not all that concerned about Arlene not being given a direct pipeline to LE. If she doesn't realize Gmail is nothing but web based email, then how accurate is her statement that Matt was using tracking devices? And SMM didn't even question that or clarify it, am I correct?

IMHO, I believed that she was referring to GP's gmail account e-mail that was being forwarded to MP, which is relatively easy to set up. It's used a lot for organizations to monitor company e-mail's, too. :twocents:

Just an insight into the Chattanooga area: If you research, you will find that Chattanooga and the surrounding area has a high crime rate considering the population. However, the crime is generally located in specific downtown areas and usually involves robberies, shootings and stabbings that are mostly gang/drug or domestic related. As a matter of fact, we have had very high homicide/violent crime rates this year. But, stranger abduction/carjacking crime is very low here. While it is certainly possible that she may have been abducted by a stranger, the probability is very low in this area. IMO.

I'm somewhat familiar with Chattanooga and the surrounding areas. I use to live in Knoxville and went through Chattanooga quite frequently. You are correct, the crime rate is high in the area. I just want Gail found. This whole case has brought back so many bad memories for me when I lived in TN and I hope and pray she never went through half of what I did for three years. Thoughts and prayers for Gail.

One of the first things I did when I filed for a divorce from my now ex-husband was to change the door locks out and I also had ADT come in and upgrade the security system.

I am very suspicious that the text AD received came from LE. First of all, do the police routinely text someone in an important matter, such as this? If a member of LE believes that a person is interfering in an investigation to the point of loosely threatening to have them arrested, would they text that? I would think that their first choice would be a face to face meeting and if the person was not available for that, they would call, at least. I imagine they would want to properly identify themselves and make their point very clear. I believe even if they didn't get an answer, they would leave a message and ask for a call back. I am pretty sure that if AD received a VM message asking her to call LE, she would do that very quickly. I have also seen many "anonymous" people out there with fake profiles and let's just say, sensitive to the innocence of MP, making very harsh and threatening statements online directed at AD and others in the community that are asking questions and trying to help. In my opinion, it is more likely one of these persons sent that text. Has a member of LE admitted to sending that text?

***According to the previous post by Sleuthy1 she spoke to AD about this(or she was there with AD when the text and the call came in). She stated that the text was immediately followed up by a phone call from the same detective-saying the same thing that the text had said. The post is #636 on the last thread****Sorry I see that this point has been explained and cleared up in posts above.

Holy guacamole, that's terrible. See, this is part of the reason why I am not all that concerned about Arlene not being given a direct pipeline to LE. If she doesn't realize Gmail is nothing but web based email, then how accurate is her statement that Matt was using tracking devices? And SMM didn't even question that or clarify it, am I correct?

I can't tell you how much I loved that. Gmail as spyware techology. As SMM would say - Mother of God!

In SMM's follow-up blog post she put there were "various spyware applications on cell and her own personal computer".

Arlene never said there was anything at all on the phone, and just Gmail about the computer. For the phone, Arlene said Gail told her Matt reviewed her text messages each night.

SMM gives the words drama and exaggeration whole new meanings. When a person gets dramatic and hysterical and exaggerates wildly, it only makes me doubt that anything they're saying is true.

Arlene has strong credibility in my eyes, because of the number of things she's said that have been corroborated by other stories.

SMM's credibility is shot in my book.

My opinion.

snipped...

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not upset about it because LE took some stuff from her, just not all. Also, we don't know what she has, it may not be pertinent. And we don't really know the extent of this "ignoring" of AD. She wants LE to stay in touch with her and believe everything she says, but hasn't said a thing as far as I know about LE talking to family. IMVHO, the family should come first before friends, and since we know Diane already said LE told her they couldn't say anything because it might compromise the case, well the same goes for Arlene whether she likes it or not.

It's possible that LE is really dropping the ball on this, but it's also possible that LE knows what it's doing. We don't have enough info to really judge.

Just me, but 50+ days until a search of the properties----especially after there was a pending divorce and multiple DV calls in the past two weeks before she went missing is enough info for raised eyebrows. jmo

I finally got the text format timeline done. The text export from the mindmap takes a lot of re-formatting, so I only included February, March, and April. I'm not going to be updating the text timeline very often, because it's just too labor intensive. So please use the mindmap format timeline for the most recently updated version, and the other time periods.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/gail-palmgren-timeline/

Originally Posted by glorias
"Holy guacamole, that's terrible. See, this is part of the reason why I am not all that concerned about Arlene not being given a direct pipeline to LE. If she doesn't realize Gmail is nothing but web based email, then how accurate is her statement that Matt was using tracking devices? And SMM didn't even question that or clarify it, am I correct?"

(and in reponse: )
IMHO, I believed that she was referring to GP's gmail account e-mail that was being forwarded to MP, which is relatively easy to set up. It's used a lot for organizations to monitor company e-mail's, too. :twocents:

My answer would be "yes" and "yes."

My patience with the transcription process has run dry, and so I have to stop with that now, but my impression from the complete exchange was that Arlene did NOT know that gmail is not part of the monitoring technology (which was the original question), but that she DID understand the concept of the monitoring, that the e-mails and computer activity were all being funneled to Matt.

And no, SMM didn't help out any with that. She, IMO, had her own agenda.

I'm trying to find a timeframe for when Gail told Arlene she was being followed, and gave her a license tag number.

If anyone has come across that, and could give me any info to point to it so I can look it up, I'd appreciate it.

Also, has anyone seen anything on whether that tag # was run by LE to see who it was? Is that the only tag # Gail gave anyone? IIRC, Matt referred to multiple tag #s. Did she give any tag #s to Matt?

TIA

Arlene has strong credibility in my eyes, because of the number of things she's said that have been corroborated by other stories.

SMM's credibility is shot in my book.

I think Arlene is very credible as well. I also think she's being used, and that makes me angry.

Throughout the program, it seemed to me that Arlene was being used as a tool, asked questions that were carefully structured to connect specific dots for SMM, and at times asked for information she'd have no reason to know. Such as what the technology was. What difference does it make? Arlene knew what it DOES.

Besides funneling Arlene where she wanted her to go, SMM consistently played her like a remote control, IMO, asking her a question, stopping her in mid-answer after she got what she was trying to extract, and then re-directing to another member of the panel. SMM's rants, however, were uninterrupted monologues.

The whole hour was punctuated with SMM's variations of "you poor dear," to validate Arlene and keep her on SMM's set path IMO, which I found a bit :puke:

I think Arlene is very credible, however, when left to tell her story in her own way and in the most appropriate forums. Which would probably take MSM out of the loop.

I think Arlene will LOSE credibility if tactics do not change. The gmail comment in itself does that a little bit, although Arlene's knowledge of particular spyware programs or email accounts seems irrelevant to me.

Doing more research, but here is what I have so far...please remember that AD is not an "internet techy", so she may have used the wrong name for the software in her interview. Gail had an aol.com email account
http://www.email-spy-software.org/gmail-spy-software.html

BBM
<snip>Gmail Spy software
Gmail Spy Software >> Gmail Spy software
Currently all the email spy software can only record yahoo mail or aol web mails both sides. But for Gmail, none of them can record both outgoing and incoming emails for Gmail. Part of them can record outgoing email for gmail like a Keystroke logger.
For Gmail Spy Software, it is difficult to get the outgoing emails as gmail from google has great security protection. Gmail is safer than any other web mail service.<snip>

I've lived in Chattanooga all my life ~ was born and raised here, and it's a great place.

And when people say there is a high crime rate, that is true, but it is also true for most cities of over 100,000 people all over the country, no matter where you are.

It's easy to blame crime on downtown gang violence or low-income people or hillbillies in the deep dark woods, and I guess that's to be expected.

However, crime statistics also include suburban domestic violence, and if anyone reads the booking reports on the Chattanoogan you will see lots of those.

The divorce rate is also high, and many people get restraining orders against their nearest and dearest.

And those things happen all over town and in some of the best parts of town regardless of income, education, hillbilly-ness, state of origin, or whatever.

And just because someone disappeared under bizarre circumstances in the middle of a sunny Saturday doesn't necessarily mean there is danger lurking around every corner. GP is someone who was having problems in her life before she disappeared, and I'm glad the police are still working the case from that angle instead of assuming that all danger comes from some outside source.

Sorry, I just felt I had to say that. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member