TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perplexed as to why so many here seem to believe that Holly is dead. There is no body, no physical evidence to show that something horrific happened to her, nothing that I can see that would immediately make me jump to the worst possible case scenario. I don't think LE in this case is thinking she's dead either, fwiw. You don't need to put out a call for every able body in the county to search for a body, or catch a murderer. In my opinion, you'd only do that if time is of the essence and you need alot of people to help you cover ground more quickly. I also seriously doubt that Holly's family would be "hopeful" about anything if they had any reason what so ever to believe she were already dead.

I know many of us become cynical when time after time in these cases, the worst turns out to be true. But I really believe this might be one of the rare case where we get a happy ending.

JMO

It'll be 2 weeks and there's been no evidence at all that we are aware of that she's alive. Statistics tell us the odds are way against us.

I hope for the best but it's been a long time.

have a good night all.

...snipped and bolded by me...

I think the TBI Media Release is very clear about the terms of the reward:

"Late last night, District Attorney General Hansel McAdams of the 24th Judicial District requested the Governor offer the reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly."

This is the official release from Monday, April 18th:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

thanks for finding that!

noticing it also says: the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly

perhaps the other $20K award has the different terms - the rescue and return of Holly Bobo - that news articles mention.

It's hard to say MSSB, we know almost nothing about her, don't even know if she had a pt job, so I wouldn't even try to speculate on that. Anything is possible, well maybe not bigfoot, but then again....

I am not prepared to rule out Bigfoot until his whereabouts have been accounted for. :crazy:

I'm perplexed as to why so many here seem to believe that Holly is dead. There is no body, no physical evidence to show that something horrific happened to her, nothing that I can see that would immediately make me jump to the worst possible case scenario. I don't think LE in this case is thinking she's dead either, fwiw. You don't need to put out a call for every able body in the county to search for a body, or catch a murderer. In my opinion, you'd only do that if time is of the essence and you need alot of people to help you cover ground more quickly. I also seriously doubt that Holly's family would be "hopeful" about anything if they had any reason what so ever to believe she were already dead.

I know many of us become cynical when time after time in these cases, the worst turns out to be true. But I really believe this might be one of the rare case where we get a happy ending.

JMO

I think- first of all- thats the way these usually end, sad to say and
then there is the amount of time she has been missing.
It just dosent seem like a good outcome.

I hope we get a happy ending here but if she is not with the person that took her i think she is dead. JMO

One more thing ,a family never gives up hope!

Lawdy, been doing some speed reading to catch up on today's posts. Thanks for the side room discussion; allowing a time limited discussion was an appreciated gesture.
Looks like things may be beginning to shake loose; I continue to hold hope that Holly is alive and will be found soon. Thanks for those that shared the news and TBI posts with this thread. Thanks for the locals for sharing your information and thoughts while at the same time maintaining appropriate confidentiality. My hopes for resolution soon is renewed.
Off to relax and watch some TV for now but will check in later. Everyone enjoy your evening and those dealing with the storms.... stay safe.

Quick question... Why is everybody inclined to believe that we are looking for a male suspect? Because the majority of cases solved have been male or is there something else? Who is to say that we aren't dealing with some jealous angry girls? ETA.. We don't have a description of anything other than Tall and clothed in Camo... right?

BBM That and she was seen being led away by a man.

JMO

I guess I may be considered a pessimist and don't mean to offend anybody with my thinking. I just believe that this person isn't planning on hanging onto her. It would have to be either a game or somebody who believes he can get away with keeping her. I would think that this person would realize that he would need to get rid of her and any evidence to return to his life. But we can never know what somebody like this is thinking. Just like the case of the guy keeping Sarah Maynard in his basement until LE showed up on his doorstep. This would be the best case scenario in this case.

Hey everyone! I've been on Websleuths for awhile, but rarely post. I've been following Holly's case from the beginning. Just wanted to let anyone who has access to Nashville local channels that News Channel 5 Plus will be covering Holly's case starting at 7pm. (Sorry if someone already posted this and I missed it.)

**Does anyone know what channel News Channel 5 plus is? I can't seem to find it.

JMO

It's been two weeks already. Statistically speaking, The longer a person is missing the less likely they are alive.

I think at first, they may have several people they might have suspicions about, therefore, 'persons of interest'.

As the case goes on and the list is narrowed, it might become a "person of interest'.

Or in the case of multiple perps, it could remain, 'persons of interest'.

JMT

Sometimes I just have a large amount of intuition, never thought Im psychic or anything. BUT I have strong intuition it is 2 or 3 (mod snip) that are pretty young. I hope Im right because I hope they would not yet have the killer mentality, just confused about what to do now that they are this deep into it. Praying this is the outcome. Riding around town at night playing drama games. With the video games and movies these kids grow up on, NO TELLING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81