TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
greengreen -

any impression regarding the direction that Holly was forced to the woods towards?

would it be towards the lake? (south - well, if the aerial is actually oriented that way...)

or towards the road. (east)

or otherwise?

Don't mind if I chime in with a thought...

We have always heard that she was walked "Into the woods." If the perp would guide her east, away from the front of the house, parallel to the driveway, you would think they would call it "toward the street (Swan Johnson Rd.)." Even if there was thick vegetation, you would assume that the perp was making the .04 mile walk to a vehicle waiting on the road.

We have always been told "into the woods." I'm not sure if LE would need to bring in dogs to try to track her the four tenths of a mile to the street. All of this may point to the thought that they exited the western side of the property, toward the dense vegetation that goes on for square miles.

Just my opinion.

Green green my DIL describes it as a garage without a door.....other LE referred to it as a carport.....but that's where Holly's car was parked, I won't comment on the blood evidence.

Ok thank you for the clarification. I will ask again today and see what I can find out here about it. All that has ever been said here is that the area we are talking about was enclosed and no one longer parked inside it. I'll see what I ca find out. I'm sure your DIL is correct because she was there. Maybe there is another area in question that has been enclosed?

I have not heard the report that said the Sheriff believes he was waiting at her car so I can't comment on that. I am not sure where they parked currently. Only that the area referred to as the carport had been enclosed and was actually no longer the carport. IMO, I am going to believe the carport thing was not correct reporting since it is no longer being used. Now all we have is she was being led into the woods for fear of her life.

Thanks, greengreen. This is the article I was referring to about the sheriff:

Sheriff Roy Wyatt said the abductor likely knew her schedule and was waiting by her car.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html
WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

The first use of "carport" was from the TBI in their first media release on April 13. Of course, that same media release says "drug" across, so I dunno.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.pdf

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport

Thanks, greengreen. This is the article I was referring to about the sheriff:

Sheriff Roy Wyatt said the abductor likely knew her schedule and was waiting by her car.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html
WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

The first use of "carport" was from the TBI in their first media release on April 13. Of course, that same media release says "drug" across, so I dunno.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.pdf

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport

Which direction is the opening of the carport? Could the brother have actually seen inside the carport from the house?

The reason I am asking that is because most carports here are opened so that the opening faces the road. I don't see how the brother could have seen her in the carport from inside the house if that is the case.

Green green my DIL describes it as a garage without a door.....other LE referred to it as a carport.....but that's where Holly's car was parked, I won't comment on the blood evidence.

Do you mean that Holly's car was inside the doorless garage? That makes sense to me as the point of encounter. I envision Holly and the perp as being (having their feet planted) on the driveway outside when Clint saw them though, rather than inside the doorless garage.

Please ask your DIL to put a big red 'X' on Carla's picture for me for where Holly's and the perp's feet were. lol :angel:

I have not heard the report that said the Sheriff believes he was waiting at her car so I can't comment on that. I am not sure where they parked currently. Only that the area referred to as the carport had been enclosed and was actually no longer the carport. IMO, I am going to believe the carport thing was not correct reporting since it is no longer being used. Now all we have is she was being led into the woods for fear of her life.

I also heard that one because i remember someone asking if maybe he was waiting in her car? But like everything else, its just another story to add to the book! JMO

I wonder who came up with the " In fear for her life" statement? Obviously not her brother if he thought she was with the BF right? Nothing must have looked amiss to him.

Don't mind if I chime in with a thought...

We have always heard that she was walked "Into the woods." If the perp would guide her east, away from the front of the house, parallel to the driveway, you would think they would call it "toward the street (Swan Johnson Rd.)." Even if there was thick vegetation, you would assume that the perp was making the .04 mile walk to a vehicle waiting on the road.

We have always been told "into the woods." I'm not sure if LE would need to bring in dogs to try to track her the four tenths of a mile to the street. All of this may point to the thought that they exited the western side of the property, toward the dense vegetation that goes on for square miles.

Just my opinion.

I've always seen "across the carport, towards the woods", rather than "walked into the woods" or "into the woods". :(

Do you mean that Holly's car was inside the doorless garage? That makes sense to me as the point of encounter. I envision Holly and the perp as being (having their feet planted) on the driveway outside when Clint saw them though, rather than inside the doorless garage.

Please ask your DIL to put a big red 'X' on Carla's picture for me for where Holly's and the perp's feet were. lol :angel:

I cannot ask my DIL any questions...the case is off limits....the few tidbits I got out of her the first day is all I have. I don't know if Holly's car was in the carport or parked in front of it...I cannot ask for clarification...sorry.

I have read about the doorless garage but I don't see that in the photo. If the previous garage area has been enclosed as a living space, then it would most likely NOT be called the carport or garage anymore.

We feel fairly certain that what caused CB alarm was when he noticed his sister's car was still there and went out and saw blood near the garage or carport. I'm just curious as to what area that is. At first I thought it was a standard garage attached to the home....then we read it was a detached garage without doors, which leads to it often being referred to as the "Carport."

I wonder where that area is in relation to the main house?

I cannot ask my DIL any questions...the case is off limits....the few tidbits I got out of her the first day is all I have. I don't know if Holly's car was in the carport or parked in front of it...I cannot ask for clarification...sorry.

Oh please don't take me seriously. I was just expressing my frustration at the dearth of info available in this case which is inhibiting my obsessive timeline creation.

Has anyone tried to search the property assessor maps? Some Cities and Counties actually have pretty good maps and floor plans of the properties. :)

greengreen, I live in a small town of 5500 people. I know how tight knit communities operate. I know you have mentioned how quiet it has been there for a few days among the locals....but is there any pressure being applied to certain persons or families who may have refused to have their properties searched?
"Pressure" can come in lots of ways....but in small communities it often is applied as shunning.
Do you have any sense of that?

I've always seen "across the carport, towards the woods", rather than "walked into the woods" or "into the woods". :(

This is a good recap of the myths / facts and corrections up to the 20th. "Helm told FoxNews.com that Clint initially told investigators that at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, he saw his sister being led into the woods by a man he assumed was her boyfriend." Read the complete recap here. Then again, the reporters are very often incorrect.

Ok, since it's raining and I am bored, I made you some pictures of the treeline behind my house so you could see how dense the brush can be right now in TN. During the winter, you can see the building behind my house and to the ground on the brushline.

Attachments

• 100_0418.jpg
    100_0418.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_0420.jpg
    100_0420.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0421.jpg
    100_0421.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 55
I hope that helps a little, to at least show how dense the brush is here already. Editing to add that I am in the middle of a town, and there are commercial buildings just past that brush, it's less than 50 ft. You can't see them very well at all this time of year.

The property assessors map shows the same google earth image we've been seeing.

I checked on terraserver, an imagery website, and the last widely available satellite image that has decent resolution is from 2008.

Carla's picture looks like it is an aerial assessor's image snapped by a plane, but I have no idea bout the date. There are many differences between the 08 image and Carla's image. A major one is that in 2008, they had a clear cut area leading from the house to the body of water south of the house, except for one tree. In Carla's you can see that the area south of the carport is now obstructed by dense vegetation.

Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member