TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that helps a little, to at least show how dense the brush is here already. Editing to add that I am in the middle of a town, and there are commercial buildings just past that brush, it's less than 50 ft. You can't see them very well at all this time of year.

Mother Nature is amazing. Thanks scout!

The fact that we have so little hard data makes it difficult to narrow down the possibilties. This much seems to be true, however:

A - Clint sees his sister outside with another person
B - Neighbor hears scream

In what direction was Holly being led? How much time elapsed between A and B? If we had this information, we could tell approximately how far from the house Holly had traveled. And in which direction. And then, perhaps, it might tell us about where the abductor parked his vehicle. (This is an assumption: that the scream occurred when they had reached the vehicle, when Holly knew she was about to be taken from the area, and right before she was bound and gagged. This is just an assumption, though.)

A question: If the perpetrator had a standard vehicle, did he have to park it on a main road? Or did there exist places just off the road where he could have parked to conceal his vehicle? More Qs without As at this point, I guess . . .

Probably a really stupid question, but, ... they have searched the water close to her home, correct?

And, if someone was kind enough to post the map in this case once again.

TY!

This is a good recap of the myths / facts and corrections up to the 20th. "Helm told FoxNews.com that Clint initially told investigators that at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, he saw his sister being led into the woods by a man he assumed was her boyfriend." Read the complete recap here. Then again, the reporters are very often incorrect.

Thanks, but I make it a point not to read that (or any) paid blog.

Thanks, but I make it a point not to read that (or any) paid blog.

I agree i think we need t go back and just look at video of LE actually speaking and what they say. We need to see lips moving here not whats typed out for some reporter. JMO it would make things alot easier!

LE reports to 911 calls... one from Clint and one from an unidentified woman who heard screams.

I believe (posted here but way back) there is a video with an interview with a neighbor who said she heard screams and called 911. I assume it is the same person although no official connection or confirmation was made.

My opinion is that Holly screamed at some point AWAY from her house and closer to a neighbor's house, hence the second 911 call. I think she was led away on her own, and at some point was put into a car/taken out of a car/bound or taped, etc and thats when the scream happened. The suspect whisked her away from her house quickly and at some point stopped to do something and thast when she screamed.

Thanks for the photo Carla! Where in relation are the neighbors located? I think the screams, if they can do any sort of projection, would help maybe point a direction they were going in the woods.
I think the screaming must have been more than "a scream" and must have had a note to them that made the neighbor take immediate notice. We live in a rural area, there are girls who live across a field and they are always screeching/screaming about something. I think the neighbor knew this was real.
Praying again...

When in doubt Google it.... Here is a photo of Holly's House, you can see the "carport" in question. I'm not sure if it helps much, but it helped understand it better in my mind.

mediaManager

It appears that all of the neighbors are to the south of the Bobo home.

Thanks for the photo Carla! Where in relation are the neighbors located? I think the screams, if they can do any sort of projection, would help maybe point a direction they were going in the woods.
I think the screaming must have been more than "a scream" and must have had a note to them that made the neighbor take immediate notice. We live in a rural area, there are girls who live across a field and they are always screeching/screaming about something. I think the neighbor knew this was real.
Praying again...

Here ya go!

it shows where the neighbors are!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....679217,-88.175486&spn=0.006571,0.016394&z=17

Ok, might be totally wrong here, but on that aerial photo with the car parked around back... Have they covered that parking area since the photo was taken? The reason I ask is that the enclosed garage in the above pic is not in any way what "we" southerners down here would call a carport. To me, that is the enclosed former garage. Lots of people do that to ranchers here, to add a bedroom or rec room space. I am wondering if they have an actual carport out back, now. I don't know if it's like this everywhere else, but here a carport is open on all sides with a roof. It's not something like a garage, with walls that you could close in. Carports are usually on the back or side of the house.

Lurker's first post alert! :confused:

Just a thought......in looking at the aerial view I wonder if the carport is not on the back of the house, just in front of the white vehicle. The roof line looks like it could've been added at some point - perhaps when the front was enclosed.

Our house had the original carport enclosed and we no longer refer to it as such - it is now "the den". At the same time this was done, a new carport was added. This structure was attached to the house, had walls - but no garage door so the front was open. Later we had it modified, added a door so the "carport" became the "garage".

Since the "carport" has been mentioned so many times in the news I think one must exist and think it may be in the back.

Hope I have done this correctly! This is certainly just my opinion!

Ok, might be totally wrong here, but on that aerial photo with the car parked around back... Have they covered that parking area since the photo was taken? The reason I ask is that the enclosed garage in the above pic is not in any way what "we" southerners down here would call a carport. To me, that is the enclosed former garage. Lots of people do that to ranchers here, to add a bedroom or rec room space. I am wondering if they have an actual carport out back, now. I don't know if it's like this everywhere else, but here a carport is open on all sides with a roof. It's not something like a garage, with walls that you could close in. Carports are usually on the back or side of the house.

I think you are correct...that picture shows a converted garage or carport that has been enclosed to add living space to the home......I don't believe it to be the carport in question.

I agree i think we need t go back and just look at video of LE actually speaking and what they say. We need to see lips moving here not whats typed out for some reporter. JMO it would make things alot easier!

I have. I haven't found video or quotes of LE saying into the woods. Here's one of the LE quotes when Mehr was correcting the "dragged/drug":

Officials previously said her brother alerted authorities after he saw her “dragged away” from the home by a man he didn’t know.

“Right now we’re saying walked away,” said John Mehr, TBI special agent in charge.

http://www.ctpost.com/default/article/News-briefs-from-around-Tennessee-at-3-58-p-m-EDT-1337547.php

Lurker's first post alert! :confused:

Just a thought......in looking at the aerial view I wonder if the carport is not on the back of the house, just in front of the white vehicle. The roof line looks like it could've been added at some point - perhaps when the front was enclosed.

Our house had the original carport enclosed and we no longer refer to it as such - it is now "the den". At the same time this was done, a new carport was added. This structure was attached to the house, had walls - but no garage door so the front was open. Later we had it modified, added a door so the "carport" became the "garage".

Since the "carport" has been mentioned so many times in the news I think one must exist and think it may be in the back.

Hope I have done this correctly! This is certainly just my opinion!

YES! excactly! And Welcome to WS!

I'm thinking the scream carried across the water to the neighbor's.

He either bound and gagged her there - perhaps where a vehicle was in wait - or, the scream was the end, and the rest is an effort in body disposal.

Still too difficult to think about for me, frankly.

But the original LE request for help with ATV information haunts me.

JMHO.

That's what I consider a 'carport', too.

That's what I call a carport as well...my DIL called it a garage without a door....but LE was calling it a carport.....if it was a carport, it was not the traditional carport, it was enclosed on three sides.

400 enrolled in the nursing program alone at that campus...per campus website.

http://www.utm.edu/departments/caas/nursing/

13% enrolled in nursing are now men.

http://www.minoritynurse.com/men-nursing/men-nursing

13% of 400 is 52.

:dunno:

math comforts me. :crazy:
a little.

I usually just lurk but since I am from west TN (a county or two removed from Holly though), I can tell you a bit more about her schooling.

The stats above that refer to UTM are NOT applicable to Holly. She did take classes in the phycial building of a satellite campus of the University of TN at Martin (building in Parsons) but she was actually enrolled in one of our 1 year tech LPN courses.

Gooch Hall is actually a building on the Martin campus. While my degree is not in nursing, I do have both a bachelor's and a master's from UTM.

Our university system is confusing in the best of times. In days of yore, our 4-year college at Martin which even offers graduate degrees was known as the Martin "branch" with the main campus being at Knoxville. Finally we outgrew the step-child stigma (as did UT Chattanooga) and began being called UT with the "at" designating the locale. From those campuses we have satellite campuses (not distant learning but actual buildings) such as the Parsons one where classes are conducted in the area. There are several of these in the three grand divisions of the state. We also often have night classes for adults held in high schools which are not to be confused with the dual-credit courses offered in the high schools.

Many young people like Holly begin with that 1-year LPN certification at the tech school level and then progress to the BSN/RN program on campus at UTM. Not saying that's what she plans but it is possible.

I don't know exactly where to locate the link that shares that she was in the LPN program but those of you who are more computer savvy will know how. It's in the same article where the boyfriend's grandmother is quoted. There is also a confusing statement out there where a UTM person says something to the effect of she attended school at the UTM Parsons campus, but she wasn't enrolled. That sounds unlikely until you understand that the tech school uses the physical UTM building as its location of classes. Tuition and coursework, however, would have been filtered through the tech school and not UTM. Thus, she would not appear an an enrolled student at UTM. Hope this helps you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon