TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only further description I've seen is a video interview of the sheriff where the reporter asks if the perp was in camo, and the sheriff replies, "yes, full camo". So that word "full" is the only descriptor I've seen/heard.

I'm thinking shirt, jacket, pants, boots, and gloves are pretty much a given, and then on his head, probably a hat, jacket hood, and/or ski mask. He probably did not wear a helmet, and he may have painted part or all of his face if he wasn't wearing a ski mask.

Since there was no hair description at all, I'm assuming he had on a hood, or a hat that fully covered his hair.
Since he was described as "white", I'm assuming he did not have on gloves, or did not have a ski mask or a fully painted face - some part of his skin that could be seen from the back had to be uncovered.

It's such a generic description of this guy. :(
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
I can't wrap my brain around the FBI poster that says 5'8"- 6' 200lbs
If someone was 5'8" and 200lbs, he would be obese! even at 6'-he'd be overweight

....I doubt that TBI is holding back information because some POI is wealthy or has power in the community. More like they don't want to tip the person off that they are on to him, .....

respectfully snipped...

I agree 100%, TXLady2. And that's exactly what I was trying to say in my earlier post,..but for some reason I couldn't get it to come out as plainly as you just said it. Thanks! :)

I just found an MSM source for that. An article I haven't seen before, containing a lot of Will Nunley's tweets. It's from WYCD radio:

Update 4/15/11 at 4:10 pm: Source: Victim appeared to be ‘led’ into the woods, by a man wearing full ‘Turkey Camo.’

http://wycd.radio.com/2011/04/19/co...ns-20-year-old-cousin-abducted/#ixzz1LEabmx78

Okay. What the heck is turkey camo?

I have no clue.....the only hunting I do is in the meat case at the grocery store

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
I can't wrap my brain around the FBI poster that says 5'8"- 6' 200lbs
If someone was 5'8" and 200lbs, he would be obese! even at 6'-he'd be overweight

I don't think being 6 foot and weighing 200 pounds is that bad myself. Please consider your audience. And does it really matter whether or not the person was overweight? Regardless, he took her.

I just found an MSM source for that. An article I haven't seen before, containing a lot of Will Nunley's tweets. It's from WYCD radio:

Update 4/15/11 at 4:10 pm: Source: Victim appeared to be ‘led’ into the woods, by a man wearing full ‘Turkey Camo.’

http://wycd.radio.com/2011/04/19/co...ns-20-year-old-cousin-abducted/#ixzz1LEabmx78

Okay. What the heck is turkey camo?

Turkey camo is usually referencing the weight of the camo. Obviously this pattern would have more green in it because of the season. There is also a type of turkey camo that has cut type places all over it (for lack of a better description) and it mimics the leaves blowing. It's usually windy here around this time.

I think turkey camo is a certain blend of colors in the camo fabric.

I just google image'd it and didn't copy it over - because the best examples of "Turkey Camo" have dead turkeys in them.....ick.

I don't think being 6 foot and weighing 200 pounds is that bad myself. Please consider your audience. And does it really matter whether or not the person was overweight? Regardless, he took her.

Personally, I think it matters quite a bit whether or not he's obese. That information helps point people toward who he may be, which in turn inspires them to call in tips, which in turn helps LE find out what happened to Holly and where she is.

What I'm thinking today:

What is going on here? Is the manner this investigation is being handled good or bad? What happened to Holly?

This is all my opinion and mostly just me trying to evaluate what has happened against the potentialities.

Theory 1:
Known community member that is difficult to get at(legally) has abducted Holly and has her at his disposal.

-- I just can't imagine this as being possible. The amount of heat that would come down if we ever found out they didnt try to rescue her in this cirucumstance is unfathomable.

Theory 2: Someone took her and is running with her. LE thinks she is still alive, or could be.

-- In this scenario there would be no conceivable reason for LE not to put this info out so every pair of eyes in the nation is looking for her. If they think he's in deep woods its even better to tell everyone (he isnt likely getting the news) and bring in all the help you can to search (nat'l guard, army rangers, navy seals, I dont care Im sure lots of professionals would help). The debunk for this is that it would potentially put Holly at risk. A reasonable assessment is she is already at huge risk, better to tell!

Theory 3: LE has a POI, has no idea about Holly. Have seen POI for a long time and been watching him with no clue from his behavior leading them to Holly.

--As long as this has been going on, this scenario doesn't look good for Holly. Every time I can think of where LE had a POI to go after they did. Even if they are wrong or have thin evidence they hound that person looking for cracks in the case. Even if the person has legal council they bring something to bear on him because any sort of public scrutiny puts pressure on the subject. The subject cant just say "Ill say nothing" because it looks suspicious. Usually (even with their lawyer) they are going to talk enough to try to show thier innocence and possibly give something away in their story or their demeanor that gives LE more leverage. I dont know that this behavior is ethical, but I know LE does it.

Theory 4:
LE had some clues, they ran them down and thought they were making progress, but they are left with nothing useful. They are following up all potential leads, but nothing is panning out.

-- This is what the facts in the case are pointing to. I know I hear people "rumor" that this isn't it but no one even the people supposedly with more info is giving any info that doesnt fit into the above theories which seem very implausible.

Theory 5:
LE has used antiquated techniques to manage this case allowed it to run cold. The locals are all very mum because they've heard from LE this is important, they are loyal good citizens and will do anything to help Holly if they believe its the right thing to do. Holly is lost and who knows how long until we find out a little more of what happened to her.

--My choice is a combination of 4 & 5.

This breaks my heart. I really want the fairytale story where she is found alive, nothing terribly bad happened to her and we all get to rejoice. I even settle for a slightly more realistic tale that says she is found alive, she is traumatised, but re-united with her family.

I try to believe it, but believing doesnt make it so! I guess all I got is "believe"... thinking positive isnt hurting anything.

I'm just saying that if someone is 5'8" and 200lbs, people should be looking for a stocky male as opposed to a slender male.... sorry if i offended anyone-that was not my intention

I think 6' tall and 200 lbs could mean different things. Muscle weighs more than fat so if he works out, etc., then that could be muscle mass/bulk.

Personally, I think it matters quite a bit whether or not he's obese. That information helps point people toward who he may be, which in turn inspires them to call in tips, which in turn helps LE find out what happened to Holly and where she is.

After today I have decided I am not going to be able to post anymore. I hope I have helped with giving local insight but at this point it's just talking about LE and lack of info. It's not our place to know this information. They never asked us to look for a particular person. They asked us to look for someone excessively cleaning a vehicle/atv, possibly selling one, or acting nervous. I think LE knows who did it and they are collecting evidence. Again, that's IMO, but I live here and I can see what is happening around me FWIW.

Well the idea of camouflage is to hide your shape and outline so its really hard to say. I am very thin (120 lbs) but if you put me in a lot of that stuff because it is bulky I would look like the michilin man

After today I have decided I am not going to be able to post anymore. I hope I have helped with giving local insight but at this point it's just talking about LE and lack of info. It's not our place to know this information. They never asked us to look for a particular person. They asked us to look for someone excessively cleaning a vehicle/atv, possibly selling one, or acting nervous. I think LE knows who did it and they are collecting evidence. Again, that's IMO, but I live here and I can see what is happening around me FWIW.

Thank you and please come back if you feel the need or have something to share. Its always appreciated.

Thank you for sharing with us greengreen... I hope you'll be back,as your postings are the most helpful to read. I'm still praying that Holly is returned to her family safe.

I think 6' tall and 200 lbs could mean different things. Muscle weighs more than fat so if he works out, etc., then that could be muscle mass/bulk.

A relative of mine is 6'1" 225 pounds with a 32" waist. By the definition here he'd be fat yet he doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body.

Not everyone is pencil thin, athletes will always have bodies considered "obese" by standard BMI.

The question I'd really love to have answered is what time did the parents leave the house that morning and at what time did the first 911 call come in?

I wonder about the height and weight of the boyfriend, for comparison purposes only.

Or was the brother's glance satisfied by the mere sight of the "camo" making him think "boyfriend" and only later did he try to recall the actual proportions of the male?

I'm just saying that if someone is 5'8" and 200lbs, people should be looking for a stocky male as opposed to a slender male.... sorry if i offended anyone-that was not my intention

After googling about a half dozen weight and height charts.....a man at 6 feet tall and 200 pounds would be a BIT above average but no where NEAR being labeled obese. Any man who is physically active and into outdoor interests might very well be more muscular and therefore weigh more due to muscle mass.
The weight given in such descriptions is simply a guideline....meant to indicate that this person was of a sturdy build as opposed to thin or slightly built. MANY college athletes in sports like baseball and basketball weigh easily 200 or even more.....and I would doubt that anyone would call them obese!

Sometimes it is best to take a description as a general guess----because that's what it is. It is dependent upon the perception of one viewer and then it is often generalized from there by other officials as they complete their reports.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member