TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they were given reason to believe that the situation would become worse by them speaking out, they are doing what is best based on the information they have. And no one knows what they would do in that exact situation because we don't know what is going on "behind closed doors".

I agree greengreen. Sadly, we don't know what is going on behind closed doors nor what LE knows, but I have reason to believe they are doing the right thing in this situation and case. I have full faith that they know the who but are desperately trying to find Holly.

Thank you for your insight....I have appreciated all that you have shared.

As far as the description info. I do think it would be useful combined with an outline sketch of what CB saw that day. I think his impressions, even scant as they may be might be useful.

Does it mean anything that we haven't even been given a cursory sketch? I guess if it was too general it might point to a million people, but if there were anything like customizations that could be pinpointed it would be good info ( how the belt was worn, what kind of hat if any, specific attachments/pockets, color of boots, body type impression, etc).

After today I have decided I am not going to be able to post anymore. I hope I have helped with giving local insight but at this point it's just talking about LE and lack of info. It's not our place to know this information. They never asked us to look for a particular person. They asked us to look for someone excessively cleaning a vehicle/atv, possibly selling one, or acting nervous. I think LE knows who did it and they are collecting evidence. Again, that's IMO, but I live here and I can see what is happening around me FWIW.

I haven't posted anything in this discussion because I really have nothing new to add, but I have read all the posts and appreciate your local insight immensely. My mother grew up in Eagle Creek near Camden in Benton Co (the cabin where they lived is now Wildlife preserve I believe) so I have extended family there and am somewhat familiar with the area, and very familiar with some of the people there, the ones I've met have been wonderful, good-hearted, generous and friendly.

I am heartbroken for Holly and her family and friends and pray for them daily.

I continue to hope for positive resolution with this and hope to see you on here again.

Thanks again for your generous and thoughtful contributions.

Tikki

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed. TOS: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As Websleuths continues to grow, we want to HELP families of victims, not HURT them. Sometimes it seems like nothing to post this or that but sit back and think, this is not a crime novel, THIS IS A REAL NIGHTMARE!

There is no reason to be upset or think something is up just because Holly's family doesn't appear in the media. I remember seeing some of this same thing in other cases and it's just not fair whatsoever!

If you have reason to believe that something is wrong with this family, run it by the mod of your choice in private for review before posting. They need our support, not our criticism just because they aren't having press conferences or whatever.

And this is about posts made throughout the day. I just got home and had a chance to look at them and removed them.

Thank this post and then you are free to move on.

Nothing about Holly on the local news tonight. We have bad weather here again...storms and flash flood warnings.

It's bad when the only new news is the weather - and there's not much new about that either.

I think the weather has been a super bad luck piece of this story :(

Have you guys looked at any of the RSOs in the area? Are there any news articles about what they've done in the past to be registered as a SO? Maybe that's something that can be looked at. It's okay to post about them if there might be something up, we just can't harass them.

Have you guys looked at any of the RSOs in the area? Are there any news articles about what they've done in the past to be registered as a SO? Maybe that's something that can be looked at. It's okay to post about them if there might be something up, we just can't harass them.

Oh Kim - This had me literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

It's gotten to the point that we are being encouraged to banter a bit about the RSO's!

It's not really funny, but I am still laughing!

:great: YAY! Let's bash the sex offenders!

Sincerely....thank you for this!

:eek: No, we can't bash them! But we can look and see if any in the area have a history of trying to kidnap or abuse young women. No bashing though, or name calling. Just take a look and see if there are any that have been accused of something that might have to do with Holly's case.

Here's the official guideline on sleuthing RSOs:

NEW RULES ON SEX OFFENDERS. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO ON WEBSLEUTHS

It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths.

It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information.

Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law.

If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please ask them here and we will do our best to clear things up.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
I can't wrap my brain around the FBI poster that says 5'8"- 6' 200lbs
If someone was 5'8" and 200lbs, he would be obese! even at 6'-he'd be overweight

that would not necessarily mean they are obese or overweight. My boyfriend is a trainer (not the "juiced"looking type either) and he is 195 and 5'10. The guy just might be really fit...

:eek: No, we can't bash them! But we can look and see if any in the area have a history of trying to kidnap or abuse young women. No bashing though, or name calling. Just take a look and see if there are any that have been accused of something that might have to do with Holly's case.

I really was only joking. I have a tendency to TRY to be funny when things get heavy. I guess it's my own coping mechanism and I hope I didn't offend you (or anybody else).

There are about 13 within 5 miles of Parsons (RSO's), at least 3 of those are classified as violent who are also white males.

I really was only joking. I have a tendency to TRY to be funny when things get heavy. I guess it's my own coping mechanism and I hope I didn't offend you (or anybody else).

I have enough vulcan in me that I don't get upset easily. :kimsterwink: Just didn't want anyone else to think it's okay to bash. We don't bash anyone on WS.

what is up with the quiet: (my two or whatever amount it is cents)

1) this is tbi. any "bi" agency generally holds things tighter, closer. Think super glue on the lips.

2) the "B-I" entered this case from hours in and took over. Thusly refer to the above

3) the massive reporting that took place initially (and most likely the leaks that tbi had to address that they may not have done so otherwise) were the major source of media coverage in this case

4) number three being said, there is a lack of investigative reporting going on in this case. Is it a gag/understanding with the tbi? Is it a lack of digging/doing boots on the ground reporting? Is it a band of reporters who value their media credentials more than getting the real story out? Who knows. In the Sandra Cantu case, my personal hero, Jennifer Wadsworth broke the case wide open with her investigative reporting.

5) finally, ((this is all my opinion but I just want to state again that this is my opinion)) : investigators have not to date found Holly. They have not arrested anyone. It is going on what.. 19 days???? If this were a quick crime of passion.. one not well thought out.. one that led right back to the perp.. there would be some sort of movement. This concerns me..I am starting to really think that this is not some heat of the moment crime.. this is not some person that knew her for a long time.. and really this could be the monster in our closet.

6) I have another opinion... I sincerely wish that Holly's family... her church, her anything.. would speak out to the media on her behalf. From the start this became a national interest case... and yes there is bad weather.. horrible weather that I pray the people of Tennessee did not have to go through... but Holly is out there somewhere and she is not where she is supposed to be right now. The interview with AW said it all really that the family needs to keep her case in the media eye. They(the media) do not seem to be looking right now and if they are they are too quiet imhoo.

Moo...

what is up with the quiet: (my two or whatever amount it is cents)

1) this is tbi. any "bi" agency generally holds things tighter, closer. Think super glue on the lips.

2) the "B-I" entered this case from hours in and took over. Thusly refer to the above

3) the massive reporting that took place initially (and most likely the leaks that tbi had to address that they may not have done so otherwise) were the major source of media coverage in this case

4) number three being said, there is a lack of investigative reporting going on in this case. Is it a gag/understanding with the tbi? Is it a lack of digging/doing boots on the ground reporting? Is it a band of reporters who value their media credentials more than getting the real story out? Who knows. In the Sandra Cantu case, my personal hero, Jennifer Wadsworth broke the case wide open with her investigative reporting.

5) finally, ((this is all my opinion but I just want to state again that this is my opinion)) : investigators have not to date found Holly. They have not arrested anyone. It is going on what.. 19 days???? If this were a quick crime of passion.. one not well thought out.. one that led right back to the perp.. there would be some sort of movement. This concerns me..I am starting to really think that this is not some heat of the moment crime.. this is not some person that knew her for a long time.. and really this could be the monster in our closet.

6) I have another opinion... I sincerely wish that Holly's family... her church, her anything.. would speak out to the media on her behalf. From the start this became a national interest case... and yes there is bad weather.. horrible weather that I pray the people of Tennessee did not have to go through... but Holly is out there somewhere and she is not where she is supposed to be right now. The interview with AW said it all really that the family needs to keep her case in the media eye. They do not seem to be looking right now.

Moo...

JMO I think TBI and LE know who has Holly and are closing in on him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa