TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm somewhat familiar with the AP case. Another sad tragedy. I didn't know/hear about the dogs. Did he leave the dogs alone? I feel bad for them too! I don't know much about cockers (cept they're cute and are sniffers). I'm surprised neither one woke up and alerted.

Yes the dogs were fine. I caught a nice news story about them (Clementine and I think Daisy?) The dogs were adopted out after Annes death. But back at the time everyone was like oh she had to have let the killer in... she had to have known the killer, etc. becuase the dogs didnt do anything... but no they were just kinda stupid dogs I guess.

About Tennessee Geography ~ Nashville is about a two hour drive from Parsons, Dollywood about three hours from Parsons. Dollywood is near the entrance to the Great Smokies. Just saying.

Someone had said it's five hours to the Smokies. I thought to myself that I can get to Nashville in under eight hours from Illinois which I have done. Then the drive to Dollywood is a hop, skip and a jump from there.

Dollywood is much more than 3 hours from Parsons. Please see Google map below which gives directions for a 5 hour drive just to Sevierville. And Sevierville is about an hour short of Gatlinburg due to traffic and winding roads. The entrance to Smokey Mountains National Park is just before you get to Gatlinburg and is always backed up.

Granted, you are sort of in the foothills of the Smokies before you enter the park. But, assuming one would not dump a body in Dollywood's parking lot or speed excessively while disposing of a body, I would suggest you're looking at approximately 4-5 hours to the mountains as I originally suggested. To give you a good idea, I used an end point of RiverHouse Hotel which is on the main drag in Gatlinburg.

651 Swan Johnson Rd, Parsons, TN 38328 to 610 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 - Google Maps

You might be reading too much into it.

I know. I keep going back over the sentence and wondering about that myself.
It all depends on if the word 'surrounding' was used correctly as nearby, close, adjacent, neighboring, immediate, adjoining are all interchangeable with surrounding but do not mean 'included' except for maybe 'immediate'. But who knows if the proper word was chosen by the speaker. He could have simply said, we are focusing on areas of Darden or local areas but he chose to say 'surrounding'. It's hard to tell.

Properly he should have said, 'Darden and it's surrounding areas' imo. :waitasec:

Dollywood is much more than 3 hours from Parsons. Please see Google map below which gives directions for a 5 hour drive just to Sevierville. And Sevierville is about an hour short of Gatlinburg due to traffic and winding roads. The entrance to Smokey Mountains National Park is just before you get to Gatlinburg and is always backed up.

Granted, you are sort of in the foothills of the Smokies before you enter the park. But, assuming one would not dump a body in Dollywood's parking lot or speed excessively while disposing of a body, I would suggest you're looking at approximately 4-5 hours to the mountains as I originally suggested.

Sevierville TN - Google Maps

Okay. I'll go by what you say as you live in the state of TN. I just recall staying in Nashville and going to Dollywood next and it seems we drove there in no time - but that was years ago so maybe my memory is off.

True that one would have to spend time driving from Dollywood into the Smokies. Dolly Parton talks about providing jobs to those in the surrounding Smoky Mountains by having her park there.

It's over 200 miles from Nashville to Pigeon Forge so it would definitely take longer than an hour. I'll just shut up now - LOL!

Granted, you are sort of in the foothills of the Smokies before you enter the park. But, assuming one would not dump a body in Dollywood's parking lot or speed excessively while disposing of a body, I would suggest you're looking at approximately 4-5 hours to the mountains as I originally suggested. To give you a good idea, I used an end point of RiverHouse Hotel which is on the main drag in Gatlinburg.

651 Swan Johnson Rd, Parsons, TN 38328 to 610 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 - Google Maps

I can't attest to the drive between Parsons and Sevierville but I've lived on the NC side of the Tennessee line and have done my fair share of traveling...both to Sevierville and Gatlinburg. The area is not always congested, especially in the early spring of the year. I have even been in the early fall and only encountered a few cars on the ride between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

I think if the abductor purposed to take Holly, dead or alive, to another area of TN or to another state, he could have easily done so....especially if he had the details pre-planned. As soon as he had her in the vehicle, he could have cleared the immediate area fairly quickly.

assuming it was a planned abduction and that they went into the woods, it seems really unlikely that an ATV would be used. it just seems to complicate things greatly imo.

how are you going to control someone, whether they are conscious or not, and drive an ATV? or make them drive? it just sounds very unlikely to me.

so i am left wondering what is the nearest point that someone could have left a vehicle?

keep hoping that we might get some clarification on details that we already know. ah well. another day slips away...

assuming it was a planned abduction and that they went into the woods, it seems really unlikely that an ATV would be used. it just seems to complicate things greatly imo.

how are you going to control someone, whether they are conscious or not, and drive an ATV? or make them drive? it just sounds very unlikely to me.

so i am left wondering what is the nearest point that someone could have left a vehicle?

keep hoping that we might get some clarification on details that we already know. ah well. another day slips away...

Speaking of ATV's, as I am not familiar with them....would there have been tracks? I don't know if anyones brought this up or if it's worth revisiting at all? Do you think that there could have been previous ATV tracks in the woods and it was hard to see if they were new or not (assuming that they may have been made the day before the abduction etc)?

I am seriously hoping that more information is released soon....I'm starting to get really down about this case :tears:

Speaking of ATV's, as I am not familiar with them....would there have been tracks? I don't know if anyones brought this up or if it's worth revisiting at all? Do you think that there could have been previous ATV tracks in the woods and it was hard to see if they were new or not (assuming that they may have been made the day before the abduction etc)?

I am seriously hoping that more information is released soon....I'm starting to get really down about this case :tears:

There would be tracks. Also, ATVs come in diferrent sizes, but typically they would need a space 4 feet wide to drive. So, not ideal in a highly dense wooded area.

So sad... looks like unfortunately this will become a "check only if new news thread."

Jane will be covering HB case in just a few minutes on issues. She indicated a "ramp up" in this case.

If Holly missing starts dragging on for any appreciable time, I'm going to start thinking that some sultan is kidnapping beautiful blond, virtuous women from the USA, again...if you know what I'm talking about.

Or maybe it is just that this perp. has hidden her so well that it's going to take months, if not years to find her.

However, we don't know the specifics yet of the person found in the Cumberland River. Maybe this perp. was extremely careful about evading detection.

This is a young woman who is precious. I think of so many, Dru, Brooke, lovely, intelligent, beautiful women...

They obviously need something new for interest to remain in the hunt for Holly. Hopefully she will give us that something as she talks to one of Holly's cousins.

It is a friend, not family, on JVM...named Tammy.
She doesn't know anything, not sure why she is on...

Jane saying that Bobo family says Clint is cleared.
The family friend say both BF and brother are "good boys, raised right." No way either is involved.

speechless! I think that LE needs to release what they found. Gives some clues! it really bothers me that LE has not put a warning out that other women could be in danger.

Jane saying that Bobo family says Clint is cleared.
The family friend say both BF and brother are "good boys, raised right." No way either is involved.

I not looking that way...but no one is clear until LE said so:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member