TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the unidentified 911 call was from Holly. If it was HB's mother, that's not something that should be hidden. If it was the neighbor, maybe. But if it was HB, then yes.

I can't see Holly being in a position to dial 911...my personal opinion. I also don't see her walking into the woods without putting her things down, if she had a choice about going. I think he had a weapon.

I believe the unidentified 911 call was from Holly. If it was HB's mother, that's not something that should be hidden. If it was the neighbor, maybe. But if it was HB, then yes.

So if the call was from Holly, LE could tell that "she was in fear for her life?"

Thanks MsFacetious for your reply with the link that this indeed was reported early on[main reason I questioned it was because I had not heard it and thought with it seeming to more recently come to light with I just wasn't gonna be sure about its validity..but knowing it has been out there since early on I believe it to be most likely true as well as accurate]..

So with that said ITA with your statement above about it correlating with what we first heard when the story broke[i.e. that Holly was "dragged"into the woods].. my problem is that we now know that was never said by CB and that even LE has gone as far as to publicly state that this was never said by CB and that a more accurate description would be she looked as tho she was being led into the woods..knowing this IMO the blood curdling scream and uncontrollable crying now IMO does not correlate with what took place in those first few minutes into Holly's abduction..

As I touched on above this reaction correlates with the original story of her being "dragged" into the woods..so yes I, too would have a similar reaction if that was what I was told..

We now know this is not what was told.. And the truth of what was described that morning was very much benign in comparison..Not only do we have LE stating that Clint Bobo infect did not ever use the description that he saw his sister "dragged into the woods" but rather looked out and saw her walking into the woods as if being led by whom he thought was her boyfriend.. As I said extremely benign in comparison..Not only do I believe that is the more accurate story of how CB first described what he saw that morning because LE publicly stated such..but more importantly I believe it because if I am to believe that CB originally looked out a window and saw his sister walking towards the woods with whom he thought was her boyfriend and thought NOTHING OF IT AT THAT TIME..for me to believe that is true then it would have to be as we have been told[not dragged but rather walking with boyfriend..meaning he saw nothing that alarmed him or that he thought was anything out of the ordinary]..and thus we know that it was until a short time later because of other things coming to light[those I do not believe have been clarified for certain in a specific order but they were: a possible call from a neighbor or from his mom relaying the info about hearing a scream coming from direction of their home by a neighbor..him then going outside seeing his sister's car is still there, etc, etc.. which as we know is what seems to have gotten the ball rolling with getting LE involved..

So, in now knowing that Clint did not see some traumatic act such as his sister being dragged into the woods and that infact what he saw was "at that time" seemingly nothing out of the ordinary and a common every day occurrence that he went on about his business..

In knowing this there are several who feel that now putting the blood curdling, uncontrollable screaming and crying at the school does not seem to correlate.. and along with adding in that this was within moments just minutes of this all having taken place[i.e. Karen Bobo left home at 7am..Holly last seen outside at 7:30am..and Karen Bobo back home when LE arrives on scene at the home just shy of 8am..and FYI it is 26 mins to travel from school to back home for Karen Bobo]..knowing all of that we are talking within literal moments of CB having seen his sister walking towards woods with who thought was boyfriend..literally moments..and the reaction to that was blood curdling, uncontrollable screaming and crying..

Given what we know now to be the accurate description of what was seen that morning along with it only being moments prior.. To several of us it seems quite odd..

Here is the timeline of events as I understand it. (Note: some of these "facts" have been confirmed; others have not.)

1. CB looks outside and sees HB with "camo man." He assumes it is her boyfriend. Perhaps because he sees them at a distance, he is unable to provide a good description of the man.
2. CB receives a call from a neighbor reporting that she has just heard a scream.
3. CB immediately goes outside and finds blood in/near the carport.
4. CB makes a phone call (to the boyfriend) and finds out that "camo man" is not, in fact, HB's boyfriend.
5. CB calls his mom at the school, informing her about the blood, the unidentified man, and the scream heard by the neighbor.
6. His mom tells him to call 911.
7. The co-worker at school hears Mrs. Bobo scream.
8. CB calls 911. Mrs. Bobo (perhaps) also calls 911 as she returns home.
9. The dispatcher who receives the call from CB or Mrs. Bobo (or both) -- in the hysteria -- misunderstands the incident being described as a home invasion and misunderstands (or assumes) that HB was "dragged" into the woods. These details have to be corrected later.
10. LE responds quickly, believing that time is of the essence since an abduction has just occurred.

This thread has turned into a rumor thread and we are not going down that path. Don't talk about other blogs, forums or FB here if you are not allowed to link. If you can't link you cannot discuss.

This is WS. Do the research, bring the link or stop generalized discussion about the rumors you are reading elsewhere.

Links!!!!!!!

On that topic does anyone have a link where LE is telling the Bobo's to keep quiet and not talk to media or make appearances?

If Holly is alive, that would be the nicest miracle I've seen in a while.

These are just my thoughts about the morning she was taken. CB hears something, possibly a dog if they had one, looks out and sees Holly and man in camo. Thinks it's her and boyfriend. Then goes to leave (what was his schedule that day?) and sees blood. Honestly, I would call the boyfriend first, then call mom to see if she's heard from Holly. Then call 911. I can see the mom reacting the way she reportedly did (screaming, etc). If Cb first thought she was with the boyfriend, ruled that out, then called to see if mom heard from her (possibly she would've called her if something was wrong with a neighbor or friend, not sure) when they realize the logical scenarios were ruled out then panic sets in. Being that they live in a small close knit area where abductions from home are extremely rare, I doubt the thought even crossed CB's mind in those early moments, kwim.

These are just my thoughts about how the events could've played out that morning. Trying to think about it outside what I would've done and think about it from a different perspective I guess

I wonder if HB had had her car worked on recently? If so, maybe the mechanic became infatuated with her and he would have her address on his sales records. Just trying to think of some new possibility.

I wonder if HB had had her car worked on recently? If so, maybe the mechanic became infatuated with her and he would have her address on his sales records. Just trying to think of some new possibility.

That is a good thought, YellowDog! We give out our address to so many people not really thinking one of them could do us harm.

Watching "Vanished" about Tara Grinstead and can't help thinking of Holly's abduction. The local reporter said there were as many stories, theories and rumors about what happened to her as there were people in the town; that the entire town turned out to search for her within hours. Various ex-boyfriends became POI's. And now it going on 6 years later, no trace of Tara.

PS- Also, the reward poster for Tara says the reward is $80,000.

Why is everyone, including the parents, silent? Could it possibly be that they know more than they are telling us? If Holly was alive, I believe they would have found her. I think they have suspects and are waiting to trip one of them up. Unfortunately, I don't believe Holly is still alive. JMO

I give kudos to all the posts on here. I admire the sleuthing and the suggestions, opinions and ideas as to what might have happened to Holly posted on here. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Reminder...

Knock off the rumors! Stop bringing them over from other sites as well.

Ima

Im going to have to reevaluate this whole story. Something just isnt right. Some things like statements similar to "things are not what they appear" etc. keep coming back into my head. As I have said all along, what is the actual crime here? Do we have actual proof of an assault? (no, not that has been made public). Do we have proof that Holly was injured in any way (no, not that has been made public). Do we have proof that she was actually forced to go anywhere (no, not definitively, although stories and interpretations have changed). What was found on Easter that was "a game changer" or "nothing" and why after that were no more searches held? Most "'experts" including John Walsh and and Marc Klass have commented on the odd silence from the family. Even the limited MSM coverage of the story finds lack of official LE info and family info odd to say the least.

I dont disagree that Holly is missing. I don't doubt her brother saw something. But just wonder what really is happening. For example, did she meet someone online and a meeting went bad? Just trying to look past the stranger abduction, stalker, etc. type theories.

A few tidbits in this article: The search has turned up all kinds of illegal activity.
Kristin Helms states (RSO) Nickell is not their focus

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14664721/bobo-search-not-without-success
I don't like them publicizing this because they need to search private property in these cases and stories like this may make property owners more apprehensive about granting searches. I believe in other cases LE have told property owners that they are not on a mission to uncover this type of illegal activity when time is of the essence after a person goes missing. Please correct me if that is wrong though. Yeah, most of these people probably aren't going to trust LE anyway but I don't think it does any good to publicize it. It also makes LE look like they are deflecting the issue like 53chevygirl alluded to.

Edit: I'm talking about pot plants and the general comment of people with warrants. The arrest of Nickell is a different thing but I still think publicizing it is not the best idea.

I don't like them publicizing this because they need to search private property in these cases and stories like this may make property owners more apprehensive about granting searches. I believe in other cases LE have told property owners that they are not on a mission to uncover this type of illegal activity when time is of the essence after a person goes missing. Please correct me if that is wrong though. Yeah, most of these people probably aren't going to trust LE anyway but I don't think it does any good to publicize it. It also makes LE look like they are deflecting the issue like 53chevygirl alluded to.

Edit: I'm talking about pot plants and the general comment of people with warrants. The arrest of Nickell is a different thing but I still think publicizing it is not the best idea.

I think a lot of property owners would see it as a positive, though. I'm on a large farm in rural Tennessee and can tell you from firsthand experience that the only way to get local police to remove marijuana crops and meth labs is to get local media involved or to bluff the local police by telling them the DEA coming in to do the job for them, etc. Simply reporting it is never enough. High profile searches like this one forces police to handle these issues in the areas being searched instead of ignoring them. I'm not saying the Parsons/Darden police specifically are like this, since I know nothing about them, but it is a common problem in parts of Tennessee.

Im going to have to reevaluate this whole story. Something just isnt right. Some things like statements similar to "things are not what they appear" etc. keep coming back into my head. As I have said all along, what is the actual crime here? Do we have actual proof of an assault? (no, not that has been made public). Do we have proof that Holly was injured in any way (no, not that has been made public). Do we have proof that she was actually forced to go anywhere (no, not definitively, although stories and interpretations have changed). What was found on Easter that was "a game changer" or "nothing" and why after that were no more searches held? Most "'experts" including John Walsh and and Marc Klass have commented on the odd silence from the family. Even the limited MSM coverage of the story finds lack of official LE info and family info odd to say the least.

I dont disagree that Holly is missing. I don't doubt her brother saw something. But just wonder what really is happening. For example, did she meet someone online and a meeting went bad? Just trying to look past the stranger abduction, stalker, etc. type theories.

BBM. The crime here is kidnapping. We know that because LE has told us that:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@...selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

That being the case, yes, we do have proof Holly was forced to go somewhere.

In no way do I think that Holly willingly went off with anyone.

My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member