TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of "game changer" (which was a media-used phrase, not one put out there by LE); on the "Vanished" show about Tara Grinstead, the latex glove was referred to as a "game changer" on the program...

So, TN is just getting around to figuring out there's a bit of criminal activity in the state? A long time ago, 18/20 years or so, some of my hippy acquaintances were traveling to TN for a little socializing, LOL, and they came back with stories you didn't want to hear - stuff in TN scared them so bad they wouldn't go back. Imagine that, LE is digging up stuff it didn't know.

My opinion only

Wow. No, actually TN has known that for quite some time.

BBM. The crime here is kidnapping. We know that because LE has told us that:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@...selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

That being the case, yes, we do have proof Holly was forced to go somewhere.

In no way do I think that Holly willingly went off with anyone.

My opinion.

Now before I say this know that I don't believe Holly willingly went anywhere either.
That being said, I don't feel at this point that we have proof of anything.
All we know is what her brother has told us, and that is, she was being led into the woods.
To my knowledge that is all we have and that ain't much!

BBM. The crime here is kidnapping. We know that because LE has told us that:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@...selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

That being the case, yes, we do have proof Holly was forced to go somewhere.

In no way do I think that Holly willingly went off with anyone.

My opinion.

ITA.
Take a look at what we have here, and perhaps we should just stop speculting that Holly wandered off to hang out with her boyfriend or something.

Seriously peeps. The FBI does not take these types of crimes with a grain of salt. They have enough to do.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support

You can do a lot of pinpointed research here (depending on what date/location you choose) on which tornados touched down and where.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ You just have to change the date to 2011. My links have a mind of their own today, jeez! So does my spellcheck. Use Memphis as the station.

Of course, it doesn't tell you what was happening on the ground, but does tell you the location of touchdowns.

This is not a political forum. This is about Holly Bobo. Do not continue with the off topic posts and rumors. Back up what you say with a link.

ITA.
Take a look at what we have here, and perhaps we should just stop speculting that Holly wandered off to hang out with her boyfriend or something.

Seriously peeps. The FBI does not take these types of crimes with a grain of salt. They have enough to do.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support

On this same note, I find it unlikely that Holly was found weeks ago and that it is being kept from the public, yet this keeps coming up too.

On this same note, I find it unlikely that Holly was found weeks ago and that it is being kept from the public, yet this keeps coming up too.

Perhaps we need a fact/myth rumor thread.

This is not TV, people. This is real life. A young woman has been abducted in a violent fashion from a rural area. She has not been found yet. Whatever has happened to her, has not been good.

Let's help find Holly.

Wonder why the governor was so quick to offer a $50,000 reward? Mmmm.....my mind can't get around all these unusual happenings.

Wonder why the governor was so quick to offer a $50,000 reward? Mmmm.....my mind can't get around all these unusual happenings.

Our (TN) governor is new into office and from Knoxville, far away from Parsons. IMHO, he wanted to respond positively to the huge media event this quickly became. I am not suggesting that he offered the reward for polical gain, but rather a response from an inexperienced governor. He may have just gotten caught up in the hype.

The district attorney asked the governor to offer the reward. It is typically done when LE needs good tips to come in fast, so that they can hopefully rescue the abducted person before they are killed.

TBI Media Release April 18 – Tennessee Governor Offers Reward
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

Late last night, District Attorney General Hansel McAdams of the 24th Judicial District requested the Governor offer the reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly.

I am confused by the lack of information in the case. It seems like people in the area would not know if they should be out looking for Holly.
It seems the people of the area would not know if they are in danger and should be advised a possible serial killer is around or if this was more targeted.

I think it is important for LE to let them know if they know nothing... which means every girl is in danger. (hopefully they are all on high alert anyway)

Is her family out looking for her still? Are people suppose to be out looking for her? I know if my sister, husband, brother, etc were missing I would be out every day and every night. It would be so horrible and sickening not knowing. It has to be the worst thing in the world for a family to endure and nothing to take your mind away from it.

I hope there is a resolution to this soon.

Of interest,, in this recent article http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14664721/bobo-search-not-without-success they say Holly's disappearance has prompted other crimes to be brought to light/solved from tips and such. "Decatur County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Cagle said they discovered marijuana plants and the makings of meth labs during searches there. Police have also arrested fugitives from justice."

Let's see....
~the unidentified boy who was found deceased at the end of a driveway has now been identified. His mother has been found and is being questioned. She was from Texas and the body was located in Maine but the case was quickly in hand....within 48 hours. I think this is because the child's computer generated picture was released to the public. His clothing was shown, his shoes were shown, his weight, height and approx. age were released.

~the missing Guy family has been located. They're from Indiana and were located in Florida at a traffic stop. Lots of information was released about this family and the family background. The Guy thread was followed closely by some wonderful sleuths who entertained every scenario possible. The case was brought to a resolution in about 2 weeks.

~Holly Bobo? Been over a month of relative silence from LE and the family. No resolution in sight.

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult (1) to list cases in which LE provided a lot of info and failed to crack a case; and (2) to list cases in which LE kept a lid on info and, nonetheless, cracked a case in a reasonable amount of time.

my opinions only, no facts here:

If the local and state reporters would be proactive, we would probably know more details about this case. Sitting around and waiting for something to come over the wire is NOT the same as investigative reporting. This case is crying out for a good bird-dogging investigative reporter.

I have lived a long time and I am used to weekly updates from investigators on cases that may involve capital crime. If the veil of silence about the Holly Bobo investigation contributes to an arrest pretty soon, then everything will make sense to me. But if this case is still languishing many months from now and the public has been given no more information, I will throw up my hands to the heavens. I maintain (as in my other posts) that this case is eminently solvable and I believe there is a reason why the authorities are so quiet.

For me it is simple, when I look at cases such as the Jamison family in Oklahoma or the McStay family in San Ysidro, I can more-or-less figure out what happened. These are not difficult cases to work out. But the Holly Bobo case irks me, because I have so little to work with.

my opinions only, no facts here:

If the local and state reporters would be proactive, we would probably know more details about this case. Sitting around and waiting for something to come over the wire is NOT the same as investigative reporting. This case is crying out for a good bird-dogging investigative reporter.

I have lived a long time and I am used to weekly updates from investigators on cases that may involve capital crime. If the veil of silence about the Holly Bobo investigation contributes to an arrest pretty soon, then everything will make sense to me. But if this case is still languishing many months from now and the public has been given no more information, I will throw up my hands to the heavens. I maintain (as in my other posts) that this case is eminently solvable and I believe there is a reason why the authorities are so quiet.

For me it is simple, when I look at cases such as the Jamison family in Oklahoma or the McStay family in San Ysidro, I can more-or-less figure out what happened. These are not difficult cases to work out. But the Holly Bobo case irks me, because I have so little to work with.

BBM: O/T (sorry mods) but if you've figured out what happened to the Jamison family, please do tell! All I've figured out so far is that LE is less than stellar in the area (and believe me- I am very PRO-LE...) That, and there are a lot of illicit drugs in the area. :waitasec:

Don't want to take over Holly's thread, because I think something else entirely is going on here with her- but would love for you to visit the Jamison thread and share your thoughts. TIA!

Now back to Holly.
Is it possible that LE has asked media outlets to back away slowly... for good reason?

Now back to Holly.
Is it possible that LE has asked media outlets to back away slowly... for good reason?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what reasons there would be...
but I would still wonder why search parties of locals are not being formed on the weekends; LE indicated the other day they think they have cleared the east side of the county; that leaves a lot of county and they have never indicated they believe she is not to be found locally.

I have checked here every day and been praying for Holly!

Have we narrowed down the correct time of the abduction?
I have seen many different times.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/holly-bobo/ (AWESOME info gathered BeanE-thank you)

what time did the parents leave the home?

Also saw this time frame reported

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/21/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73K8EC20110421

"He has told authorities that he thought it was her boyfriend and didn't suspect anything until he went outside an hour or so later and saw blood."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay