TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really.... especially in light of what happened to Holly.

By all accounts Holly and Drew were very close. It seems like the Bobo family would be close to Drew and or his family too. The fact that they are in communication also would mean that the family did not suspect Drew.

I would find it more odd if the family totally cut him off...

I find it very odd in light of everything. Mom allegedly spoke to Drew the morning Holly disappeared, brother thinks the suspect is Drew, mom texts Drew every night.

Sorry. I think it's creepy.

I find it very odd in light of everything. Mom allegedly spoke to Drew the morning Holly disappeared, brother thinks the suspect is Drew, mom texts Drew every night.

Sorry. I think it's creepy.

It might be that she believes he is innocent and they both loved her daughter.

It could be she doesn't know for sure one way or the other and doesn't want to break that line of communication until she does know.

It also might be that its better to keep in touch with him hoping if he is involved he'll tell her something.

AND it might be none of the above.

My theory is that she knew the unsub. Maybe not in a very close way....but she knew him. She was not fearful at first. She may have been startled when he came up and she dropped the Coke....she and the unsub may have bent down to pick it up...but something happened. Maybe he pulled a weapon...maybe he said something threatening. Something happened that caused her to bleed. Could the dropped can have hit her foot in the flip flops and caused an injury? Perhaps they both bent down to check it out. He may have apologized. This entire scenario would have seemed surreal to Holly. Here is a young man she knows....someone she is aware of in the community, she knows his family or friends. She can't imagine why he is doing this. Surely this can't be happening. Maybe he demands that she walk with him and she thinks, ok...I'll walk with him. I'll reason with him...I'll convince him that this is crazy and to let me go. After all, he's not going to do anything serious....I mean I know him, he knows that people will be looking for me if I don't show up for exams. Maybe he says to her, "Come with me, I'm taking you to school today." She wants to protest but he has a threatening presence. This is why she carried her school books, papers and lunch.

This is just the line of reasoning I think she may have taken in the building intensity of the moment.

I don't think that it is necessarily strange for them to have contact every day. My parents and my SO talk regularly. Maybe not EVERY day, but several times a week. If something happened to me I can imagine contact being more frequent. Holly and Drew were together for years and had plans of marriage-he was probably already like a son to them.

I wish I did have more information about the morning contact though that left the mother so sure it wasn't Drew. Did he call her or she call him and for what reason? Just to say good morning?

Anybody catch this? I clipped it from the transcript of JVM show.

JVM: Did you see the turkey? or was there was no turkey....
CB: No, it was gone..

Gone??? I do not understand this at all. What in the world is he saying?

Sorry am still catching up amd a couple pages behind but I am so very confused with some of the latest statements..

CB speaks about seeing their silouhettes, hearing voices, specifically a younger male voice, he sees them bent down around what I believe that he calls a turkey..

DB we find out the blood is infact Holly's blood

CB says he sees his sister amd camo man walking off toward the woods..

CB is asked if where his sister and camo man were seen bending down over what he alleged to be a turkey.. Once he was in that particular area where he'd witnessed them bending down over something.. Was the turkey still there?

And CB replies no it was gone..

Honestly I believe I'm more confused than I've ever been throughout this case.. Just what in the hell is going on there?

Ok, I watched "Criminal Minds" last night so I have all the answers.........

It was about a unsub (see I know what to call him) who was stabbing some people and shooting others. None of those who were attacked with a knife screamed out the others did.

The profiler said that people confronted with a knife didn't scream because they are terrified. People are more afraid of a knife than a gun. When confronted with a gun most people scream out.

I got this from "Criminal Minds" so it must be true..................:floorlaugh:

I don't get it. Who was that joke directed toward? Me? Well, I hope not. Hard to tell in typed messages. Anyhoo...:innocent:

I don't watch those shows, but when I had a knife held to me, I screamed my *advertiser censored* off, even surprising myself when I heard the 911 call which recorded it as the line was left open. The police heard me from INSIDE a house 200 yards away, and they had trees and another house in between. Yuck, bad memory.

I have also lived on many many acres, and you KNOW where your neighbors houses are located on their properties, and you can hear from INCREDIBLE distances, especially if the weather is calm. I believe that if she heard screaming coming from the house, then it was either from the house, or from the exact direction of the house, if that makes sense (not from the left or right, but in a direct line inbetween homes, or in that same line directly behind the home.) I'm not sure which neighbor called 911, and what area of her property she was on when she heard screams, so like everyone, I'm just rambling, lol.

I really want to believe the brother's story. I agree w/others, this was someone who knew her routine and knew the property, at least somewhat. My prayers go out to HBs loved ones.

Sorry am still catching up amd a couple pages behind but I am so very confused with some of the latest statements..

CB speaks about seeing their silouhettes, hearing voices, specifically a younger male voice, he sees them bent down around what I believe that he calls a turkey..

DB we find out the blood is infact Holly's blood

CB says he sees his sister amd camo man walking off toward the woods..

CB is asked if where his sister and camo man were seen bending down over what he alleged to be a turkey.. Once he was in that particular area where he'd witnessed them bending down over something.. Was the turkey still there?

And CB replies no it was gone..

Honestly I believe I'm more confused than I've ever been throughout this case.. Just what in the hell is going on there?

Confusion, mass confussion.

CB thought they were bent down looking at a turkey. Probably because the guy was dressed in camo.

CD thought it was Drew. Heard a young man talking.

CB appears to be verbally challenged. He doesn't do well in front of the cameras.

I don't get it. Who was that joke directed toward? Me? Well, I hope not. Hard to tell in typed messages. Anyhoo...:innocent:

I don't watch those shows, but when I had a knife held to me, I screamed my *advertiser censored* off, even surprising myself when I heard the 911 call which recorded it as the line was left open. The police heard me from INSIDE a house 200 yards away, and they had trees and another house in between. Yuck, bad memory.

I have also lived on many many acres, and you KNOW where your neighbors houses are located on their properties, and you can hear from INCREDIBLE distances, especially if the weather is calm. I believe that if she heard screaming coming from the house, then it was either from the house, or from the exact direction of the house, if that makes sense (not from the left or right, but in a direct line inbetween homes, or in that same line directly behind the home.) I'm not sure which neighbor called 911, and what area of her property she was on when she heard screams, so like everyone, I'm just rambling, lol.

I really want to believe the brother's story. I agree w/others, this was someone who knew her routine and knew the property, at least somewhat. My prayers go out to HBs loved ones.

BBM
Exactly.

Having just typed that, I would like to add that I knew the man holding the knife to me, and although I was terrified, deep down, maybe, I didn't think he was going to use the knife to hurt me. So my experience, like all of them, is unique.

I will say, I would NOT have walked anywhere with him without a struggle, and I was surprised by my lack of strength and his EXTREME strength. I tried to get him in the eyes w/my elbow, in the groin, everything. He overpowered me like he was superhuman. That is why, for me, it is so difficult to interpret what the victim's reaction MIGHT have been. Ugh.

I apologize. I was being facetious. I was speaking more of the profiling on the show which doesn't line up with real life. It was totally a joke which I won't make again.

What is also sad is if Holly is never found, it may never be known what really happened or how he got her to walk with him or even who "he" is...I think it is very possible we might never know more than we do now...

I was reading another forum and a poster came up with a reason Holly was not standing when Clint saw silhouettes. They said that perhaps the abductor had a stun gun, Holly went to her knees, and was still dazed to the point she walked with him into the woods. Thought it could be a plausible explanation.

I apologize. I was being facetious. I was speaking more of the profiling on the show which doesn't line up with real life. It was totally a joke which I won't make again.

No need to apologize, lol. I'm not a regular poster on any site, so sometimes I don't know who's responding to what. I totally agree w/you on those shows, though. My dad used to make the same jokes about Perry Mason, :floorlaugh:.

No need to apologize, lol. I'm not a regular poster on any site, so sometimes I don't know who's responding to what. I totally agree w/you on those shows, though. My dad used to make the same jokes about Perry Mason, :floorlaugh:.

"Just one more thing..." RIP Columbo

Having just typed that, I would like to add that I knew the man holding the knife to me, and although I was terrified, deep down, maybe, I didn't think he was going to use the knife to hurt me. So my experience, like all of them, is unique.

I will say, I would NOT have walked anywhere with him without a struggle, and I was surprised by my lack of strength and his EXTREME strength. I tried to get him in the eyes w/my elbow, in the groin, everything. He overpowered me like he was superhuman. That is why, for me, it is so difficult to interpret what the victim's reaction MIGHT have been. Ugh.

Thanks for sharing your story. It may help someone to remember to fight if ever attacked. You just never now how you’re going to react until it happens to you, unfortunately.

I was accosted in an airport parking lot. I had gotten off the elevator in the parking garage after picking up my friend at the airport. I had worked all day and was coming down with the flu, so I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings as much as I usually did. When we exited the elevator at our respective floor, this guy who was in the elevator followed us out. I didn’t notice him until I was at my driver’s side door with my key in my hand (my friend was on the other side of the car waiting for me to unlock the doors), when suddenly I sensed a presence on the side of me. I turned to my right and no more than 2 ft. away from me was this guy. He immediately pulled down his sweat pants and started, ya know, masturbating and saying “things”. Unfortunately, I was in shock. I just stood there for a moment. I snapped out of it quickly because my friend said, “What is happening?!” I was afraid to make a move because I didn’t know if he had a knife in his sock or what. I realized that I must do something quickly or ...ugh. My friend was holding some type of ceramic souvenir wrapped in a towel and she began to come around the car holding her souvenir in a threatening manner. This frightened me for her safety, and then all of a sudden, I just put on an act. I made my gaze look past this guy’s shoulder into the distance behind him, and I yelled, “Officer, Officer, over here! He’s over here!” Immediately that creep pulled up his pants and ran. Of course, there was no officer.

However, this creep didn’t look like a creep. He looked like he was probably someone’s boyfriend or husband. Which made it all the more creepier. And there were two of us, and he still was bold enough to do this.

I was reading another forum and a poster came up with a reason Holly was not standing when Clint saw silhouettes. They said that perhaps the abductor had a stun gun, Holly went to her knees, and was still dazed to the point she walked with him into the woods. Thought it could be a plausible explanation.

She probably would have screamed if he stunned her and would have been weak afterward. That is very plausible!

Sorry If this is a repeat question, but I have been unable to find a credible answer. Does anyone know if CB took a lie detector test and I mean for sure and not just I heard.

Sorry If this is a repeat question, but I have been unable to find a credible answer. Does anyone know if CB took a lie detector test and I mean for sure and not just I heard.

IIRC, the country singer cousin said he did and passed but I haven't seen anything official from LE but then again, they haven't really said anything at all except add more confusion to what little they did say. :twocents:

It might be that she believes he is innocent and they both loved her daughter.

It could be she doesn't know for sure one way or the other and doesn't want to break that line of communication until she does know.

It also might be that its better to keep in touch with him hoping if he is involved he'll tell her something.

AND it might be none of the above.

Could be. Why hasn't Drew appeared in interviews with them? I don't recall ever seeing him even when they unveiled the new poster of Holly without makeup. Did I miss it?

Still....I find it very unusual that they text each other every night. Do they not see each other? Isn't he helping with putting up fliers?:waitasec:

Holly Bobo is still missing as the fifth month of her mysterious disappearance looms around the corner. The family of the missing nursing student from Darden, Tennessee, gave yet again another interview this weekend, allowing reporters to enter the young woman's bedroom. The interview with the Jackson Sun came with no photos because they want you to purchase a print copy of the newspaper; hey, everyone needs to make money sometimes. So it's apparent that this interview mustn't have come with any pertinent details to the disappearance of the missing woman

more at the link....

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980009171

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members