Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, Sept. 25th:
*Motion Hearing (re confession) for both (@ 10:30am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 30) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor.
Trial was set to begin on 8/17/20 for both-delayed on 3/10/20, delayed to next year 2021.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 8/7/20 reference post #626 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

9/3/20 Update: Court hearing was scheduled for this Friday 9/4/20 has been postponed because 4 TBI agents set to testify are quarantined right now because of Covid-19. It is now rescheduled for the end of this month. Daniels is charged with Joe Clyde's death and confessed. But, he's since recanted. And, now defense attorney Jake Lockert is going to ask for that confession to be disallowed when the case finally goes to trial next year. Lockert plans to play video at the hearing to make his case that Daniels was coerced into the confession. And, Lockert says he's going to also argue that the TBI was not truthful in some earlier testimony. And, he's going to ask to that Joseph's bond be reduced down from $1 million to something more workable. If that happens, Joseph could get out of jail while awaiting trial. Motion hearing is now set for 9/24/20. One article mentioned they both had a hearing.
9/24/20 Update: DA played video of when Daniels went through the night Joe Clyde disappeared in an interview on April 6, 2018. The prosecution argues this video should seal Daniels’ fate. The defense argues Daniels was unlawfully detained and that a jury should never see this at trial. The judge may make a final ruling on this tomorrow. The hearing adjourned for the day just before 6. We’ll start again tomorrow morning 9/25/20 at 10:30 am.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 29) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 3/10/20 reference post #438 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

5/26/20 Update: According to Dickson County’s jail administrator, Krystal Daniels faces charges for criminal responsibility, accessory after the fact and making false reports to officers. Daniels was already charged with aggravated child abuse. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date on 3/10/20, but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing for Sept. (no date mentioned). Article mentioned Krystal has hearing on 9/24/20 also. 9/24/20 Update: Went thru motions – no idea “what”.

They are back in the courtroom today I am glad to see things finally starting to happen in this case I just wish they could find Baby Joe and lay him to rest like he deserves. Hopefully when this is all over they will tell what they did with his body I can't believe it's been 2 years.

Does anyone know "what" motions were discussed in the beginning of yesterday's hearing for Krystal? I have no access to Dickinson County court site - and I believe no one does....

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
25m

And that's a wrap. The hearing has concluded for the day, but we are far from done. Yesterday morning, there were 12 motions for the judge to consider, and we've only discussed two of them -- the gag order and keeping the confession video out of the trial.

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
10m

To elaborate a little more -- the District Attorney tells me the configuration of the current courtroom is incredibly tight, doesn't allow for six feet and they do have concerns about Joseph Daniels coming back and forth from Riverbend Max with all of their COVID cases.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/KindnessIsntCanceled?src=hashtag_click
Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
13m

BREAKING: The next pre-trial hearing for Joseph Daniels will not be held until at least December 1st. Due to COVID social distancing concerns in the current courthouse, all legal parties have agreed to delay hearings until Dickson Co's new judicial center opens in late November

I am not sure where I stand on this. It is true there have been false confessions in the past. However, if I am not mistaken they are also hearing a motion that is linked to his asking questions on clarification of his Miranda Rights and not being offered answers. He was Mirandized before his lie detector test and that whole test in now in question due to his questions not being addressed, the fact that he may have been withdrawing from some of his medications, as well as his mental health diagnoses, and how they may play into the possibility of them providing false results for having been untruthful. The list goes on....
I know it is the defense attorney's job to tear apart the prosecution's case and Mr. Lockert seems to being a decent job at this so far (it is still way early let's keep our fingers crossed and pray for Perry Mason to show up).
They have even brought up a new mystery person that may be involved with the disappearance of poor little Baby Joe. I have a feeling this case is going to be drawn out as much as possible especially with COVID playing a role. I am also afraid we will get no real answers or justice for Baby Joe.
Something still tells me they need to take a long hard look at Krystal. I can not wait until we get to here from her. Something happened to that Baby that night and we have not heard from or seen him again.

All this is of course MOO in IMOO

I am not certain if I should post this. Nick Beres has posted a video on his FB page of Baby Joe during a sleep study.
Please report if not allowed.

I missed this information. My apologies for the repeat.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents said investigators found 26 total bones and bone fragments during a search at the Daniels family home near Garner Creek Road on May 22.

LIVE: Hearing in baby Joe Clyde Daniels case underway

Thanks for posting that article. I wonder if forensics have been completed on the discovered bones to identify them? It seems a bit more than a coincidence that these were found on their property and based on what is reported regarding digital evidence, Dad never left the property despite saying he did.

Age progression photo shows what Joe Clyde Daniels may look like at age 8

October 7, 2020
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — An age progression photo shows what Joe Clyde Daniels may look like two years after he disappeared.

Nick Beres NC5

"Someone has illegally leaked key evidence in the high-profile Joe Clyde Daniels case in Dickson County."
"The presiding judge wants to know who and if he finds out it could mean jail time."

Quoted from above link.....
Will Baby Joe Clyde ever get any justice?? IMO MOO

Here's a news article on the leaked evidence

Key evidence leaked in violation of gag order in Joe Clyde Daniels case

October 15, 2020

DICKSON, Tenn. (WTVF) — Someone has illegally leaked key evidence in the high-profile Joe Clyde Daniels case in Dickson County. The presiding judge wants to know who and if he finds out it could mean jail time.

Obviously, there's been an awful lot of publicity on this case over the past two years. But with a trial scheduled for early next year, Judge David Wolfe issued a gag order several weeks ago.
[.....]
In recent weeks, someone with access to the discovery file has been posting online or sending evidence from the criminal case to the media -- in blatant violation of the gag order.
[.....]
So, what type of evidence? Video clips.

One video shows Joe Clyde and his father participating in a sleep study -- making the case that the boy rarely slept through the night and that he may have wandered off the night he disappeared. Another video clip shows authorities questioning someone in connection with the case.
[.....]
"It's almost like a witch hunt. The judge up there questioning every person involved with this case. Question the clerk, the court reporter... Don't know where it's going to stop."

And, it likely won't stop until the judge knows who is leaking the evidence. The person or persons responsible could face jail time. It's worth noting most of what's been leaked seems to be a benefit to the defense.

This case is so frustrating to me. Especially the defense. This (which it sounds like leaked info is beneficial to them) and the attorney saying they had video footage of joe, then didn’t and his crazy accusations that it was being withheld. I hope they can find the leaks and have a trial that nails these people to the wall. I hope Joe is found too. I keep waiting for the day.

Intern in public defender's office fired after evidence leak in Joe Clyde Daniels case

October 20, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — For now, no one will be held in contempt of court following an evidence leak in the Joe Clyde Daniels case.

Judge David Wolfe issued a gag order several weeks ago. No judge likes to have his order ignored — especially in such a high-profile case.

In a hearing Monday afternoon, attorneys revealed that the leak came from a paid intern in the public defender's office. That intern has since been fired.

Nick Beres NC5

Hit by a car....really. This defense is driving me crazy!!! If the child was hit by a car, then call 911...Wouldn't you want help for your child and prosecution for the one that hit and left him?? Or just who may have been driving that car. Are they setting it up for an accidenal death case. Preparing to say maybe they ran him over accidentally while searching for him....
As far as abduction, I have never riled it out. However, I just don't have that gut feeling of abduction. My gut keeps telling me they need to look at Krystal.
This poor child will never see justice.

Here's an article I just got in my alert.

Joe Clyde Daniels case: Private investigator believes boy could have been abducted or hit by car

Nov. 23, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A private investigator – who's worked on numerous missing persons cases, including the Joe Clyde Daniels disappearance – believes the boy could have been hit by a car or was possibly abducted.
[.....]
However, David Marshburn, a private investigator out of North Carolina, is not bound by the gag order. He met with Joe Clyde’s grandparents last year and used his blood hounds to search for the boy’s remains. He also closely followed the case just last week in Cheatham County where nine-year-old Jorden Gorman was found safe two days after he disappeared from his Ashland City home.

Marshburn says that highlights just how easy it is for a small child to walk away and vanish. However, authorities continue to maintain that the parents were involved in Joe Clyde’s death.

But Marshburn says he now believes there’s evidence that will surface that Joe Clyde was either hit by a car and taken away or abducted the night he disappeared.
[.....]
The Daniels case was supposed to go to trial in spring 2021, but due to COVID-19, that won’t happen. The Tennessee Supreme Court has shut down all jury trials because of the pandemic. This means the Joe Clyde Daniels trial will likely be pushed back until at least next summer – more than three years after he went missing.

Here's an article I just got in my alert.

Joe Clyde Daniels case: Private investigator believes boy could have been abducted or hit by car

Nov. 23, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A private investigator – who's worked on numerous missing persons cases, including the Joe Clyde Daniels disappearance – believes the boy could have been hit by a car or was possibly abducted.
[.....]
However, David Marshburn, a private investigator out of North Carolina, is not bound by the gag order. He met with Joe Clyde’s grandparents last year and used his blood hounds to search for the boy’s remains. He also closely followed the case just last week in Cheatham County where nine-year-old Jorden Gorman was found safe two days after he disappeared from his Ashland City home.

Marshburn says that highlights just how easy it is for a small child to walk away and vanish. However, authorities continue to maintain that the parents were involved in Joe Clyde’s death.

But Marshburn says he now believes there’s evidence that will surface that Joe Clyde was either hit by a car and taken away or abducted the night he disappeared.
[.....]
The Daniels case was supposed to go to trial in spring 2021, but due to COVID-19, that won’t happen. The Tennessee Supreme Court has shut down all jury trials because of the pandemic. This means the Joe Clyde Daniels trial will likely be pushed back until at least next summer – more than three years after he went missing.
This investigator is from my state and I can't even try to explain how I feel about this article. I'm so angry right now I don't know if I can even respond right now. This scenario is so ridiculous I can't even try to give it credence. What evidence does he even have to even make such a statement? What, damnit, what?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member