Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *PLEA: No Contest* *appeal filed 2023* #3

Yes, a bit odd IMO. From November 2020:
A private investigator – who's worked on numerous missing persons cases, including the Joe Clyde Daniels disappearance – believes the boy could have been hit by a car or was possibly abducted.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/j...es-boy-could-have-been-abducted-or-hit-by-car

Before that he thought that Baby Joe had drowned. He has been through a couple of theories I do believe. Today's stunt was just that for me a stunt. I truly hope the jury is effectively sequestered and heard no mention of the activity near the Daniels's home today.

Friday, June 11th:
*Trial continues (Day 8)-Closing Arguments (@ 8am CT) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – for *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor. But recanted his confession saying he was coerced.
Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/2/21 with jury selection for Joseph only. Jury will be sequestered during trial. Jury picked from Hamilton County not from Dickson County due to pretrial publicity. Trial began on 6/3/21. The trial will run Monday thru Saturday 9am to 5 or 6pm. 12 jurors & 4 alternates.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/25/21 & Jury Selection from 6/1/21 & 6/2/21 & Trial Day 1-6 (6/3/21 & 6/9/21) reference post #1097 here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

6/10/21 Thursday, Day 7 of Trial: State witnesses: Investigator Joel Wade with TBI. He’s part of the technical services unit & provided some cell phone data. Agent Zack Burkhart with the TBI who got involved with the investigation in June/July of 2019.
See posts #4 to 10 for more info here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3
Jury has been removed for a motion brought forth by the State. Crouch wants FB business records Krystal Daniels had with a Thomas Richard admitted into trial.
See posts #11, 12, 14, 16, 17 for more info here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3
The judge has ruled the FB messages & timeline of Joseph Daniels search history as admissible. We are taking a recess before jury returns.
We are back. The judge is telling the jury there will be offensive language of a sexual nature with what they are about to see (FB messages between Krystal and Thomas Richards). The state presented a resignation letter to Joseph Daniels. Agent Burkhart continued.
See posts #18 to 20 for more info here:
Agent Burkhart continued.
See posts #21 to 26, 28 to 33 for more info here:
State rests their case. A break while the defense speaks with Daniels about his right to testify.
See posts #35 & 36 to for more info here:
Daniels will not be testifying. Public Defender, Jake Lockert, will not provide any proof, calling no witnesses & rests their case. Moving to closing arguments. State & Defense has requested a couple hours to work on their arguments.
See posts #39 & 40 for more info here:
Defense attorney Matt Mitchell will be delivering the closing argument tomorrow. Closing arguments start on 6/11/21.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Trial will be set after Joseph’s trial ends.

Here for baby Joe <3 And Alex, such a brave little boy<3 I hope whatever happens at the end of this trial, Alex will know he did the best he could for his baby brother and I hope that someday, baby Joe will be found!

Can someone paraphrase, please? I don't use FB.
He spoke to the investigator and he's adamant the parts were from a car and not a mailbox. Zero chance of a mistrial at this point and finds the investigator who he's spoken to a few times is credible.
They interviewed the defense attorney and they believe they've done enough to create reasonable doubt and calling Auntie Joyce and others would potentially have created more trouble on cross for them.
Nick does think the parents did this especially Joseph but with the lack of physical evidence if he were a juror he does have reasonable doubt but is waiting for closing arguments to make a judgement.
Doesn't believe anyone would confess to killing their own child if they're innocent (have to disagree with him here, as it has happened before).

Pretty much the extent of the FB live.

Oh my! When I saw the name David Marshburn, I thought of Lucas Hernandez and that witch Emily Glass!! Got my hopes up he was going to find Baby Joe, but he’s looking to find evidence to get JRD off??? Is that right?? MOO

I too am just coming to this case today. And then VOILA... the name David Marshburn come up.

SMDH

Marissa Sulek@marissa_sulek

Got to keep the media crews fed. It’s a team effort
1f44a-1f3fb.svg

Quote Tweet

2Y1oDlK9_normal.jpg

Stephanie Langston
@stephnthecity
· 12m
In other food news- I want to give a shout out to @marissa_sulek for bringing in cookies as well as our photographer @jgregorywkrn for keeping the candy bowl stocked all week and @ashleymperham who stocked it today. I’ve enjoyed working with this crew

9:22 AM · Jun 11, 2021 from Tennessee, USA·Twitter for iPhone

YUM!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861