Last Known Location (Map)
County
Sullivan County

Missing From Tribal Land
No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land
No
Circumstances of Disappearance
Based on witness statements Layla spent the night of 6/25/2023 at the Americourt motel (1900 American Way). On 6/26/2023 Layla was observed going door to door at the motel wearing a white tank top, black leggings, and no shoes. Layla then ran into a nearby tree line and was observed on 6/27/2023 between the hours of 08:00-10:00 in a near-by field. At 12:00 Layla was inside a local ice cream shop located a 2003 N. Eastman Road. Layla spoke with an employee and stated she was going to a nearby store to buy shoes. Layla never made it to the store to buy shoes and her last known direction is unknown.

Physical Description​

Hair Color
Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description
Shoulder Length
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
N/A
Left Eye Color
Brown
Right Eye Color
Brown

Clothing
White Tank Top and Black Leggings

While I want to remain victim friendly, can't help wondering if certain things were at play here. Going door to door barefoot, going into a "tree line" afterwards sounds a bit iffy IMO.

At least the above description sounds more accurate. Light blonde hair, 135lbs, 4ft10. Layla has to be somewhere, it's been almost a month. How far can you go without shoes??

64cc0f5348a62.image.jpg

A non profit organization based in Florida is offering a $2,000 reward for information that will lead to the location and recovery of a missing Kingsport woman.

Voice for the Voiceless added the incentive this week to help in the search for 21-year-old Layla Santanello who was last seen on June 27th.

May be an image of 4 people and text

“It’s a roller coaster. Some days are better than others,” said Layla’s mother, Jennifer Santanello. “Other days you’re kind of in a fog and it’s all you can think about.”

“This reward is just an incentive to get some of those people who might have seen her after the Marble Slab (Creamery) to come forward and give us that information because it’s important,” Jennifer Santanello said. “We’re not going to find her without it. Someone out there knows something. She didn’t just vanish into thin air. You know?”

Layla.png

On Nov. 11, the family will conduct a community search involving any interested members of the Kingsport community. The search will cover the Greenbelt area behind East Stone Commons Shopping Center

“We’ve got a lot of people following our story about Layla,” Zeitler said. “A lot of people ask how can they help, and we figured this would be a good way to have the community come together for Layla.”

“I want our search to be very successful,” Zeitler said. “If we don’t find her, then I’m hoping we can find some evidence to investigate. This is something that needs to be done, especially with the seasons coming to change. It’s already been very close to four months, and we’ve potentially lost a lot of evidence.”

KINGSPORT — The families of Layla Santanello, 21, and Hollynn Snapp, 19, said the missing women ran in the same social circles and may know each other.

Continues

1699671161157.png

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WCYB) — 21-year-old Layla Santanello has been missing since June and when her mom Jennifer found out another woman went missing in Kingsport, she said she was devastated.

19-year-old Hollynn Snapp was last seen on October 15th and less than 2 1/2 miles away from where Layla was seen last.

Hollynn is 4’8” tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Layla is 4'10 tall and weighs approximately 135 pounds. with blonde hair and brown eyes.

Jennifer said through social media she found out Layla and Hollynn had similar friends.

“We don't have any confirmation that they knew each other but apparently they did run around in some of the same circles,” added Hunt.

Community Search & Vigil held on 11 November:

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
“Layla was spiraling down,” Zeitler said of the weeks before the mom disappeared.

“All of this revolves around drugs,” she insisted

Two weeks before her last sighting, Santanello lost temporary custody of her two-year-old daughter to her mother, Jennifer Santanello, Zeitler told The Post.

The next family court appearance was set for June 28 – two days after Zeitler and Santanello’s father reported the young woman missing to police.
Layla Santonello.
Thanks to a private investigator, she explained, Santonello’s father and stepmother believe her last whereabouts may have been near the Americourt motel, where Santonello is believed to have stayed after couch-surfing with friends before she vanished.

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Santonello was in the process of separating from her boyfriend, Zeitler said.
Layla Santonello (left) lost custody of her young daughter a couple weeks before she was last seen.

Addiction is so devastating and scary, whether you’re going through it yourself or someone you love is struggling. Layla is beautiful and she has people who care about her and want to see her safe and doing well. I really hope she’s able to come home soon to start healing.

I don’t know if this area tends to see a lot of snow further into winter, but temperatures are going to be pretty mild over the next 10 days (40s-50s). Maybe they could organize another search before Christmas. Hopefully they’re also checking nearby homeless communities, if Layla is still alive (sorry, I know that sounds harsh but I don’t know another way to put it) then IMO it’s unlikely she’s been alone or just wandering this whole time.

On June 25, Layla Santanello’s boyfriend alerted her mother that she had left, and he didn’t know where she had gone.

Two days later in the early morning hours, Layla Santanello was spotted at the Americourt Hotel in Kingsport. Hotel workers reported that she had raised a ruckus, knocking on doors and looking for someone. Jennifer Santanello says Layla left and ended up sleeping at a homeless encampment in the woods behind the hotel.

Private investigator Steve Fisher noted that Layla Santanello was later seen disheveled at the Marble Slab Creamery, expressing concern about her well-being. Layla Santanello never reached her destination at a nearby store and has not been seen or heard from since.

Jennifer Santanello said that her daughter had been struggling with addiction, specifically to fentanyl, and had been refusing treatment. Despite her mother’s concern and efforts, Layla Santanello, a “brand new addict,” believed she could control the situation

Less than four months later, another young woman, Hollynn Snapp, 19, went missing from a residence nearby.

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) — A man is facing charges after posing as a missing Kingsport woman, according to police.

Kingsport police officers arrested Michael David Thompson, 21, of Kingsport, on Monday.

Thompson posed as Layla Santanello, who has been missing since June of 2023, and sent CashApp requests to several of her family members and friends after she was reported missing, according to the Kingsport Police Department.

(Her family told a media source that Thompson was Layla's boyfriend at the time she went missing, but authorities say that there is no evidence to suggest that he was involved in her disappearance.)

VERY important!!

Q: Was Layla last seen at Marble Slab?
A: No. Early in the investigation, Detectives and Agents believed she was last seen at Marble Slab based on several witness statements. Detectives and Agents followed the lead and eventually learned that the woman who was seen at Marble Slab was not Layla. They confirmed that information through phone records as well as identifying the woman and interviewing her.
Q: Where was Layla last seen?
A: Layla was last seen on June 27, 2023, at approximately 6:15 am, in a field next to Americourt (1900 American Way, Kingsport, TN).

VERY important!!

Q: Was Layla last seen at Marble Slab?
A: No. Early in the investigation, Detectives and Agents believed she was last seen at Marble Slab based on several witness statements. Detectives and Agents followed the lead and eventually learned that the woman who was seen at Marble Slab was not Layla. They confirmed that information through phone records as well as identifying the woman and interviewing her.
Q: Where was Layla last seen?
A: Layla was last seen on June 27, 2023, at approximately 6:15 am, in a field next to Americourt (1900 American Way, Kingsport, TN).
So then the last people to see her were the workers. I am curious how those interviews went. I still think MT is sus AF though.

Well, just how about this. Oh, my, and SMH.
I just got here, so it'll take a bit of time for me to catch up on all of this. It's a sad situation, IMO. At least at this point.
I just don't know what to say. :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back