TN TN - Layla Santanello, 20, Kingsport, 27 June 2023

Knox

Reaction score
1688177512532.png

(WCYB) — Police in Kingsport, Tennessee are asking for the public's assistance in finding a missing woman.

Layla Santanello, 20, is 4'11' tall and weighs 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Police say family members of Santanello are concerned for her welfare.

KPD E-NEWS RELEASE: KINGSPORT POLICE ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE MISSING WOMAN​

Kingsport Police Department

Dale Phipps, Chief of Police
200 Shelby Street • Kingsport, TN 37660
http://KingsportTN.gov/City-Services/Police-Departmentwww.KingsportPDBlog.com

NEWS RELEASE
SUBJECT:Kingsport Police Attempting to Locate Missing Woman
DATE:June 27, 2023
CASE #:23-012961
GENERAL NARRATIVE
On June 27, 2023 Layla Santanello was reported missing to the Kingsport Police Department by a family member who was unsure of her whereabouts and concerned for her welfare.

Layla is a 20 year old white female adult with brown hair and brown eyes. She is approximately 4 feet 10 inches tall and weighs roughly 150 pounds. Her photograph is included in this release.
Anyone who sees her, or may potentially know her current location, is asked to contact the K.P.D. Criminal Investigations Division at 423-229-9429 or call Kingsport Central Dispatch at 423-246-9111.
Alternatively, if an individual who is able to supply information related to this or any other case wishes not to be identified, tips can be submitted anonymously via online “Citizen Feedback” forms available at the following link:
Contact the Police Department – Kingsport, TN
MISSING PERSON INFORMATION
NameLayla Santanello
Age20 Years of Age
Gender/RaceFemale/White
Height/

Weight
4 feet 10 inches

150 pounds
Hair/EyesBrown hair

Brown eyes
ResidencyKingsport, TN

RELEASING OFFICER
Thomas M. Patton, Public Information Officer

Kingsport Police Department Professional Standards Unit
423-229-9433 (Desk) • 423-343-9749 (FAX)
ThomasMPatton

there's no way she's 150 lbs. unless she's gained a significant amount since the playground pictures on her FB
The picture is likely old or they have the weight wrong. At 4 10 and 150 pounds medically she'd be considered "obese. I lost 65 pounds a few years ago, gained when I hit middle age and my metabolism moved to Aruba, and didn't write. I guarantee there were no pictures of me at the heavier weight anywhere. Sometimes an older photo is all the family may have.

The picture is likely old or they have the weight wrong. At 4 10 and 150 pounds medically she'd be considered "obese. I lost 65 pounds a few years ago, gained when I hit middle age and my metabolism moved to Aruba, and didn't write. I guarantee there were no pictures of me at the heavier weight anywhere. Sometimes an older photo is all the family may have.

(oh yes I know all about the middle-age weight gain)
maybe they meant 105 lbs.

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) has issued an Endangered Young Adult Alert for a missing 20-year-old from Kingsport.
layla-santanello-2.png

The alert for Santanello was issued in accordance with the Holly Bobo Act.

Layla was last seen June 26 in the vicinity of the American Way Hotel in Kingsport. She was reported missing by her father in New Jersey

A Kingsport woman has been missing for more than a month and there are still no answers.

Layla Santanello, 20, was last seen in Kingsport on June 27.

“She’s 21 today,” said Jennifer Santanello, Layla’s mother. “You know, she’s supposed to be excited about having her first beer at a bar, not, you know, nowhere to be found.”

“I really was feeling like there wasn’t getting to be enough attention,” said Santanello. “I want to get her face out there, I want people looking for her, people to understand her stories and know it.”

“I am so grateful for my community and my support systems and everyone who has shared and cared and asked questions and left comments, and everyone talking about her,” said Santanello.

“I just want to keep pushing the story and keep pushing her face,” said Santanello. “And we are going to be wearing T-shirts. I just want to find my baby. I just want to bring her home.”

August 9, 2023 article -

[…]

In a release, the Kingsport Police Department said Santanello was last seen at the East Stone Commons shopping center around noon on June 27, the same day she was reported missing by a family member.

[…]

64cc0f5348a62.image.jpg

Lt. Justin McConnell with KPD said officers have conducted previous searches, but KPD decided it was time to sweep a larger area.

“It’s one of those things where the area has been searched, but to this extent of a search, we felt like it was time to cover that base as well,” McConnell said.

Due to the rough terrain, search crews utilized specialized tools, including drones and underwater sonar. They also had canine dogs on site to aid in the search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back