TN TN - Linda 'Kay' Sanders, 16, Sullivan County, March 1964

Linda Kay Sanders​

... went missing in May 1964 at just 16 years old, according to NamUs. According to the profile, her brother says she went missing from her residence that May after she left her home in Kingsport and was never heard from again.

The report on her disappearance was discovered while reviewing cold case files at a law enforcement department, NamUs says. No photos were attached to her profile.

If found today, Sanders would be 75 years old. When she went missing, she was five feet tall and 110 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

LINK:

I did find a yearbook photo from Kingsport in 1963, but I'm not sure if it's Linda. Not sure if I should post it out of respect just in case it isn't the missing Linda Sanders.

I did find a yearbook photo from Kingsport in 1963, but I'm not sure if it's Linda. Not sure if I should post it out of respect just in case it isn't the missing Linda Sanders.
I found this photo as well - I'm not super confident it's her.

Here’s the second page from the article SimsGuy clipped. It mentions that the family was able to trace her to Knoxville, where she went with a high school friend , and then to Peoria, IL with another friend. Trail goes cold after that.

Attachments

• clipping_132601014.pdf
    382.7 KB · Views: 2
Not HopeRains but here's a clipping! There's a photo and an age progression.

In all honesty, she does look like that yearbook photo from Kingsport.
Screen Shot 2023-09-28 at 10.44.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-09-28 at 10.44.57 PM.pngI'd say it's probably the same Linda Sanders

I haven’t checked out this thread since I originally posted on it back in 2017. I’m glad we have pictures of Linda, but I do wish we knew whether or not she wanted to start a new life or if she met with foul play. She deserves justice if it was the latter. And so, so weird that two random accounts said she was safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back