Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTBLEEP?

I'd like to know which states because I was under the impression it was 18+ everywhere.

Younger can marry with parental consent. Additional exceptions are where a judge permits it.

Not to mention with him being 50 and her appearing as young as she truly is any clerk would be requesting additional information before issuing a marriage license. In his case likely proving he's never been married or showing proof of divorce.

I can't see it being as simple as the two of them just walking in and getting married anywhere in the U.S..

I officiate weddings and can assure you I would not marry this couple and no clerk of court would provide them with a license to get married. In Alabama, a person under the age of 16 is incapable of contracting marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mod Note

The topic of this thread is Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas - a missing child who is in the company of armed man who has a warrant out for his arrest for sexual contact with a minor.

This is not the place to debate the criteria for an Amber Alert and whether or not you think this case warrants one.

Mary Catherine Elizabeth is a minor child, and she is in danger.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

We have no way of knowing if he abducted her or if she got into the car willingly right now But either way, they must be located immediately.
I believe by definition, this is an abduction. She is a minor. He is an adult who does not have legal guardianship over her.

I suppose the two criteria that could be questioned here are:
  1. Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.
  2. The child must be at risk of serious injury or death.

I'm not saying those don't apply here. Just seems questionable to me given what we do know.
How is this questionable?? Both of these criteria have been met!

I just​ saw her Instagram and wanted to cry. This poor girl seems to have low self esteem and is crying out for attention.
As an adult, he should've known better. He should've known that she was off limits.

I would totally understand if they where only 6 years apart or something but he's old enough to be her grandfather.

When I was in school, it was rumored that a certain girl had eyes for a male teacher. It was his first year as a teacher, I guess they where like 10 years apart.
To make a long story short, they're married now. He waited until she graduated and married her. So I know these things do happen and see where the poster was going with the"in love" thing but the age difference is just too vast. He's a sick man and needs to be caught.

Did you see his? It's like a love letter to I assume her

Been following this closely since the AA went off yesterday at 6pm in Middle TN. I hope this girl is returned safe to her family. He's a desperate man with nothing left to lose and possibly has weapons? Please let her come home safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Why takes guns if this is simply (gagging) a romantic love story. She is 15. No. Just. No. Moo.

Why takes guns if this is simply (gagging) a romantic love story. She is 15. No. Just. No. Moo.

Because he knew it was wrong and that he was going to be hunted.

Ugh! This guy with his religious posts, photos of his wife and grand baby. What a hypocrite he is. Makes me sick. Well, his cover is blown now and he will be caught.

Absolutely gives me the creeps.

When I was 18 I had a relationship with my teacher (10 years my senior). I feel like there's a large difference between 15 and 18.

I had to register to comment, I sometimes lurk but can't keep up.

I'm actually from this area. The majority of my friends are still in the area so it's been all over FB. I also lived in the same neighborhood as the family when I was growing up and used to play with his 2 daughters.

What I am hearing from the local people is that everyone heard including some parents about the kissing incident but it wasn't reported right away because no one believed it. Everyone truly believed he was a great man, someone you would want your kid to go to in a bad situation not someone you would have to keep them away from. The whole family is/ seems just genuinely good and nice. It's such a small community.

His wife is on the board of education and apparently tried to cover it up or keep it quiet out of embarrassment when the suspension began last month. Small town, people talk.

I feel bad for his kids and grandkids, he has school age grandkids, who I believe go to that school.

Cases like this make me physically ill. It is abuse on every level - there is nothing similar about a 15 and 19 year old running off together and a 50 year old married teacher running off with a 15 year old student he has had sexual contact with. I am heartbroken for his family and hope this girl is located safe!

I'm so disgusted by this. I have been dissecting both of their instagram accounts and have noticed that they are both using #love on a HUGE PERCENTAGE of their recent posts (which I'm taking as a way of secretly communicating with each other.) Sickening.

Cases like this make me physically ill. It is abuse on every level - there is nothing similar about a 15 and 19 year old running off together and a 50 year old married teacher running off with a 15 year old student he has had sexual contact with. I am heartbroken for his family and hope this girl is located safe!
SABBM

So, they had a sexual relationship ?
Isn't that grounds for arrest, given her age ?
What a horrible monster he is !!

Off-topic : Charles Manson brainwashed young women and teen females, as well. I see no difference in what this man has done.
:moo:

I'm so disgusted by this. I have been dissecting both of their instagram accounts and have noticed that they are both using #love on a HUGE PERCENTAGE of their recent posts (which I'm taking as a way of secretly communicating with each other.) Sickening.

RSBM

Sorry , off-topic : But I just love your avatar, pugmom ! My best friend has one and we've thought about getting one, too. Hers is too cute for words !

RSBM

Sorry , off-topic : But I just love your avatar, pugmom ! My best friend has one and we've thought about getting one, too. Hers is too cute for words !

Thanks! He's my "middle child"....my eldest is a shih-tzu and my youngest is a person....haha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member