Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another odd thing (to me) I looked at IG pages of the ppl (mostly high school kids) who "liked" tads posts....and none of them not one I could see shared the missing post for Elizabeth and Tad-if they were friendly with him and/or her...why wouldn't they share the missing alert on their page?

He can't hide forever. This poor girl may have willingly went but I'm sure she would want to go home by now. This isn't the paradise he tricked her into believing it would be. She's been abused and neglected so this child was easy prey for him to manipulate. It's going to take years and years for her to work past this. She was abused and neglected by the mother. She may feel resentment towards the father for not stopping that abuse sooner. ( Reports stated he worked long hours to provide for his family so he may not have known and I'm not blaming him. Just guessing at how she may be feeling) She was denied a proper education until recently ( Kat confirmed that her homeschooling wasn't proper and that she was not given a good education at home. Im paraphrasing so take it as you will ) and then was bullied and picked on when she finally entered public school. Then was groomed by TC and eventually tricked into this mess.

This young girl deserves so much better. I hope she is found soon so the healing can begin. She deserves to have a normal teen life, things like getting her first car or going to prom . She is going to need much love and support to work through this disaster.

What if they've left the US and that's why there have been no more sightings? I wonder what else they learned from the parking lot video in OKC, if anything. I'm curious if they are still in that Rogue. I can't believe they are at this point.

RBBM

One thing that immediately comes to mind is that, if they can get good video of the car in the lot, they might be able to see if the car is crammed full of gear. I tried to look for that in the gas station video, but it was hopeless.

All I can say at this point is I am so worried. No recent sightings and he has guns.

I totally agree, Bravo. Him having guns really bothers me.
I just hope if desperation sets in, he doesn't take her with him.

If they aren't in the Rogue, wouldn't LE want to let people know so they aren't on the lookout for the wrong vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They wouldn't even need the NSA, the platform itself could provide that information to LE with a subpoena.
When I was in college we did an exercise where we where asked to read the fine print for a few businesses and see what we felt it meant. ( It wasn't online then, we had the actual documents lol!) And since then I read the fine print for anything I sign up for. Its there, if your looking for it on most SM platforms

IMO, that was a very good class.

If they aren't in the Rogue, wouldn't LE want to let people know so they aren't on the lookout for the wrong vehicle.

If LE isn't able to spot the Rogue in the parking lot, I'm not sure how any other random vehicle would stick out to them. Unless they spotted his plates on a different vehicle, but imo, the plates would be a bigger concern to him than the vehicle itself. There are lots of silver Nissan Rogues, but a TN plate matching his numbers is an immediate give away. I would be shocked if he hadn't already stolen new plates, regardless of what he's driving.

Just tossing out random thoughts on the fly this morning before I head out into town. :seeya:

Think it's time for me to take a break until there is a another sighting. All this back and forth about Mexico, marriage, bathing suits etc is just circular for me. I have read ever post and do have one question.. "if" they did go back for the bag at shoneys do you think that was before Decatur or after? Did they leave Columbia for OKC or AL? Not sure it matters just wondering what others think.
IMO I still believe they are not far possibly double back from okc. I do not believe he was very prepared or would not have been to walmart 2 days out (personally I can live without just about anything to not go to a Walmart ever lol) I don't believe they are in Mexico or would have headed straight for border before alerts were even out. I don't think we will get answers to several questions that would help us ..such as why did wife report him missing so quickly? What were they driving at Walmart (I think they are still in same car fwiw) what did they purchase? As far as marriage to me doesn't matter if done illegally illegal things/papers can be gotten anywhere w right connections. I don't think he has those connections. As for they girl saying they headed west had help etc I take that w a grain of salt as well.
Interested in when you think bag was retrieved and when or if it even was.

If LE isn't able to spot the Rogue in the parking lot, I'm not sure how any other random vehicle would stick out to them. Unless they spotted his plates on a different vehicle, but imo, the plates would be a bigger concern to him than the vehicle itself. There are lots of silver Nissan Rogues, but a TN plate matching his numbers is an immediate give away. I would be shocked if he hadn't already stolen new plates, regardless of what he's driving.

Just tossing out random thoughts on the fly this morning before I head out into town. :seeya:

Other vehicles would stand out if the suspect and victim got out of the vehicle. If there is video, it will show the general area where they walked from.

The way IG works, my follower count changes by one or two several times per week even if I don't even sign in.

There are several reasons for this. One is because I may have followed someone previously, but they made their account inactive (thus didn't show as my follower) but then came back online days later etc.

Qft
Yes just because the numbers of followers change does not mean they have logged in to their accounts. People see the numbers change and instantly assume she's been online and that isn't necessarily true at all. How many times have we saw here on WS where the numbers of followers changes on a suspects sm account and everyone starts posting stuff like" call that tip into the FBI!" When in reality it is likely meaningless and shows the ppl don't really understand how that specific platform works.

Other vehicles would stand out if the suspect and victim got out of the vehicle. If there is video, it will show the general area where they walked from.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Many interesting thoughts from all who have posted here.

IMO, wherever these two are, they are just one step away from being spotted by a concerned citizen or LE officer that will bring this lamentable odyssey to a conclusion. They don't have much money, they are overexposed in the media, and they are probably exhausted and hungry. It's only a matter of time before Tad is arrested and Elizabeth is released.

Sadly, there are prior examples that suggest this could take awhile. Elizabeth Smart wasn't found for nine months--and was within 20 miles of her home when she was found.

I think Tad and Elizabeth are in the US, barely scraping by, and are just shy of being exposed, every minute in every hour of every day.

We were in Asheville, NC, yesterday at Biltmore, out to eat, and at a go-kart/arcade venue. I did an experiment looking for people that resembled TC and ET. I could have called in tips about 2-3 times an hour and been wrong every time. And convinced myself I was absolutely right. Hard way to track down someone that way.

We were in Asheville, NC, yesterday at Biltmore, out to eat, and at a go-kart/arcade venue. I did an experiment looking for people that resembled TC and ET. I could have called in tips about 2-3 times an hour and been wrong every time. And convinced myself I was absolutely right. Hard way to track down someone that way.

I did the same thing, I was sitting at the Philadelphia airport ( I don't believe they are traveling by airplanes, he's dumb but not that stupid) and couldn't help but to examine every older man walking with a younger lady.
I quickly realized how well they really could blend into a crowd. Everyday fathers travel around with their daughters, it's not uncommon at all. Everyday fathers buy their daughters clothes or personal products, it's not uncommon at all.

It goes to show just how vigilant we must be here if we want her found. We must spread her picture around as much as possible.

Does anyone have the link handy that someone did all the tweets and Instagrams in a shareable file on the internet for us?

If somebody could repost that, much appreciated.

:tyou:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but we have a similar case in Canada unfolding. Sadly not as much media attention.
Here is WS thread

Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, missing w/53 yr old man, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=334159&share_type=t

This is bugging me. We have two very similar cases. Could these men have found each other while researching? I looked for an online imprint of the canadian man and couldn't find any, so I doubt they would know each other. But we need to keep it as still possible.
The canadian case is not getting the attention it needs. Please share to your SM pages. Let's get this out there.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I would really like to know exactly what they bought at Wal-Mart. This would tell us how prepared/unprepared he was. Also if they are camping or have other accommodations. I believe it is imperative that LE share this info. They have in the past and it made a huge difference.

I would really like to know exactly what they bought at Wal-Mart. This would tell us how prepared/unprepared he was. Also if they are camping or have other accommodations. I believe it is imperative that LE share this info. They have in the past and it made a huge difference.

I agree it would give us some clues, but if we find out he didn't load up on camping gear at the OK stop, we still can't exclude that.

He could have had the vehicle packed with camping supplies and non-perishable food ahead of time but be stopping for any number of other things: new hair dye, feminine products, snacks for the roadtrip...

Think it's time for me to take a break until there is a another sighting. All this back and forth about Mexico, marriage, bathing suits etc is just circular for me. I have read ever post and do have one question.. "if" they did go back for the bag at shoneys do you think that was before Decatur or after? Did they leave Columbia for OKC or AL? Not sure it matters just wondering what others think.
IMO I still believe they are not far possibly double back from okc. I do not believe he was very prepared or would not have been to walmart 2 days out (personally I can live without just about anything to not go to a Walmart ever lol) I don't believe they are in Mexico or would have headed straight for border before alerts were even out. I don't think we will get answers to several questions that would help us ..such as why did wife report him missing so quickly? What were they driving at Walmart (I think they are still in same car fwiw) what did they purchase? As far as marriage to me doesn't matter if done illegally illegal things/papers can be gotten anywhere w right connections. I don't think he has those connections. As for they girl saying they headed west had help etc I take that w a grain of salt as well.
Interested in when you think bag was retrieved and when or if it even was.

Thank you for your post because even though you would like to take a break, I am new to this case and I did not know about a bag being left at Shoney's. I have not read all the posts and I appreciate this recap, even though you may not have meant it to be one.

I don't see this as a good ending. I think maybe in time, she will be "freed", if you will, or let go, or be found alive, but I feel he will go down with the ship. He might be killed, or want to be, and when all is said and done, he might not be alive.
I think this is all so sad.

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members