Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paraphrasing from press conference:?(q&a) Take into consideration well planned kidnapping. Not uncommon that they can go off radar and may take a while to capture. LE currently is not looking into situation regarding school district. Family has retained council. Once ET & TC located he'll be happy to address school but not concerned now and it's a secondary issue right now. Because draft emails vs sent they are not time/date stamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG are they seriously thinking they are still using the same car? COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN

I think he ditched that car within the first 36-48 hours.

ETA- So glad the director emphasized so strongly that this is not a romance!.

Paraphrasing from press conference:?(q&a) Take into consideration well planned kidnapping. Not uncommon that they can go off radar and may take a while to capture. LE currently is not looking into situation regarding school district. Family has retained council. Once ET & TC located he'll be happy to address school but not concerned now and it's a secondary issue right now. Because draft emails vs sent they are not time/date stamped.

I'm glad they are looking at the school district because it needs to be looked into. I hope the family will still get their lawyer to write to the state board of education about this. Those teachers are ill equipped to have that position from all I have seen.

Not aware of any supplies he purchased in advance. would have been cash purchase and they're not aware of that
Paraphrasing from PC

I am still thinking that he had plenty of time to prep for items so that they could get away and not have to be in public eye for some time. I still feel that he is close to the area and somewhere in a cabin like structure. JUST MOO.

I think he ditched that car within the first 36-48 hours.

ETA- So glad the director emphasized so strongly that this is not a romance!.
I'm not sure, I'm guessing he had the tracking disabled. He could legally do that with no problem.

There was one that was giving TC too much benefit of the doubt for a while a few threads back.

Benefit of the doubt? In terms of what? It's an established fact that he's a 50 year old man who took off with a child. Are you saying anyone here doubted that?

I'm confused.

If it was a 15 yr old caught kissing a 19 yr old, I might understand using the word romance. But this is far from that. It's a 50 yr old man who groomed an abused girl. Nothing romantic about that at all.

Benefit of the doubt? In terms of what? It's an established fact that he's a 50 year old man who took off with a child. Are you saying anyone here doubted that?

I'm confused.
Yeah one person was thinking for a while that it was more of TC not grooming her and him not being a perverted pedophile, but more of a confused trying to help person. They finally said they came to a different conclusion. I think that happened when the email info was released.

I wish somebody would ask questions about how the vehicle is being sought. Are they trying to track it with Nissanconnect? Is there a possibility that could have been disconnected? If it's not able to be disconnected, does locating it require that the key is in the ignition? Does it just require that the battery be connected to it? Looking at Nissan's information on it, it appears that Nissan runs tracking for 14 days and will extend that time if requested.

If it was a 15 yr old caught kissing a 19 yr old, I might understand using the word romance. But this is far from that. It's a 50 yr old man who groomed an abused girl. Nothing romantic about that at all.
I've seen several people, even adults, commenting on social media that "love doesn't know an age" and "the heart wants what it wants" and they don't see a problem if it was a romance. They think a 15 year old is mature enough to make that decision.

There was one that was giving TC too much benefit of the doubt for a while a few threads back.

Yes there was... because dontchaknow TC is a teacher who made mistakes but haz feelingz. DAfuk....

For those wondering why people are supporting TC, my guess is he has always put a very caring, community oriented front to everyone and they feel like they really know him and probably ET has gotten too close and he is a good guy just trying to help her out of a bad situation.

When you really think you know someone and they do something so out of character, if you are close to the situation, it can be hard to see the cold hard facts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You have described the likely situation well.

They support the person they have known as a friend and colleague but do not support his actions.

The above is my opinion only.

I know The TBI/FBI can not release too much information. And I am sure that when the media asks questions they are asking questions that can probably be answered so they have a story. But I feel like there are so many questions that could have been asked that I have been wanting answers to and none were asked! I'm glad they did a press conference but there was absolutely no information in there that we dont already know.

Well I was hoping the presser was going to have some good info.

I missed most of it. Did anyone say anything about making the AA for all states or why they weren't doing that?

There have been about 1,100 tips but no credible sightings. Law enforcement across the country continue to follow up on leads. but so far, none have been founded.

TBI officials are cautioning the public on "victim blaming" in this case and say that it was a well thought out kidnapping.

125d3142-f423-42b5-9d8f-7414008e063b-large16x9_AmberAlert.JPG

http://fox17.com/news/local/tbi-amber-alert-is-not-a-romance-its-a-kidnapping-still-no-sightings

Well I was hoping the presser was going to have some good info.

I missed most of it. Did anyone say anything about making the AA for all states or why they weren't doing that?

I did not hear it mentioned. I guess I could have missed it though.

People who were friends of his and or admired him have a dilemma...............if they can blame the child, they don't feel contaminated by his crime and don't feel like the enablers that they are. If they face the reality of his deception, they feel complicit. There is NO WAY that his behavior was not noticed. But everyone kept looking away. SHAMEFUL. JMO

If TC decided to go West it will be a while before they're found....it's like they are not even considering that to be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix