Deceased/Not Found TN - Nichole Burgess, 36, Hermitage, 23 May 2014 *C. Cannon guilty*

Oh wow! That is really disturbing! Have there been any other cases on WS involving 2 victims with such similarities?

What do y'all think about starting a thread for the other Niki Burgess?
It might be confusing...with them having the same name but I would like to know more about the circumstances of her death and hope that her killer is caught.

I think it's proper to discuss them both since it's relevant, but maybe if we put (TN) and (MD) after their names when we mention them, perhaps it'll be less confusing.

At least Roger Burgess of Tullahoma, TN was found safe.

Just a side note the State Psychiatric hospital for middle TN is nearby. They have units for the criminally insane. Not much chance they'd be driving a car though. I used to live and work in this area.

I found another case about a person by that name and that was a case of murder. The age was about the same too.

Providing links to both cases:
'. . .Investigators in Nashville, Tenn., believe foul play led to the disappearance of a 37-year-old mother.
Nichole Burgess was last seen May 23. Police were called to her home after a friend of Burgess' said she received a disturbing text from her.
Police found her purse in her car and her two dogs unattended, officials said. They haven't released what the text message said.
Friends say Burgess would never leave her dogs alone for a long period of time. She also had a 10-year-old son, who was staying at his father's when she disappeared. . .'
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...isappears-150550053--abc-news-topstories.html

2nd case:
'. . .
Nicole Burgess' death was ruled a homicide after an autopsy determined she was stabbed to death. Her body was found inside a home in the 3300 block of Royale Glen Court on March 22.
A dog found dead at the scene also died from several stab wounds, police say.
Investigators say it is unclear whether Burgess' death was random or if she was targeted. . . .'
(bolded by me)
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/03/nicole-burgess-death-ruled-a-homicide--86896.html

'. . . Police would only say Burgess, 37, had trauma to her upper body.. . .'
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/03/woman-found-dead-in-davidsonville-home-86579.html

This all makes me wonder if someone is targeting people of that name and age for some reason.

I don't usually think like that about cases but this is an odd coincidence.

Very odd! I think it probably is a coincidence, but wow, that's weird.

This is more info on the second victim from Maryland. Note: Both girls were known as Nicki to their friends. The victim from Maryland went missing almost 2 months to the day before the girl in Nashville vanished. They were both 37 years old. Both had dogs.

Police are no closer to finding out who killed Nicole Burgess–or why.
A “No Trespassing” sign is now prominently displayed in front of the house that belonged to 37-year-old Nicole Burgess, known to her friends as Nicki. On March 22, acquaintances discovered her and her dog dead inside the home located toward the end of Royale Glen Court in the quiet, upscale Davidsonville neighborhood. Autopsy results showed she and her pet pit bull were both stabbed to death.

Bolded and snipped by me.

I think the fact that a pit bull was stabbed to death points to a known attacker. Not to be stereotypical about the breed, but an unknown intruder likely would have had to deal with an angry pit bull....stab it first, and you don't have to deal with it. JMO

Just saw on this page in the comments where the video from GMA is posted that she will be featured on Jane Velez Mitchell's show tonight. A staff member was wanting to talk with friends or a family member and to contact them.

According to the GMA report, there was a strange text message sent to a friend that brought about concerned. Her boyfriend said she was suppose to be going to see him but never showed up.

Hermitage woman missing, Foul play suspected

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25646010/hermitage-woman-missing-foul-play-suspected

She was last heard from two days earlier, on the afternoon of Friday, May 23, when she sent a text message to a friend.

The friend, Stevie Blainey, reported her missing two days later because she did not hear from her again and “felt like something was off” because the two typically spoke several times a day.

Burgess’ boyfriend, Jay Henry, last spoke with Burgess on the afternoon of May 23.

“I personally talked with Nikki at around 1:50 p.m. last Friday afternoon. She was planning to leave Nashville and head to Sparta and Crossville within the hour. That was the last contact I had with this wonderful, beautiful lady,” Henry told News 2.

Just saw on this page in the comments where the video from GMA is posted that she will be featured on Jane Velez Mitchell's show tonight. A staff member was wanting to talk with friends or a family member and to contact them.

According to the GMA report, there was a strange text message sent to a friend that brought about concerned. Her boyfriend said she was suppose to be going to see him but never showed up.

Nancy Grace is discussing this on her facebook page. I hope she is featuring this story on her show tonight. I'm not sure how to post the link to the video. ?? Maybe someone can email me with instruction. I have the youtube address but I don't know if we can even post from youtube. I RARELY post here but I am here all the time. So I need to reread the rules, ect!! :tantrum:

Jane Velez Mitchell is talking about the case right now.

ETA: Friend says "someone in her life" put pressure on Nikki to withdraw from social media, be less publicly visible (totally paraphrasing here). Thinks current BF may live in Sparta.

Had a restraining order against an ex-boyfrend. Direct quote: "In those situations, I think that you end up filing for a restraining order even when you don't want to, when you know it's in your best interest and the best interest of the people around you."

Still no idea what the mysterious text said.

Show transcripts are usually available early the next AM.

And the neighbors noticed the unusual car but the dogs didn't alert? Mine alert when the ducks from next door wander on the street & we live in an area where the houses are at least 2-3 acres apart from each other.

Coming up on Nancy Grace shortly, for better or worse. Such an impressive ability to mangle the facts of a case. :facepalm:

ETA: Nikki's neighbor talking about mystery car in driveway. Car was still there at 7pm, backed all the way up to the steps. When did he first see it?

She has a fetlife account to, which is an account that is in the BDSM community. As per Find Nikki Burgess fb page.

Coming up on Nancy Grace shortly, for better or worse. Such an impressive ability to mangle the facts of a case. :facepalm:

ETA: Nikki's neighbor talking about mystery car in driveway. Car was still there at 7pm, backed all the way up to the steps. When did he first see it?
Couldn't have said it better. My son uses her as a dart board.

She has a fetlife account to, which is an account that is in the BDSM community. As per Find Nikki Burgess fb page.
I'm sorry, I need a geriatric decoder ring. What does all of that mean? Didn't understand sentence. Too old.

Her boyfriend, who has been named in at least one article has some heartfelt messages on his facebook page, he also hinted that there was no text message..saying the media has messed up a lot of information, I really hope she is found soon, she is definitely loved by so many.

I'm sorry, I need a geriatric decoder ring. What does all of that mean? Didn't understand sentence. Too old.

fetlife, I would assume is short for fetish life and BDSM: An overlapping abbrevation of Bondage and Discipline (BD), Dominance and Submission (DS), Sadism and Masochism (SM)

I don't think we should judge her too much by this though, not that I've seen her site there...I think she was modeling in an "alternative" world, hopefully this has nothing to do with her being missing...even if it does, if harm found her, she has lots of people who care about her and a little boy missing his Mom...again, I have not looked at her page on that site.

Not judging her at all. Just saying that maybe she went and met a Dominant, and he was dangerous?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back