TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020 #2

Highly unlikely they used his nick name. LE has access to property records, motor vehicle tags and registration records all containing social security, DOB and legal name.

The only conviction AW had was in the 1970s for pot. Coming from the 70s myself, its not unusual. He was a law abiding citizen, owned property, paid taxes, had numerous vehicles, had a job..... until the bomb.

No, they had the right records, and nothing but a GFs word, "he said, he was making bombs". The attorney made clear, the GF, nor he saw no physical evidence.

Without evident, judges will not sign off on search warrants, Search warrants must meet a set of guidelines and this situation, did not. So unfortunate.

All...moo

I was mostly wondering if cops were only given his nickname so they didn't know to check for his legal name. There are plenty of people who are actually named Tony so it may not have occurred to them to check for his legal name.

I was mostly wondering if cops were only given his nickname so they didn't know to check for his legal name. There are plenty of people who are actually named Tony so it may not have occurred to them to check for his legal name.
They went to his house, they had his address, they could look up all the vehicle tag numbers, which would have his legal name. The vehicle tags would give LE, the legal, name, address, SS#, DOB and any criminal record.

LE is very efficient, they had the correct information. They contacted the FBI and the FBI turned up no suspicious activity.

Nope, moo....FBI/LE acted within the constraints of the law.

Moo....

SpyTalk:
Nashville’s Big Bomb Was a Very Rare Device, Experts Think
......Fire, flash and power signal a volatile fuel-air mix that even terrorists avoid

Find his test sites, top bomb experts say.

Anthony Quinn Warner’s device, although probably made of common over-the-counter components, is unique in the annals of mayhem, according to seasoned FBI bomb experts consulted by SpyTalk.

Great article and kinda got me to thinking....could the have used a 100% oxygen source like a welders tank to increase intensity of force.

I found the following....

Fuel-air explosiveedit | edit source
A fuel-air explosive (FAE) device consists of a container of fuel and two separate explosive charges. After the munition is dropped or fired, the first explosive charge bursts open the container at a predetermined height and disperses the fuel in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen (the size of the cloud varies with the size of the munition). The cloud of fuel flows around objects and into structures. The second charge then detonates the cloud, creating a massive blast wave. The blast wave destroys unreinforced buildings and equipment and kills and injures people. The antipersonnel effect of the blast wave is more severe in foxholes, on people with body armor, and in enclosed spaces such as caves, buildings, and bunkers.

Fuel-air explosives were first developed, and used in Vietnam, by the United States. Soviet scientists, however, quickly developed their own FAE weapons, which were reportedly used against China in the Sino-Soviet border conflict and in Afghanistan. Since then, research and development has continued and currently Russian forces field a wide array of third-generation FAE warheads.

Thermobaric weapon - Wikipedia

SpyTalk:
Nashville’s Big Bomb Was a Very Rare Device, Experts Think
......Fire, flash and power signal a volatile fuel-air mix that even terrorists avoid

Find his test sites, top bomb experts say.

Anthony Quinn Warner’s device, although probably made of common over-the-counter components, is unique in the annals of mayhem, according to seasoned FBI bomb experts consulted by SpyTalk.
According to the article, IF this was a fuel-air bomb, the bomber would have likely passed out from lack of oxygen before he could manually detonate the gas. He would have to use an automatic detonation device. So there is a chance that AQW was unconscious at the time the bomb went off.

If Nashville bomb is declared terrorism, business owners may have to pay out of pocket
''NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — For several days, there's been a debate over whether the Christmas Day suicide bombing that happened in downtown Nashville was an act of terrorism.

Many argue it is, but law enforcement has not made that official call.

Some business owners like Lior Rose of Nashville Ink, are hoping it stays that way.

The force from the bomb was so powerful, security camera video shows Rose's livelihood crumbling to the ground in just seconds. The 2nd Avenue tattoo parlor is located right next to the RV that exploded.''

''Rose is understandably concerned because he got a call Wednesday telling him that if Anthony Warner's attack is classified as terrorism, he won't get a dime because he doesn't have terrorism insurance''.

“If you're a business owner and you fall in that black hole where you don't have terrorism insurance, if this is declared to be an act of terrorism, that would mean they can't get their losses paid,” says Little.''

The Tennessee Titans have announced they will don helmet decals during their next Sunday game to honor Nashville's resilience following the Christmas Day bombing.

According to a Wednesday news release, the decal will include the text “615 Strong,” in a nod to the city's area code. The number six will be colored in Titans light blue to honor the six police officers who first responded and evacuated residents from the scene before the explosion.

The organization has joined a player-led effort with a donation to the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp.’s Music City, Inc. relief fund, which will assist those impacted by the bombing.
https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/article248196065.html

'I know what he is doing' says Anthony Warner's former girlfriend in chilling voice mail (to her attorney)

"I won't have hundreds, possibly thousands of lives on my soul and I will shoot him in the leg if I have to."

"I'm gonna call him and I'm gonna get him over here and I'm gonna record. Cause I don't have proof, but I know what he's doing and I'm afraid for my life."

According to the attorney, the ex-girlfriend knew exactly what happened the moment she saw news of the bombing downtown. After that, she called the FBI.

Last edited:
'I know what he is doing' says Anthony Warner's former girlfriend in chilling voice mail (to her attorney)

"I won't have hundreds, possibly thousands of lives on my soul and I will shoot him in the leg if I have to."

"I'm gonna call him and I'm gonna get him over here and I'm gonna record. Cause I don't have proof, but I know what he's doing and I'm afraid for my life."

According to the attorney, the ex-girlfriend knew exactly what happened the moment she saw news of the bombing downtown. After that, she called the FBI.

WOW.. It sounds she really tried to do all she could without putting her own life in danger. I can’t imagine the internal turmoil this woman has dealt with since 2019. It seems the article below could be referring to her, given the witness had a laptop owned by AQW about a year ago. Hopefully it assists them in learning more about motive, if he participated in any online forums, etc.

According to a federal law enforcement bulletin obtained by CBS News, the FBI found a note in Warner's house that led them to a witness. That witness told the FBI they spoke to Warner about a week before the bombing and that Warner gave the witness his car, saying he had cancer and did not need it anymore. Gloves and a beanie hat were found in that car, and DNA from those items was used to match Warner's DNA from the scene.

The FBI has a damaged hard drive it believes belonged to Warner that they are attempting to access. The witness who had Warner's car also had a laptop said to have been owned by Warner about a year ago.

Nashville bomber's remains found at scene of the blast, authorities say

To see how the Nashville PD handles other crimes and what they will and won’t do to “solve the case”, I can’t link from here but I’ll point to a report on newschannel5 from May 3, 2016 where this same agency had an officer who said he drove by a place and “SMELLED” marijuana. He went to lengths of checking out utility usage, staking out the place until the suspect left, stopped him, and got permission to search. The guy was arrested for a felony. But Tony Warner gets the velvet glove treatment because cops couldn’t smell his bomb making?

Any number of people could be preparing all manner of nefarious things in their homes, but without "probable cause" LE's hands are seemingly tied.

The incident I linked back a few pages about the man building explosives in his house, they couldn't investigate that either until a gardener was injured by an exploding device buried in the yard. That particular man had also been fired from his job, because he liked to blow things up at his desk! There was a questionable history.
He was buying all sorts of powders and stuff openly as well.

On one hand you have baseless warrants putting innocent residents in danger, on the other, there could be untold people plotting horrible acts that can't be properly investigated.

As for this ex girlfriend, I hope she's not named...and is safe somewhere away from media.
Sadly, she has been named by the media which I think is wrong. She acted on the info. I hope she's away too. Don't want her victimized again.

Investigators are scrutinizing whether Warner believed in multiple conspiracy theories after being told by some of the people they’ve interviewed that Warner believed that shape-shifting reptiles take on a human form to take over society and that he discussed taking trips to hunt aliens, the official said. Investigators have also been asking witnesses whether Warner may have believed in any conspiracies about 5G technology.
Police on report Nashville bomber was making explosives: 'Hindsight is 20/20'

Millionaire entrepreneur and Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis has launched a nonprofit and donated $500,000 of his own money to benefit businesses damaged or destroyed by the Christmas Day bombing in Nashville.

“I would like to get a list of every local business that got wiped out from the explosion in Nashville. We will work together to provide solutions as a group... and find the funds necessary to rebuild and reopen #NashvilleStrong please help me put this together,” he wrote Saturday in the first of a series of tweets about the explosion.

Hours later, Lemonis announced that he was taking steps to help local businesses by creating a team dedicated to “providing cash/funding, insurance and real estate guidance,” among other things, he wrote on Twitter. He later added that he would be putting his own money toward clean-up and reparation efforts.
Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis aids Nashville businesses hurt by bombing: with $500G donation and new nonprofit fund

Jeremy Jones, an attorney, poll watcher, absentee review panel member and vice president of the Catoosa County Republican Party, posted a false claim to social media, claiming that voting equipment was being shipped to AT&T in Nashville prior to the explosion.

"Because it is 2020, I immediately thought to myself, 'I wonder if this will be claimed to be a conspiracy related to the COVID vaccine, the election, or something new,'" he wrote in an email to the Times Free Press, titled "Birth of a Conspiracy," in which he claims his misinformation was a social experiment meant to combat false information.
Catoosa County elections official spawns viral conspiracy about Nashville bombing

“She has threatened to take her own life and she has also given me information about another resident of that part of Nashville I think also got some mental and emotional problems, who was allegedly building bomb in his house on Bakertown Road, which is right off of Antioch Pike,” Throckmorton told the dispatcher. “And I have reason to believe that there might actually be more truth to what she’s telling me about him than what she’s telling me about herself.”

A lot of people are wondering… Is the reason that this was closed as unfounded is because the suspect is a white man who didn’t fit what metro perceived to be a terrorist profile, is it because they did not believe the woman who reported these allegations?” said Nashville Attorney David Horwitz. “I think it’s really important we get to the bottom of these questions in order to be able to determine the scope of potential liability involved in this case.”

Horwitz added that a lawsuit would be very difficult against a government entity with so many clauses that protect them, but he said, “It’s not impossible.”

“If it had been about drugs or it’d been a 35-year-old Muslim man, would they have reacted differently to the idea?” Nashville Councilman At-Large Bob Mendes told News 2.
Could Metro Police be sued for negligence after 2019 tip of Nashville bomber? | WKRN News 2

Nashville police said on Wednesday that they did not have enough evidence to search the property of the man named as the Christmas Day bomber when they went to his house last year. Anthony Quinn Warner's girlfriend reportedly told police in August 2019 that he had talked about building bombs in an RV on his property. Nashville council member Zulfat Suara joins Amna Nawaz to discuss.

• Amna Nawaz:

Nashville police said today that they did not have enough evidence to search the property of the man named as the Christmas Day bomber when they went to his house last year.

Anthony Warner's girlfriend reportedly told police in August of 2019 that he talked about building bombs in an R.V., but, when no one answered the door, the officers left, even though an R.V. was parked on the site.

All that has raised questions in the community.

Zulfat Suara is a city councilwoman-at-large. And she joins me now.
    • Amna Nawaz:

Councilwoman Suara, welcome to the "NewsHour," and thanks for making the time.

So, this latest news we have now from Nashville police, they say they repeatedly tried to make contacts, but they couldn't with Mr. Warner, and that they didn't have probable cause to search his properties. What's your reaction to that?
    • Zulfat Suara:

That that is not good enough, because for myself and a lot of people in my community, if it had been a Black person or a Muslim person, that door would have been — they would have done something.

They would have found a warrant. And to know it is not just an MNPD, it was FBI that notified, and nothing was done, somebody dropped the ball.
    • Amna Nawaz:

Well, let me ask you about the way this is being talked about, because it was back on Sunday the FBI said they don't have enough evidence to call him a domestic terrorist. I know a lot of questions have been raised about why we haven't called it terrorism.

Police say he has no significant criminal record. There's no evidence of any kind of specific ideology driving his action. What do you make of the way authorities are presenting this right now?
    • Zulfat Suara:

I think he's not just the authorities, the media, is people generally, the citizens, it's that there is a double standard when it comes to how we react to things like this.

We had an unfortunate event in Chattanooga not too long ago, where a Muslim man shot some people. And the FBI called — FBI called it an act of terrorism immediately. They did peddle back and said they shouldn't have.

But what is upsetting is that we're not consistent. There is a double standard in how we treat crimes. And we should not. We should not. Regardless of the faith or the color of the perpetrator, it is the crime that we should focus on. And we should treat it all the same.
    • Amna Nawaz:

When it comes to the investigation now, which they say is ongoing, and they're searching for any possible motive they can find, what is it that you and other local Nashville leaders and residents there want to see happen next?
    • Zulfat Suara:

I would like to see the investigation lead to where we actually know what happened.

We need to make sure that we also look at, how do we stop something like this from happening again? We need to have a conversation about how do police deal with tips and things like that. And, for me, I'm hoping that this tragedy allows us to also have a conversation about what people in the Black and brown community has been talking about, which is the double standard.

And so I'm hoping that all of this, it's a tragedy, but I hope that we have the opportunity to start having a conversation on, how do we deal with this, how do we stay consistent, and how do the police, the government and all of us react to something like this?

I want to say that, if it's a Muslim, the backlash would have been on the community, will be on his mosque, his family. Somebody like myself would have received e-mail. And I'm not seeing that.

And why the hesitancy on the part of everybody is baffling. But I hope it's a learning opportunity for all of us as a community.
    • Amna Nawaz:

When you look at the images from that day, the sheer enormity of the blast is really breathtaking.

And we're fortunate that no one else was killed, and really largely due to the actions of the police that day. What has been the impact of that blast in Nashville? How have people that have been reacting?
    • Zulfat Suara:

It took out about 41 buildings, when you see the images. Thank God, nobody was killed. The businesses will have to rebuild.

And Nashville has been through a lot this year. We had a tornado. We're dealing with COVID. So, it's been — it's been a lot. But, as we talk about the tragedy, as we talk about our police, what police did a year ago, it is important for us to also make sure that we acknowledge the heroism of the officers that were on the ground, because, because of them, we were able to save a lot of lives.

And we should be able to acknowledge that. And I'm grateful that they did that and that we were able to save a lot of lives.
    • Amna Nawaz:

Councilwoman-at-Large in Nashville Zulfat Suara, thank you so much for making the time to be with us today.
    • Zulfat Suara:

Thank you for having me, and a happy new year to everyone.

Critics say Nashville police could have done more with tip about bomber
Nashville bombing spotlights vulnerable voice, data networks | WKRN News 2
It is totally unethical and stupid for someone to put misinformation out there as a social experiment. There are too many people that, for various reasons, latch on to those ideologies despite how insane they may sound. And then some make choices that may cause harm to others due to their misinformed beliefs.

The Tennessee Titans have announced they will don helmet decals during their next Sunday game to honor Nashville's resilience following the Christmas Day bombing.

According to a Wednesday news release, the decal will include the text “615 Strong,” in a nod to the city's area code. The number six will be colored in Titans light blue to honor the six police officers who first responded and evacuated residents from the scene before the explosion.

The organization has joined a player-led effort with a donation to the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp.’s Music City, Inc. relief fund, which will assist those impacted by the bombing.
https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/article248196065.html
What a wonderful gesture. The Tennessee Titans are to be commended for their support and awareness.

WOW.. It sounds she really tried to do all she could without putting her own life in danger. I can’t imagine the internal turmoil this woman has dealt with since 2019. It seems the article below could be referring to her, given the witness had a laptop owned by AQW about a year ago. Hopefully it assists them in learning more about motive, if he participated in any online forums, etc.

According to a federal law enforcement bulletin obtained by CBS News, the FBI found a note in Warner's house that led them to a witness. That witness told the FBI they spoke to Warner about a week before the bombing and that Warner gave the witness his car, saying he had cancer and did not need it anymore. Gloves and a beanie hat were found in that car, and DNA from those items was used to match Warner's DNA from the scene.

The FBI has a damaged hard drive it believes belonged to Warner that they are attempting to access. The witness who had Warner's car also had a laptop said to have been owned by Warner about a year ago.

I'm not sure if the witness who received AQW's car just a week prior to the bombing and also had his laptop was the ex who reported his bomb making. I got the impression from her attorney that she was deathly afraid of AQW and accused him of spying on her, trying to poison her, etc. If she knew how dangerous he was, surely she would be suspicious about his diagnosis. She claims she knew immediately that he was involved in the bombing. Anything is possible though. It appears that he had more friends/acquaintances/partners than a typical loner.

It isn’t just the business owners who need assistance. The employees of those companies — estimated to be between 1,000 and 2,000 people, according to the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp — need help, too. Both the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and the United Way of Greater Nashville work with other nonprofits to provide aid. That group is called the Nashville/Davidson County Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster, and includes The Salvation Army, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Conexión Americas and others.

Brian Hassett is president and CEO for the United Way of Greater Nashville. He says the idea of that coalition is that there is a central intake process. Just call 211 — yes, that number is up and working — and you’ll talk to someone who will take your info and share it with the right partner organizations. That will depend on the type of aid you need, be it immediate gifts cards (cash Visa or Kroger) to buy groceries or future rental assistance. They will walk you through what kind of documentation you need, such as a pay stub from an area business or an ID with your address. The line is staffed by United Way call-center workers who speak a number of languages.

This Friday, January 1, at 1 p.m. food and essential kits will be available at a “Nashville Strong” drive-thru event at the Community Resource Center, at 218 Omohundro Place. The essential boxes include items like hygiene products and diapers. In addition, Lutheran Disaster Response will be there for those who need on-site counseling.

“This Friday box of groceries isn’t going to get you very far, but we see it as a New Year’s Day act of support," says Amy Fair, vice president of donor services for the Community Foundation. "We are turning the page of 2020 all together."

If your office was in the affected area and what you need is a new place to work, check out the offer from Kenect: free co-working space, with parking, while you figure out what’s next. There are also deals on short-term apartment rentals. “Nashville is a strong, tight-knit community, and when disaster strikes, we come together to help one another, and that’s what Kenect is here to do,” says executive director Avi Niego.
Ways to Give and Get Help After the Christmas Day Bombing

Having experience working with MH patients that threaten, accuse others without proof, frequently call LE and are kind of hysterical/excited when mad or upset, puts LE in a difficult situation. Is this a vindictive GF, a person having a delusional episode, or a real threat. LE deals with these types of calls on a daily basis.

MOO.. Had the GF been calm, not threating to shoot AW, LE may/could have used her to record AW. The hysteria, threats doesn't lend well when giving a creditable tip.

The fact the GF was taken in for a mental health evaluation might question her credibility and if her statement would stand up in front of a judge to obtain a search warrant.

MOO....
Yes, she report it. Yes, LE followed up. Yes the FBI was notified and found no threat. Nope, they couldn't use the GF to obtain a search warranty, nope not when she was taken for a mental health episode, did not see a bomb or any evidence of bomb making materials.

I can only blame AW.
Moo

In the voicemail left for Throckmorton, his client made it clear that she wanted to stop Warner from hurting a large number of people, according to an exclusive NewsChannel 5 report.

“I won’t have hundreds probably thousands of lives on my soul and I will shoot him in the leg if I have to,” the woman can be heard saying. “And God don’t make me shoot somebody. I’m going to call him over here and I’m going to record. I don’t have proof but I know what he is doing. And I’m afraid for my life and everybody else’s.”

Throckmorton told WTVF he believes he and his client did everything they could, but they feel “the ball was dropped.”
Voicemail from girlfriend of Nashville bomber reveals warning to police
Eta source:'I know what he is doing' says Anthony Warner's former girlfriend in chilling voice mail

It isn’t just the business owners who need assistance. The employees of those companies — estimated to be between 1,000 and 2,000 people, according to the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp — need help, too. Both the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and the United Way of Greater Nashville work with other nonprofits to provide aid. That group is called the Nashville/Davidson County Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster, and includes The Salvation Army, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Conexión Americas and others.

Brian Hassett is president and CEO for the United Way of Greater Nashville. He says the idea of that coalition is that there is a central intake process. Just call 211 — yes, that number is up and working — and you’ll talk to someone who will take your info and share it with the right partner organizations. That will depend on the type of aid you need, be it immediate gifts cards (cash Visa or Kroger) to buy groceries or future rental assistance. They will walk you through what kind of documentation you need, such as a pay stub from an area business or an ID with your address. The line is staffed by United Way call-center workers who speak a number of languages.

This Friday, January 1, at 1 p.m. food and essential kits will be available at a “Nashville Strong” drive-thru event at the Community Resource Center, at 218 Omohundro Place. The essential boxes include items like hygiene products and diapers. In addition, Lutheran Disaster Response will be there for those who need on-site counseling.

“This Friday box of groceries isn’t going to get you very far, but we see it as a New Year’s Day act of support," says Amy Fair, vice president of donor services for the Community Foundation. "We are turning the page of 2020 all together."

If your office was in the affected area and what you need is a new place to work, check out the offer from Kenect: free co-working space, with parking, while you figure out what’s next. There are also deals on short-term apartment rentals. “Nashville is a strong, tight-knit community, and when disaster strikes, we come together to help one another, and that’s what Kenect is here to do,” says executive director Avi Niego.
Ways to Give and Get Help After the Christmas Day Bombing
Just look at what this guy did to his own community on Christmas day, he kicked them while they were down, no wonder he (allegedly) believes in Lizard people- the perp himself is a cold-blooded lizard! imo.

www.wsj.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back