TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn’t shoot the kids on the playground because there was no hunt in that. She’s deranged. I don’t know how much value there is in a case study of her, but she will be added to a list, non student adult. imo
I tend to agree. There's nothing better from a mass shooter's perspective than shooting up a school. The notoriety is a guarantee. Imho

I think she planned extensive suicide (suicide by cop) well in advance. Every student I've interviewed who brought a gun on campus had suicidal ideation, usually documenting and usually telling other people they wanted to die, just as in this case.

Extensive suicide is not as well-studied as it could be. But one of my mentors said, "If a person is willing to kill themselves, which is a human tabu, they are willing to kill anyone and should be considered at risk of homicide as well." I agree.

I think this shooter was in that group. Hearing anyone say, "And I wanted to take these people with me" or "I want to take a lot of people with me" are two of the most chilling things I've ever heard someone say or write. Serial killers sometimes use similar language. Of course, inside jails and prisons, people say a lot of things and not everyone who says this is going to act on it. But within the workplace, I believe such statements should be taken very seriously and not laughed off (although, truthfully, most people are very afraid of upsetting such people further - the guy who shot the welfare office up near where I live - and killed a policeman in the chase following - was one such person; lots of people had heard him make threats, everyone knew he had guns, police said they could do nothing about wild talk, it's not like he walked around with his guns - this is California, he couldn't do that). He was likely on his way to shoot more people when he was himself brought down.

We know from 19th century studies by Durkheim that the rate of stranger murder (by whatever means) goes up, in urban settings and the rates soared when the car was invented. Anonymity, rapid get-away, etc. There's a lot to unpack.

IMO.
Bbm. Interesting and something I've never thought of. If one doesn't value "life", then they don't value life. Theirs, or anyone else's life.

Someday, we will get to the root of the problem (not just the knee jerk responses to the outcomes)...and I suspect that this philosophy you mentioned has a lot to do with it. Imho

A suicide note, weapons and ammunition belonging to Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale were found by officers conducting a search warrant at the shooter's home, according to officials.

The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department released a list of 47 items they found belonging to Hale, including several journals, a shotgun, cellphones and laptops.

Officers found folders and journals with notes on firearms courses and school shootings.

They also found a school photo and five year books from The Covenant School, where Hale was a former student and gunned down six people, including three children March 27...

Last edited:
A suicide note, weapons and ammunition belonging to Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale were found by officers conducting a search warrant at the shooter's home, according to officials.

The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department released a list of 47 items they found belonging to Hale, including several journals, a shotgun, cellphones and laptops.

folders and journals with notes on firearms courses and school shootings.

They also found a school photo and five year books from The Covenant School, where Hale was a former student and gunned down six people, including three children March 27...
BBM. Interesting because I thought it was reported that she attended for only 2 years. I wonder if her sibling also attended.

BBM. Interesting because I thought it was reported that she attended for only 2 years. I wonder if her sibling also attended.
It was reported that it was 2 years up to 4th grade (I assumed 2nd -4th)? Perhaps it was actually up to 4th grade?

Imho

I had thought I had seen an age range like she attended from 4 to 8 but cannot find anything right now, stating when she attended. Suicide note was kind of surprising to me, since it seems to be in addition to the so called manifesto.

Someone said they didn’t think the killer was very smart and I tend to agree.
I get it and I believe as reported that the killer planned this attack with maps and notes. I don’t think what happened was anywhere close to what she planned, or the results of her attack would have been much much worse. She seemed almost paralyzed when she first walked in the school and thankfully LE ended it quickly.

"Nashville shooter had suicide note, journals on school shootings and gun courses, two shotguns and ammo boxes in home: Cops also find photo of her at school where she murdered six."

"As the first victim — maybe this is a sentimental thought, but it’s a comfort to me to think that Mike was there to welcome the children through the pearly gates.”
beautiful tribute.

Walking over dead victims to get to the source.....ugh.

Everytime I read another article, I get a little more angry.
That's the training. I spent many a night up too late while DH was on a SWAT call out and later more relaxed when he was on a CINT call out and now happy he is retired. May these officers receive the post incident treatment and help that has been offered in the past and may it help them move forward without impacting their future careers. God bless them.

Bbm. Interesting and something I've never thought of. If one doesn't value "life", then they don't value life. Theirs, or anyone else's life.

Someday, we will get to the root of the problem (not just the knee jerk responses to the outcomes)...and I suspect that this philosophy you mentioned has a lot to do with it. Imho
I’m uncomfortable with the generalized philosophy that one who might take their own life doesn’t value any life. Suicidal does not necessarily mean a person is also homicidal, though I acknowledge in the case of mass shootings, both tendencies are present and acted upon.

A suicidal person may value life, but they feel that what they are experiencing isn’t life as it should be. They may really want to live, but have lost hope, and choose to end that pain and darkness.

jmo

I’m uncomfortable with the generalized philosophy that one who might take their own life doesn’t value any life. Suicidal does not necessarily mean a person is also homicidal, though I acknowledge in the case of mass shootings, both tendencies are present and acted upon.

A suicidal person may value life, but they feel that what they are experiencing isn’t life as it should be. They may really want to live, but have lost hope, and choose to end that pain and darkness.

jmo
I agree. I don't suggest that all suicidal people are homicidal. I do suggest that suicidal people don't value THEIR life (as it currently is). I've been close, frankly. Life can be difficult. Sometimes it's difficult to see the "value".

Mass shooters who leave suicide notes, (knowing the outcome) like Hale and mass shooters who kill themselves after the act are the ones I was referring to. It's a commonality in many mass shootings, IMHO. Additionally, not only did Hale kill others....there was a specific targeting of children. There's a definite problem with the value of life in this person's brain. If you don't value yours .. fine...but how dare you force that same philosophy on others. Strangers .. specifically children.

I definitely think the mindset or philosophy needs more study. Imho

They morph from not valuing their life to not valuing the lives of anyone. Or did they never value life at all? It's almost like a chicken and the egg question. Imho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member