Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was specifically stated that the people she was staying with in Wisconsin weren't related to her in any way.

What's strange is they said they found no evidence that she had encountered someone and met up with them.

It will be interesting to see how she got there.

I hope her mother is intensely vetted before she goes back to her custody.

Parents plead for missing daughter's return

Anyone think, maybe, the authorities knew where she was for at least part or all of the last 2 1/2 weeks but didn't want her coming home to what they discovered to be a sick environment...so they patiently waited until they could put together a case to charge him with rape/making it stick before announcing that she was safe?
I think the FBI found the video via her Google account and made the arrest. When the arrest was announced publicly she came forward to reveal her location. My guess is that she was terrified

I haven't seen anyone theorize that perhaps he'd been grooming her for a number of years and what that might mean in regards to the whole situation and as to her mindset and reason for running away. It's an unpleasant thought, however I have a relative that was groomed from a young age and so many strange things happened in that child's case. I was thinking about the phone evidence. This child has so much to overcome and I pray her mother wasn't complicit in any way. She really needs family now.

From a newspaper article:
"The sheriff in Monroe County, Tennessee — Tommy Jones — says she has family in Wisconsin, but he does not believe she was related to the people with whom she was found."

So maybe she was with a friend of one of her relatives. My guess is she was on the verge of telling someone in Kentucky and then when moved and homeschooled she decided it was all or nothing.

What's strange is they said they found no evidence that she had encountered someone and met up with them.

That was before they were able to go through her online data. It didn’t appear through text messages, however the pictures, video, and where she was were all discovered after her online accounts were released.

I have a 13 year old daughter and she rarely texts. Everything is sent through Snapchat and messenger and the like. So I wouldn’t be surprised if all of these things came from messenger or something else.

I think the FBI found the video via her Google account and made the arrest. When the arrest was announced publicly she came forward to reveal her location. My guess is that she was terrified
I agree - I think everything came together when the FBI joined the case IMO. And I am hoping they are going through every single electronic device in the family's possession.

I can't wait to find out who saved her from her terrible home life. In my state a child can determine who they want to live with (which parent) at the age of 14. So, I'm wondering if her safe haven had anything to do with her bio dad. Of course, she was legally adopted by RP so I don't think her bio would have any rights to her. Not sure tho.

I hope she wasn't victimized by someone else. Wisconsin is a far way to get to. And the "additional charges" is concerning.

I keep wondering how she felt if she watched his pleas on television.

I agree - I think everything came together when the FBI joined the case IMO. And I am hoping they are going through every single electronic device in the family's possession.
Yeah, that’s exactly why you want the FBI involved in a case like this, especially when you have a trove of digital evidence to collect and analyze.

I’m sure they are going through multiple devices, and hopefully, they will help to put this guy away for the rest of his life.

I hope she wasn't victimized by someone else. Wisconsin is a far way to get to. And the "additional charges" is concerning.
Honestly, I am thinking not - with the local LE just heading up there today - she is in the custody of someone up there - so presumed safe and warm according to the Sheriff. I am hopeful that she contacted family and they put her in touch with the people she was with? and they were good people who protected her in their mind rather than turn her over to LE right away? It really makes me wonder if this wasn't the first time she attempted to report this abuse? there was the "almost" divorce between the parents in 2015 and the renewal of their vows in 2018 (links in media thread). I just have a feeling this was more than one time for reporting. JMO...

BBM - Agreed. Her plea on the NG podcast reminded me of the plea from Mariah Woods' mother

Yeah, that’s exactly why you want the FBI involved in a case like this, especially when you have a trove of digital evidence to collect and analyze.

I’m sure they are going through multiple devices, and hopefully, they will help to put this guy away for the rest of his life.
and whoever else knew or was involved in this potentially IMO

So, they moved from Georgia to Tennessee out on a secluded farm and home schooled her. That is suspicious in and of itself.
I wonder if someone in Georgia was onto something so they skipped town. They told us it was just what SP had wanted all her life and they could finally give it to her.....life on a farm. I call BS. They moved so RP could keep having her and controlling her. He makes me sick!

All of those poor children from this family. A recent move, their oldest sister ran away, their dad got arrested and more than likely they have been removed from their mother's care. All in a very short period of time.
I hope their lives do nothing but improve from this day forward. We don't know what kind of abuse they have suffered either.
I applaud SP for saving herself. What a brave girl she is!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, they moved from Georgia to Tennessee out on a secluded farm and home schooled her. That is suspicious in and of itself.
I wonder if someone in Georgia was onto something so they skipped town. They told us it was just what SP had wanted all her life and they could finally give it to her.....life on a farm. I call BS. They moved so RP could keep having her and controlling her. He makes me sick!

Exactly. I had the "groomed" vibe until I heard the NG podcast from right before she was found. Then I was worried it was a homicide potentially fam involvement.

The whole reason for moving seemed extremely odd to me. Who up roots their life only for one child?? What about what was best for parents, their careers and other kids.... the reasoning made be think the environment was controlling and manipulating to me...

AND then their pleas... Dad seemed way too calm and mom reminded me of Mariah Woods' mom (hope I'm wrong about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici