AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest reference to afternoon I believe was here:

When was Summer last seen? Her mother reports last seeing her on the afternoon of June 15th at their home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Road. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we will not provide additional information regarding the timeline.
AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

Given the last sentence it seems TBI is keeping the time line intentionally vague.

Something else that seemed clarified for me regarding helping Grandma with the brace and the 2 minutes, was CW demonstrated and pointed to the steps of the camper. This was during the Dr. Phil episode. I got the impression she did not actually go into the camper.

Maybe at first it could've been interpreted as such, but as time has gone on she has to know that timeframe has been a big issue for people.

Yet on Dr. Phil she was still saying 2 minutes. I'm not buying that she could mean several minutes anymore.
My guess is that if she changed it at this point, people would be all over her for changing the story. MOO.

When was Summer last seen? Her mother reports last seeing her on the afternoon of June 15th at their home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Road. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we will not provide additional information regarding the timeline.

Given the last sentence it seems TBI is keeping the time line intentionally vague.

Something else that seemed clarified for me regarding helping Grandma with the brace and the 2 minutes, was CW demonstrated and pointed to the steps of the camper. This was during the Dr. Phil episode. I got the impression she did not actually go into the camper.
bbm
This is the first time I've read that LE are possibly keeping this vague.
There's something bothering them about that day, imo.
MOO.

Thanks! I just went through the FAQ and the phrasing was interesting. Nothing brand new but the wording seemed interesting. One thing I can’t get out of my mind is that if DW could be verified to be at work when Summer disappeared, I’d think they’d confirm that much. It’s interesting that no “alibi” has come from LE after all this time. I also interpret it that LE has issues with the publicly available timeline. They may have a lot more information at this point and just don’t want to reveal it yet also. I certainly hope for that.
JMO.

I thought TBI Leslie said "early afternoon" in one of the June press conferences. I could be wrong...

Maybe this is based on a time when someone looked at a clock and could give a time to LE. Even if they don't tell us the time that person saw or who they were.

However, if LE has changed it since then to just "afternoon" then maybe they got some other information since the press conference. Idk what that could be, however...

Finally, my brain engaged and I realized why the red dress photo is on the billboard. Photo quality!

That was from a set done at church probably on a high quality camera. Most of the other photos of SW are taken with a phone camera which are pretty good these days as long as you're not trying to make a billboard out of them.

ETA: if you knew you needed that much quality, there might be a phone camera that could do it. But, none of the photos of SW were taken with that intention.

Yes, in part one of the Dr. Phil show CB said grandmother was sitting in the doorway which I took to mean on the steps into her camper.

i walked

02:43

back over here to my mom's camper and i

02:46

fixed my mom's knee brace when she was

02:47

sitting right here in the doorway and i

02:49

told my mom that i have to go back in

02:51

with the kids hoping (sic) my mom with the

02:52

knee brace only took like two to three

02:54

minutes

02:55

Back to the blame game again I see.

It's not me, it's all those big meanie youtubers catching me getting pulled over in the middle of the night for driving my car while intoxicated.

It's only partially true though :rolleyes:.

Okaaaay Don.
It's always someone else's fault. <modsnip> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe at first it could've been interpreted as such, but as time has gone on she has to know that timeframe has been a big issue for people.

Yet on Dr. Phil she was still saying 2 minutes. I'm not buying that she could mean several minutes anymore.
CB knows most people don't believe her 2 - 3 or 5 minutes story timeline but for whatever reason she decided to stick with it on Dr. Phil. It seems like that was a perfect time to say something like "It felt like only a couple minutes but might have been more like 15 minutes." Instead she doubled down on the 2+ minutes timeline. So either she's committed to a false narrative or else she's telling the truth.

It's like DW reverting to saying CB called him at 5:30 even though he corrected the time to 6:30 in one of his previous interviews.

They both had an opportunity to clarify their statements but didn't. At some point we should consider whether they're both telling the truth, no matter how off it may seem to us. In turn that may be why LE hasn't published a credible timeline.

At some point we should consider whether they're both telling the truth, no matter how off it may seem to us. In turn that may be why LE hasn't published a credible timeline.
Even if Candus was gone for just 2 minutes, it's not plausible that Summer could have disappeared without anyone noticing, in such a short amount of time.

Don said Candus called him at 5.30, then in the next sentence said he told her to call 911. Candus said the same. She called Don then rang 911 straight after. Except the 911 call log states the time as 6.29 (give or take a minute).

So how can they be telling the truth?

How far away was DW's work?

They said they FaceTimed for his entire drive....

If CBW called him at 5:30, did they FaceTime for an hour before either of them called the police?

I don't think I've heard even one time that CBW called DW, then called the police, then called DW back....

Who called whom and when and from where, what story will that tell?

I think the vehicle is very important. Why hasn't this been mentioned more like the red truck.

I am still hung up on this one. I don’t know if I missed something along the way but have there been other references to the flash of a “car” she alleges struck her wrong going up the driveway? Is she still referring to the Wells property when she states she and her family heard a truck door slamming and thought it was the “neighbors” or is this something different since she said “truck” rather than “car” this time. I wonder what time she believes it was when she noticed this vehicle and what about it “struck her wrong”.

Sheriff Lawson addresses the scream, but doesn’t seem to reference the vehicle.

ETA: I just listened again and it was the journalist that uses the word truck, not the individual being interviewed.

00:33
for anything we were kind of hyper alert
00:36
because of property things that happened
00:38
the day before
00:40
so we were listening for noise
00:42
everything was kind of quiet the sale
00:44
brought a plethora of people to their