AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up with the recent threads but I may have missed the discussion about the CPS case regarding the Wells. It has been well documented in various MSM sources that CPS has put a gag order on this case. I am under the impression that CPS was notified about the children before Summer went missing. There was chatter about Ally possibly calling them and CW calling her a "b****" for it. Maybe CW thought that CPS was going to take the children imminently and thought that sensitive Summer would be more traumatized than the boys and so she hid her with a friend.
I don't think she or DH would have expected anywhere near the worldwide attention Summer's case has gotten. I do not want to insinuate anything negative against the parents character and this theory speaks to the love they have FOR Summer. Truthfully, motivation to hide Summer could have more nefarious reason, i.e. to hide abuse, but I'm giving CH the benefit of the doubt because in her videos with the kids she seems appropriately affectionate with them. But still, maybe a woefully misguided decision out of concern about Summer being placed in state custody and concern for her welfare. A well- intentioned and poorly executed mistake that spiraled out of control. But then again, their grief DOES seem sincere even if some of the events are questionable.
Do you think this scenario is totally out of the realm of possibility?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
We don't know if the parents are guilty of anything or not, since no one has been able to be ruled out according to LE, but as the convo was pointing out, someone not paying attention for any amount of time and having children's faces on multiple websites could have attracted any of these types in the area, living in filth or not.
Yes. Parents would be well advised not to put their kids' pictures on social media.
You never know what pervert is out there getting his jollies by looking at pictures of your kids.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibly that someone might hide a child with a friend or relative, but I think if that had happened in this case, LE would have probably figured that out by now.
That's what i think, too.

The search was massive with many agencies from several states. Also, it has been investigated by at least the HCSO, the TBI, and the FBI CARD team.

Also, what about the boys?

But, the real reason I can't really see this happening is RB. They (the adults) all know exactly what it is like for someone to go missing.

Jmo

In your opinion. They did call the police, right? There were calls from 2 people?

I think so, but I believe there were multiple factors at play. As I understand it, CBW said she called DW to call 911 because she couldn't get a connection from Ben Hill Rd. The following article gets into the issues with the 911 system:

Search for Summer Wells highlights recurring Hawkins Co. communications issues | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

They were going to spend some COVID money to fix these issues but that has been put on hold: Emergency radio purchase stalled because Mayor Lee didn't give project update

I think so, but I believe there were multiple factors at play. As I understand it, CBW said she called DW to call 911 because she couldn't get a connection from Ben Hill Rd. The following article gets into the issues with the 911 system:

Search for Summer Wells highlights recurring Hawkins Co. communications issues | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

They were going to spend some COVID money to fix these issues but that has been put on hold: Emergency radio purchase stalled because Mayor Lee didn't give project update

The communications issues really seemed to impede initial search efforts. LE and SAR and family and community must have been so incredibly frustrated by this. Add to it weather, terrain, and general chaos and just...ugh. SO not ideal for those critical first hours and days. :(

In her interview Candus said she called Don because she was freaking out and when she freaks out she calls Don. Who then told her to call 911, she dropped her phone and went to Gma's trailer to call them, as gma's phone had good service.

Don also called 911 on his way home. Hence 2 calls to 911

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
This is the only interview I have seen with the son on it. He says the scream sounded 'almost animalistic'.
Nothing mentioned about bone breaking sounds or SA.

Neighbor of Summer Wells says she heard a scream shortly before she went missing - YouTube

Why was this scream not given more attention earlier and why was it orginally described as a muffled scream? Why did Sheriff Lawson say it’s unfounded? How did nobody hear it at the house if it was so chilling? These are genuine questions, I am not trying to imply anything except my own confusionFather of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

Why was this scream not given more attention earlier and why was it orginally described as a muffled scream? Why did Sheriff Lawson say it’s unfounded? How did nobody hear it at the house if it was so chilling? These are genuine questions, I am not trying to imply anything except my own confusionFather of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

The unifying answer to all of your questions is: there was no scream/the scream didn't happen when she thought it happened.

I had all of the same questions and that was where I arrived.

The unifying answer to all of your questions is: there was no scream/the scream didn't happen when she thought it happened.

I had all of the same questions and that was where I arrived.

Or they identified the scream and it was not related to Summer's disappearance.
Or the scream was Summer being abducted.

There are quite a few Christmas/ winter holiday events coming up in the Hawkins county area beginning on Dec. 4th with the Christmas parade in Rogersville (rogersville-christmas-parade-2), followed by other parades and events in the surrounding area. I hope there is positive representation for Summer and her case during these events.

Regardless of what people believe happened to this beautiful child, or who is responsible for her disappearance, Summer is still missing. Still 5 years old. Still completely innocent. Still vulnerable. Still lost in the blink of an eye, and in a dustbowl of a case that appears to ironically have no movement at all five and a half months later.

I hope Summers' town, her region, her community, her church, her greater world, can put aside their thoughts and feelings and judgements about her disappearance during this season and simply come together to support a tiny, beautiful, soul who needs everyone pulling for her.

I hope there is a banner in the parade. I hope there are posters in the windows. I hope there are kind and informative and in-depth articles in the papers, and on the news. I hope there are services held. I hope LE publicly addresses Summer's case. I hope DW and CW are able to make a supported plea for their daughter, that they are given an appropriate platform to tell Summer they love her and will not stop searching for her until she is found. I hope the boys are safe and protected from harm, and that when they grow up they will not only be able to look back on their childhood with their sister by their side...but also be able to read the words of strangers who cared for them, and sought only to help bring their sister home.

As Winter begins in earnest in this little corner of the world, I hope for Summer.

Where are you, little one? Hoping for a miracle.

I haven't seen where the neighbor described the scream as "muffled" but admittedly haven't read/watched everything.

It's possible LE gave it plenty of attention early on, but without finding the source, had to label it unfounded (but not necessarily untrue). Maybe that will change at some point.

If the source of the sound was closer to the neighbor's home, it seems possible/logical that it wasn't heard at the Wells home. Adults working on plants outdoors could be a generally quiet, while a family indoors running the tv, video games, washer/dryer, etc. might not be. (Granted, we don't actually know where the Wells adults & kids were when the scream was reportedly heard, so I'm not saying this is how it happened, just stating a possibility.) JMO

I haven't seen where the neighbor described the scream as "muffled" but admittedly haven't read/watched everything.

It's possible LE gave it plenty of attention early on, but without finding the source, had to label it unfounded (but not necessarily untrue). Maybe that will change at some point.

If the source of the sound was closer to the neighbor's home, it seems possible/logical that it wasn't heard at the Wells home. Adults working on plants outdoors could be a generally quiet, while a family indoors running the tv, video games, washer/dryer, etc. might not be. (Granted, we don't actually know where the Wells adults & kids were when the scream was reportedly heard, so I'm not saying this is how it happened, just stating a possibility.) JMO

I remember near the beginning when DW told CM in a phone interview, he described the scream as "muffled".
This was the first time we heard about the scream.
DW didn't hear the scream, he is repeating what he heard from the neighbor.

Since the neighbor has been interviewed, she described it as an "animalistic" noise. Also her 19 year old son stated this.

eta - Neighbor of Summer Wells says she heard a scream shortly before she went missing - YouTube

I'm searching for the interview with CM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member