AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice residential properties.
Seriously? New home construction? Like a track of homes? Do you have a link?
I was thinking more commercial projects. Like tenant improvements.
But I have no reason for thinking that actually.
So, where I'm at new track homes construction workers basically work 7 to 3:00 or so. 6:30 would be late. There wouldn't be a superintendent on the site at that hour.

Thanks, Honey. I'm not sure why you singled me out for this info, though. I'm a local, and a back country hiker and I've even done some spelunking (although, I do NOT enjoy it. I'm a bit claustrophobic. ). But anyway, good information.
I couldn't reply because the quote was on the previous page but I was responding to your comment that you've never heard of anyone sliding down into a cave. Not saying I think that happened, just showing why it's another remote possibility in a case "outside the norm"

Were you or someone you know driving a reddish Toyota pickup truck around the Beech Creek and Ben Hill roads area of Hawkins County on June 14 or 15?

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation would like to talk with that driver about what he or she saw that could be related to the case of 5-year-old Summer Wells. She was reported missing June 15.

[…]

“Search efforts do remain underway through the weekend,” TBI spokeswoman Susan Niland said. “The tip search as of this afternoon (Saturday) stands at 468.”

Search for Summer Wells now includes search for Toyota pickup truck driver (bbm)

I don't yet have much of an opinion on the truck mentioned.
I am still working on the theory the child wandered off and got lost.
I did a "virtual fly over" the area with google satellite, and well....it's clear how challenging this search is. LE pro's know what they are doing. Here are my thoughts on how to narrow the search area....

I think the best way to find her (if she is lost) is behavioral profiling. The best source of info are the siblings, but they will have to be gently coaxed; LE who interview children know all the best approaches with dolls, games, pets, etc. Children clam up in situations like this, thinking they will get in trouble for some perceived contribution to the child's missing status, so cleverness is required.

Here is what I would want to know as a starting point:
1. Where had the child roamed off to before and was reprimanded?
2. Does she have a friend near by (even older) that she would want to visit? (Get cookies from elderly neighbor, etc.)
3. Did she leave anything at school/pre-school she would want to retrieve or go look at?
4. Was there a store near by where she would want to go buy candy or treats?
5. Animals near by that she wanted to go see? I noticed there is a hay ride place fairly close by. Did she like going there to see the horses?
6. Where did she like to hide?
7. etc. etc. etc.

Most important, her siblings likely know what mischief she liked to get in to. They need to be queried again. That territory is really challenging. IF you've ever participated in a search, you know how hard it is to find people outdoors.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Interesting points!

Big brothers can be very protective and observant of a younger and only sister IME even if they don't comment at a given time. Even to their parents.

They may think they are imagining things or not sure how to interpret a look their sister maybe getting. And of course, they are still pretty young older brothers.

And maybe Summer got a lot of looks with her elf-like, almost translucent, playful and innocent charm and beauty?

Would they have gone to the church services, social meetings with Summer? I think we don't know for sure if they were at the swimming hole.

All IMO.

Has MSM mentioned if grandma is still in town?

There is a short statement from Grandma in recent news item. Not sure if it proves she is still with the family.

ETA. From Yesterday:

Mother, grandmother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells release statements | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

"Bring my grandbaby home. She is a lovely baby, and we’re so thankful for everyone looking for her. We yelled and looked for her as much as we could. She’s just gone. It’s devastating."

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article252255673.html

This article is interesting, it mentions that Summer's mother has a sister who went missing as well. What are the chances of something like this happening in a family twice?
This article has more details. Summer Wells isn’t first family member to disappear

Rose Marie Bly – The Charley Project

I don't see any obvious possible connection, though 2009 and Wisconsin kind of got my attention.
TBI: No evidence linking Summer Wells’ disappearance with that of her aunt’s

Right. But the comment I was replying to made it sound like they can't be taken away no matter what. Like there's some rule that kids can't be taken away during an active investigation? That's what I was asking for clarification on.
I would think if they found something unrelated to the investigation at hand but still found the children in an unsafe environment they could and would be removed.
I'm not even sure the kids haven't been removed at this point. Obviously at least the oldest boy wasn't in the beginning as DW had him appear with him in interviews. But I don't know about now.

I am so hoping that the TBI locates the driver they are looking for as a witness only. IMO it could help solve this case.
I'm sure it's already posted (I'm always behind), Toyota Tacoma dark red or maroon in color with a full ladder rack and white buckets. Years 1998-2000 IIRC.
Lots of tips coming in to 1-800-TBI-FIND.
Following closely and also on Twitter and everywhere else I can.
***AMBER ALERT UPDATE: A POSSIBLE LEAD IN THE SEARCH FOR FIVE-YEAR-OLD SUMMER WELLS.
The TBI issued this statement:
——-
As we’ve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time five-year-old Summer Wells disappeared.
This to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time.
Every detail is important.
In the process of doing this, we received information that a Toyota pickup truck was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th.
The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.
We have been unable to identify the driver of this truck.
Due to this, we are asking this driver to contact us at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
We would like to speak with you to confirm this information and ask what you may have heard or seen at the time.
If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us.
We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer.
Call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
One possible theory: Before her hair was shaved the family had visited Bald River Falls. Please be on the lookout. Be aware that someone could easily dress her as a boy <modsnip: No link to substantiate>
203342513_2317866458348830_7754808351496679923_n.jpg

Where is Summer Wells?

Chi in Tennessee

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you or someone you know driving a reddish Toyota pickup truck around the Beech Creek and Ben Hill roads area of Hawkins County on June 14 or 15?

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation would like to talk with that driver about what he or she saw that could be related to the case of 5-year-old Summer Wells. She was reported missing June 15.

[…]

“Search efforts do remain underway through the weekend,” TBI spokeswoman Susan Niland said. “The tip search as of this afternoon (Saturday) stands at 468.”

Search for Summer Wells now includes search for Toyota pickup truck driver (bbm)

Thank you and sorry for basically repeating your post just above.
I am always behind.
Chi

Yes, I know. My comment was in response to someone saying someone who plays tile wouldnt need a ladder. In my experience, a ladder is a standard tool for tons of trades. Was trying to point out that you can't identify a trade simply by a ladder rack.

People.. i do all of that, paint, tile, carpentry, drywall, home renovations and have all that stuff all the time. Ladder racks, buckets, tools. Just saying. Its not inclusive to one industry.

I am also getting many updates from Channel 5 out of Nashville. Nick Beres has really done his best IMO.

https://www.newschannel5.com/

The long wait is continuing here in TN.
With TBI saying SW could be the size of a folded up laptop, it's really breaking a lot of hearts right now.
The searchers are so exhausted.
Since purple is said to be SW's favorite color, I will leave this here for her tonight,
Chi
f553ae22d9e28063ac9715ed64bb697a.gif

Can't they run the model/year/color and find a few of those in that county? How many people in 2021 have a 1998-2000 rig registered. With that description? If 1998 that's a 23 year old work pickup. There's something funny going on, they should already have a list of owners, if not the exact drivers. LE already would have canvassed shops and registered tradespeople, "yellow pages", re drywall services, if that's what the gear is for.
Thinking the same, the FBIs can run a state list by county. Maybe the FBI has contacted most of the owners in the county and now it's down to a person they can't locate. FBI would run criminal backgrounds on the owners in the county/state. Hoping they have a POI in mind and the community can locate the truck.

Moo...

Yes as far as the possible witness with the Tacoma, I wish people on all the rumor mills would quit trying to go real world in their efforts to located that driver/vehicle.
It's likely dangerous and could ruin the reputation of an innocent person.
I like rural TN very much, but being patient isn't usually all that common in a high profile case like this one.
Please let SW be found and the truth be known.
Enough already.
She needs to be found, one way or the other.
I'm outta here for now but always following,
Chi

I was on my way down before the last press conference. That press conference sealed the deal for me . When LE doesn't seem inclined to trust the version of events being told to them by someone who says they were there...that just speaks volumes to me.

JMO
bbm
That's basically it, in a nutshell.
So sad but not surprising. :(
Imo.

My only question with if it’s caught on video, wouldn’t they have an exact date and time it was in the area? That is what makes me think a person reported seeing it and noticed it because it was unfamiliar. MOO
They may have that information and playing their cards closely. I would speculate FBI first tried without public assistance, unsuccessfully.

Leslie showed more emotion and spoke much kinder of the family at the last PC. The mood was much different. At one point she almost looked upset. I thought then something was up and maybe they had a tip.

Moo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member