TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

Not planning on watching the video. I'll wait for a summary and that will be hard enough. It's going to be terrible and irrefutable, imo. They didn't screw around with those cops, they were arrested very quickly. Esp for a police involved killing.

thoughts? i just watched the video (as much as the media is revealing)...if not here, is there another thread for this? thanks in advance...
I'm horrified and disgusted. The pole camera seals EVERYTHING. And they just walked around, except for the one officer who was kicking him - he was limping. Absolutely terrible and they should be under the jail.

Not planning on watching the video. I'll wait for a summary and that will be hard enough. It's going to be terrible and irrefutable, imo. They didn't screw around with those cops, they were arrested very quickly. Esp for a police involved killing.
I won’t watch either, but I read a recap. It was disgusting and won’t leave my mind anytime soon.

thoughts? i just watched the video (as much as the media is revealing)...if not here, is there another thread for this? thanks in advance...
I am watching on News Nation.

I saw the video. Disturbing. I am unclear why he was pulled from the car for a traffic stop. Tyre is clearly resisting, and the police clearly use violent punches and kicks. Hearing him crying out for his mother was sad. The police chief (unsure of his name) being interviewed by Leland Vittert seems very level-headed and he is concerned with over-charging to salve public anger.

That’s just my quick take.
I will need time to absorb what I just watched.

ETA: I changed is levelheaded to seems. As I process my thoughts, I must keep in mind that he is speaking from the biased perspective of a police chief.

Last edited:
I am watching on News Nation.

I saw the video. Disturbing. I am unclear why he was pulled from the car for a traffic stop. Tyre is clearly resisting, and the police clearly use violent punches and kicks. Hearing him crying out for his mother was sad. The police chief (unsure of his name) being interviewed by Leland Vittert is very level-headed and he is concerned with over-charging to salve public anger.

That’s just my quick take.
I will need time to absorb what I just watched.
They beat him after he was done resisting. And they kept beating him. And beat him some more. He died from that beating and the police chief is concerned with over-charging? That's his concern? Really?

I'm horrified and disgusted. The pole camera seals EVERYTHING. And they just walked around, except for the one officer who was kicking him - he was limping. Absolutely terrible and they should be under the jail.
I was disgusted by this video. The one spot that gave me some sick happiness was watching that gross thing limp while he walked.

I’m not going to watch but have a question. Were all the officers beating him, taking turns? Did any of them try to de- escalate the situation? In other words, were there ring leaders, or all equally involved from what you could tell?

Edited to add: I’d like to believe there was someone there who tried to show him humanity….

They beat him after he was done resisting. And they kept beating him. And beat him some more. He died from that beating and the police chief is concerned with over-charging? That's his concern? Really?
He also was also concerned about the pretext for the stop. Apparently there are kidnapping charges, which indicate it should have been an only a traffic stop, with no right to pull him from car. He was concerned the video being released on a Friday night was inciting. That comment by him didn’t go over well at all.

It is sickening to realize I just watched a man be beaten to death.

I’m not going to watch but have a question. Were all the officers beating him, taking turns? Did any of them try to de- escalate the situation? In other words, were there ring leaders, or all equally involved from what you could tell?

Edited to add: I’d like to believe there was someone there who tried to show him humanity….
Seemed equally involved. One seemed more aggressive than the others. He threw a major punch to Tyre’s head that knocked him to the ground. He never got up again, and the beating did continue. They dragged him to the squad car.

I saw a brief clip while skimming through news articles online. Don't want to see anymore. It's inhuman, JMO. What makes so many of our peace officers today do such crazy, violent things? What are they being taught?

I watched the beginning, (passed on the assault) and watched the end. That alone is enough to see the venom coming from these guys. They stand around proudly as if to say ‘we showed Tyre he is not to mess with us’.

What’s up with all the cursing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back