TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

Now that note about "vehicle seizures" is very interesting. I have heard of people who do traffic tickets being in league with tow truck operators, and text them when they see a car that is behind on tickets. The car gets towed, and there are crazy, exorbitant fees to get the car from the tow yard. Pay it or it continues to escalate every day.

Terrible.

It shows how bad law enforcement officers can literally rule over people. Have almost complete control, and there is no "check and balance".

What if Tyre had not died, and just been scuffed up a bit? If he had complained, he would have been targeted for ongoing harassment from this group. It makes me wonder if they had a previous encounter with him...

It was my inner feeling that he did, but now, having read about vehicle seizures, and he had a nice, clean car, I don't know if he was targeted for himself, or for the car. ((

The city of Memphis on Wednesday released hundreds of pages of documents tied to the January 2023 fatal beating of Tyre Nichols by five police officers, including an account from a witness who saw Nichols slumped on the pavement and thought he was already dead.

The latest documents include personnel files for Memphis police and fire department employees who were fired, as well as internal police investigation files, a witness statement and emails between city and police officials.

Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man, died in a hospital Jan. 10, 2023, three days after the beating. The five officers who were charged in his killing are also Black.

Police spoke with a witness who lived in the neighborhood where the beating occurred and shot video and photos of the scene. The witness saw Nichols lying on the ground, according to a transcript.

“Dude wasn’t budging … I was like, ’Oh my god, I think he’s dead,'” the witness said.

The city of Memphis on Wednesday released hundreds of pages of documents tied to the January 2023 fatal beating of Tyre Nichols by five police officers, including an account from a witness who saw Nichols slumped on the pavement and thought he was already dead.

The latest documents include personnel files for Memphis police and fire department employees who were fired, as well as internal police investigation files, a witness statement and emails between city and police officials.

Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man, died in a hospital Jan. 10, 2023, three days after the beating. The five officers who were charged in his killing are also Black.

Police spoke with a witness who lived in the neighborhood where the beating occurred and shot video and photos of the scene. The witness saw Nichols lying on the ground, according to a transcript.

“Dude wasn’t budging … I was like, ’Oh my god, I think he’s dead,'” the witness said.

I hate that this happened sooo much! Tyre died a horrible death at the hands of these brutes. I'm just heartsick when I learn of these things happening. And I'm angry. What the Hell is happening to us? In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back