Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

Truthfully, I'm not surprised by this at all. His statement was taken out of context. I thought this yesterday before he made this announcement. It's all in the editing...don't believe everything you hear from the media.

You can't be serious, this was a LIVE show, the words came from TB's mouth.

There WAS NO EDITING! IT WAS LIVE! . There is no way possible to "EDIT" a live statement.

I was watching it at the time. There was nothing out of context and he was not responding in any way to either Mikes' or Lisa's statement (who he was railing on) about "the loss of the life".

Oh that's juicy! I'm glad you elaborated that he was rambling on and it wasn't a response to anyone. This might get ugly! hahahahha

Truthfully, I'm not surprised by this at all. His statement was taken out of context. I thought this yesterday before he made this announcement. It's all in the editing...don't believe everything you hear from the media.

How so? He was going through his three point response when he said it, and he said clearly the loss of this little girl's life. I have no doubt he regrets saying it, or slipping up, but that is a different matter. The video posted here is what I saw live. ???

I missed the piece on FOX this morning, what did they say?
I have it on dvr...let me rewind. It was live also...so there is no link. I quoted what the reporter said after she mentioned his statement, but I will transcribe the whole thing if you like.

There WAS NO EDITING! IT WAS LIVE! . There is no way possible to "EDIT" a live statement.

I was watching it at the time. There was nothing out of context and he was not responding in any way to either Mikes' or Lisa's statement (who he was railing on) about "the loss of the life".

I would like to see the video in full. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? I still think it was taken out of context and just because he made that statement doesn't mean that Caylee is dead. I think that if there was NO editing, that he was referring to the mind set of the general public and the statement was still taken out of context.. He is saying that he was referring to a joke about the situation. I think that he was saying....here this (whoever made the joke) person is making a joke about "the loss of the life of a little girl" because that is the person's mind set that made the joke. JMO

It wasn't edited. I heard it live on Prime News on the day of KC's arrest.

As well, on the day of KC's arrest, and when she and JB held their press conference, didn't JB do the same thing? Only said something along the lines of - KC's under a lot of pressure, with the death of her little girl.....

(paraphrasing there)

It's the ol' I know you think you heard what you think I said, I'm not sure if you realize what you think heard isn't what I really meant...:crazy:

Now they will start passing out the Kool-Aid. :Banane35:

I have it on dvr...let me rewind. It was live also...so there is no link. I quoted what the reporter said after she mentioned his statement, but I will transcribe the whole thing if you like.

That's ok, no need. I'll wait for JB, this is gonna be priceless!

I bet they (SA's office) are getting quite a jolt from that comment. They can use those words against the defense, imo. I don't see how TB's firm can distance themselves from Baez' defense team to prevent it. It is like trying to unring that bell.

Can Tom Black really be considered part of the Defense Team? I am sure that he doesn't attend attorney/client meetings. Even though he is the spokesperson for Baez, he is not directly for Casey. IMHO, the statement will not cause any legal ramifications as far as the trial goes. This man's statement cannot be used as evidence as far as I can see.

I think one thing that Baez will say today is something to the effect that Black is not privy to Baez's discussions with Casey. If Baez fires Black at news conference, he might even say that this is Black's personal opinion, and has no basis in fact.

I would like to see the video in full. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? I still think it was taken out of context and just because he made that statement doesn't mean that Caylee is dead. I think that if there was NO editing, that he was referring to the mind set of the general public and the statement was still taken out of context.. He is saying that he was referring to a joke about the situation. I think that he was saying....here this (whoever made the joke) person is making a joke about "the loss of the life of a little girl" because that is the person's mind set that made the joke. JMO

The link to this video is all over this thread, and someone else had already responded to your last post asking for the link, but here it is again: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/10/14/pn.casey.anthony.indicted.cnn

it was live TV

just watched the link... he clearly is just making his own points and it is very evident he says 'loss of life of a little girl' and he goes on. There's no joking refence, nothing! It was plain as day!

"Lucy, someone got some splainin to do!"

Maybe after about five listens it might sink in

BLACK IS NOT COVERED BY ATTORNEY CLIENT PRIVILEGE.

Anything that Casey or Baez told him is fair game, and he will be subpoenaed. A 3rd party being in the room waives attorney client privilege -- so JB had better hope his little puppet was not in the room.

This is why few attorneys have spokes people - only the really famous ones, and even then, its usually about THE ATTORNEY's fame, not any case or client. Gloria and the rest of them - a good lawyer has a big enough mouth where they don't need a spokesman!

It wasn't edited. I heard it live on Prime News on the day of KC's arrest.

As well, on the day of KC's arrest, and when she and JB held their press conference, didn't JB do the same thing? Only said something along the lines of - KC's under a lot of pressure, with the death of her little girl.....

(paraphrasing there)

No, JB didn't say that. (see bold above) If he had, don't you think that would be all over the news also??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back