Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

Black's quote to WFTV over the phone, which they played:

"I did not say that on national television. I responded to what someone else said."

Mr. Black would be better off saying he had consumed a few glasses of wine and was speaking off the cuff....JMO

Larry Garrison quote to WFTV over the phone, which they played:

if he said something like that and that's what he meant then he shouldn't be representing, working for Jose Baez because that's an inappropriate statement."

I notice he DID NOT say untrue statement!

http://www.wftv.com/video/17728272/index.html

"This is a very serious case, involving not just the loss of life of a little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony," Black said on CNN Wednesday night (Hear It All).

I thought I would go ahead and post this. Hope I don't step on anyone's toes.

TIA!

Yes, your exactly right, no misinterpretation explanation available except maybe TB is actually a sock puppet and not a live person, that I would buy :) I have heard happy hour is on Garrison today:eek:

You know, until I heard that interview, I thought he was a figment of JB's imagination.

Now, I'll bet JB wishes that was the case.

I don't see how he was angry or rude, he was calm and all...obviously something was said off camera by the people he asked to leave...Im not seeing how its such an issue because he asked them to leave and they did not....

Wait, he kicked them out again? Was this for today's presser or from the other day?

It was from the other day and the reason JB loathes Channel 9 is that they are uncovering alot of things about the case and they were the first to report that Baez is not qualified to represent KC in the murder trial. Per Florida Law you have to have 5 years experience and he only has 3 years under his belt. So they do not have a good history together.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17728272/index.html

"This is a very serious case, involving not just the life of a little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony," Black said on CNN Wednesday night (Hear It All).

I thought I would go ahead and post this. Hope I don't step on anyone's toes.

TIA!

The problem is that the quote you provided is incomplete, incorrect and wrong. You left out what is at issue here.

What Todd Black ACTUALLY said was:

This is a very difficult, serious case, not only involving THE LOSS OF THE LIFE OF A LITTLE GIRL but the loss of whatever is going to happen to Casey Anthony."

Listen to the CNN video:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/10/14/pn.casey.anthony.indicted.cnn

ETA: I see that karen7868 has edited her post to reflect what was actually said, but I believe that the actual quote must continually be posted so that those who claim he was misquoted will listen to the CNN clip for themselves.

The problem is that the quote you provided is incomplete, incorrect and wrong. You left out what is at issue here.

This is a very difficult, serious case, not only involving THE LOSS OF THE LIFE OF A LITTLE GIRL but the loss of whatever is going to happen to Casey Anthony."

Listen to the CNN video:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/10/14/pn.casey.anthony.indicted.cnn

Thanks OcalaMom, I caught that after I posted (I edited). The statement I posted was actually as is, but whoever did the article took those words out. Thanks!

Yes, your exactly right, no misinterpretation explanation available except maybe TB is actually a sock puppet and not a live person, that I would buy :) I have heard happy hour is on Garrison today:eek:
I guess for the first time in this case, he gets to play the smarter spokesperson. Who would have thought that could EVER happen?! :waitasec: This just gets better and better.

I'll miss this presser. Someone check their feet to see if they're wearing these.
fvy74p.jpg

Listen to the CNN video:

ETA: I see that karen7868 has edited her post to reflect what was actually said, but I believe that the actual quote must continually be posted so that those who claim he was misquoted will listen to the CNN clip for themselves.

I so totally agree, because WFTV DID take it out of their article.

Thanks OcalaMom, I caught that after I posted (I edited). The statement I posted was actually as is, but whoever did the article took those words out. Thanks!

Karen,

I saw your edit and edited my post to reflect that.

I think we all need to continue to post the actual quote and encourage people to 'hear' for themselves.

Thank you for the edit! :blowkiss:

You know, until I heard that interview, I thought he was a figment of JB's imagination.

Now, I'll bet JB wishes that was the case.

Lol, initially I though TN based alter ego. Then I thought, I dont care who he is, I just hope he keeps talking a really lot.

Anyone want to take bets on whether he appears on camera at the pressc?

Do you think we may actually get to see Mr. Black on TV doing his mea culpa?

It was from the other day and the reason JB loathes Channel 9 is that they are uncovering alot of things about the case and they were the first to report that Baez is not qualified to represent KC in the murder trial. Per Florida Law you have to have 5 years experience and he only has 3 years under his belt. So they do not have a good history together.

Gotcha. Thank you.

I am sorry but you are wrong.
He said not "JUST" the loss of the life of a little girl

Listen to the CNN video:

Funny statement by Baez ... "you will learn how to respect me and you will learn how to respect my client"

UH UM, BAEZ....RESPECT IS EARNED....ITS NOT A RIGHT.

You haven't earned any respect from me. And your uh um....as you say so often...client has not earned anything near respect from me.

What a joke...you will learn to respect me.

Baez...look in a mirror.....wait...do you even reflect....if not...watch yourself on tv...see how foolish you sound. GEEZE.

Bolded by me. I could not agree more. I believe he is seriously jeopordizing his future as a defense atty. I checked the Orange Co. cout clerk website and he has not had ONE case added in his name since the original child neglect and fraud charges were brought against KC in July. That is THREE months with NO new cases on record. :waitasec:

Can Tom Black really be considered part of the Defense Team? I am sure that he doesn't attend attorney/client meetings. Even though he is the spokesperson for Baez, he is not directly for Casey. IMHO, the statement will not cause any legal ramifications as far as the trial goes. This man's statement cannot be used as evidence as far as I can see.

I think one thing that Baez will say today is something to the effect that Black is not privy to Baez's discussions with Casey. If Baez fires Black at news conference, he might even say that this is Black's personal opinion, and has no basis in fact.

Why can't what TB says be used as evidence? I don't think he's part of the defense team, but he IS JB's' spokesman...which means his job is to SPEAK FOR JB, and he clearly said the child is dead!

I'm sure the DA's office will definitely want to speak with TB so they can make a determination.

Either way...and JB can attempt to poopoo it or explain it away somehow... but this is the shot heard round the world and he can't take away it's impact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back