Tony Lazzaro's testimony

I think TL is doing fine. I don't personally care for how his persona but he is doing just what he is supposed to.

How can he remember the few weeks he knew KC a few years ago? I am certain he has tried to forget, to wash it all away as if it never happened. I sure would.

I can't believe he recalls as much as he does. I suppose the shock, fear, shame and then cooperation have helped that.

He is bright, respectful, I think he is being honest and as forthcoming as good manners will allow.

Really, what could he really know other than he hung out with KC a few weeks, she had a kid he met, he and KC did it like bunnies, then she offed her kid, he cooperated to a great extent, and must now still be carrying this weight. All b/c he was 20 something, in school and getting laid with someone he would have never remembered otherwise.

Poor guy probably feels his is the person with the "I pick murderers magnet" on his forehead.
I agree completely. This guy, while in no way responsible, will probably always wonder if he could have prevented Caylee's death. Not caused it, but could he have prevented it.

He didn't want Caylee to spend the night. No one blames him. It was a moral and responsible stance to take. But not having somewhere to ditch Caylee was ICA's catalyst to getting rid of Caylee. He didn't harm Caylee but Caylee lost her life during his time with her mother. That's gotta weigh heavy on his mind.

I think TL is doing fine. I don't personally care for how his persona but he is doing just what he is supposed to.

How can he remember the few weeks he knew KC a few years ago? I am certain he has tried to forget, to wash it all away as if it never happened. I sure would.

I can't believe he recalls as much as he does. I suppose the shock, fear, shame and then cooperation have helped that.

He is bright, respectful, I think he is being honest and as forthcoming as good manners will allow.

Really, what could he really know other than he hung out with KC a few weeks, she had a kid he met, he and KC did it like bunnies, then she offed her kid, he cooperated to a great extent, and must now still be carrying this weight. All b/c he was 20 something, in school and getting laid with someone he would have never remembered otherwise.

Poor guy probably feels his is the person with the "I pick murderers magnet" on his forehead.

I agree! IIRC there was talk between TL and LE after July 15 2008 about something other than cigarettes being smoked by TL and his friends. Add the use of drugs and/or alcohol to parties, late nights and a school schedule to a three year old memory bank and things tend to become a bit blurred for a young man. I do believe that TL cared about Caylee but did not want the responsibility of any child or relationship which is understandable and honest for a very young, single man who is in school and does not have a full time job. I am waiting for JB to try and discredit TL on the stand for any past misdeeds by TL so it is understandable that TL is nervous. JMO

couple a things that I would like to see addressed:

1. She tells Tony that two men helped her by physically pushing the white '98 Pontiac Sunfire (actually registered to her parents) into the parking lot of the Amscot Check-Cashing Facility at the corner of Colonial & Golden Rod (map). Despite six exterior security cameras, there is no sign of anyone "pushing" the car. Cameras do show Casey driving her car into the Amscot parking lot. The only man seen is Tony Lazarro, who arrives later at apx. 11:30 am. IF SHE RAN OUT OF GAS, HOW IS SHE DRIVING THE CAR INTO THE AMSCOT PARKING LOT?

2. Movies - who picked them, what were the titles?

3. There's a dispute in Maria's (the pretty gal) testimony - she said ICA spent the night didn't she? - TL says ICA didn't.

4. e-mails and texts (lots of them)

Oh, and won't JB have to call TL as a witness for the defense to try to get the molestation in?

I guess that's all water under the bridge now :(

Mel

Last BBM ~ I was thinking the same regarding the movies. It took them only six minutes to pick them; Jumper and Untraceable.
I find the movie choices very odd considering.

Yeah he kind of reminds me of a younger version of the guy I've been dating, and that's not a good thing. Thinks he's pretty hot s*** IMO. Other than that, he's good for the prosecution so all good.

(Which reminds me, I need to let that guy know I've started seeing someone else before he hears it on the grapevine, must get onto that.)

You could have a point - except that they have to prove Casey was abused. So far the only thing that has been proven is that she's a pathological liar. There are also the jail house letters where she vaguely remembers "abuse." As if in a dream... sort of ... kinda... after the fact.

If JB wants this guy gone it means he's bad for their case. And JB wants him gone.

No they don't, they don't have to prove anything and they can wash this away by saying: " This poor abused child pushed this sooo deep and never admitted it to anyone (another typical sign of abuse). This child living in a dysfunctional family, didn't even remember any of this because she hid it all away until she had to face it in a solitary confinement jail cell - where there isn't much else to think of." Defense doesn't have to prove a thing. She was so desperate she confided in a fellow inmate that she hardly knew. (Another common thing abused people do - they tell a stranger to get it off their chest without questions)

As for her lies, well they appall me and most other honest people, but for the most part, they are the kind of lies that don't actually hurt anyone except herself. She tells people she has a great job - who is she kidding? - Just herself. She has a great career. Who is she kidding? - once again - only herself. She is doing so well she actually has a nanny - not a baby-sitter - a nanny - yep she is a pathological liar and a kleptomaniac - she has more issues than I have hairs on my head - all what the defense wants.

The JB thing wanting him gone ... I'll wait until he has slept on it.

I didn't hear them ask TL what movies they rented (relevant! considering what they were) and also I hope we get to hear what the conversation was on the morning of 7/16 when TL gets ICA's text about Caylee being missing, and he wants to know what's going on, and they stop texting and talk on the phone. Also, I'd like to hear more about what he knows about the night of 6/15 when ICA and CA supposedly fought/choked. As I recall, he was on the phone with ICA a lot that night, did she mention a fight with her mom? Hoping they cover these questions before releasing TL for good...

snipped
(Which reminds me, I need to let that guy know I've started seeing someone else before he hears it on the grapevine, must get onto that.)

LOL We need a LOL button to match the 'Thanks" button lol

I missed the end was Tony dismissed or is he subject to come back again?

All things considered, I thought Tony did very well.

I didn't see him as cocky or arrogant at all. He actually reminds me of my 19 year old and my 14 year old son. They are both really confident and have a playful almost teasing sense of humor. I guess someone could mistake their confidence for arrogance, especially if they didn't know them.

What an awful position to be in!

From what I've seen so far, I am NOT impressed with Tony Lazzaro. His "nope" answers and his attitude has totally turned me off. He acts like he doesn't respect the attorneys during questioning.

Too much 'tude for me!

What's to be impressed with. He was her boyfriend for the period of time while ICA was hiding the fact her daugher was gone. In his early 20s and not at all worldly.

If anything, I saw Tony today as being uncomfortable and was probably kicking himself for becoming involved with her in the first place.

I looked at all the 20 somethings brought to the stand today and realized how many people ICA has involved through her lies and whatever crimes she may have committed against her daughter and others.

If you've never been on the witness stand, if you've never been called to testify, you don't know how nerve-wracking and uncomfortable it can be.
Notice after one of these former aquaintances of ICA answer a question and there is an objection by either side, they immediately turn their head and look as if they have done something wrong. Sitting there, under oath in such a strict and formal setting is not an everyday thing for them. I can see the discomfort rising from their bodies.
jmo

Just now watching Tony's testimony... he sure is a cocky thing! lol

wenwe4 -

Thanks so much for your informative posts! I so appreciate that you relay what is being said in the courtroom - especially in the trial threads. I can only check in during the day at work and it's so nice to scan for your posts (green font) to stay up-to-date. Would love to be able to read everyone's comments, but I have to pretend I'm working! LOL!

:gthanks::gthanks:

No they don't, they don't have to prove anything and they can wash this away by saying: " This poor abused child pushed this sooo deep and never admitted it to anyone (another typical sign of abuse). This child living in a dysfunctional family, didn't even remember any of this because she hid it all away until she had to face it in a solitary confinement jail cell - where there isn't much else to think of." Defense doesn't have to prove a thing. She was so desperate she confided in a fellow inmate that she hardly knew. (Another common thing abused people do - they tell a stranger to get it off their chest without questions)

As for her lies, well they appall me and most other honest people, but for the most part, they are the kind of lies that don't actually hurt anyone except herself. She tells people she has a great job - who is she kidding? - Just herself. She has a great career. Who is she kidding? - once again - only herself. She is doing so well she actually has a nanny - not a baby-sitter - a nanny - yep she is a pathological liar and a kleptomaniac - she has more issues than I have hairs on my head - all what the defense wants.

They have to prove something. Anyone can say anything. Accuse any one of anything but there has to be some proof of ICA's claims. If the jury is worth their salt they'll expect some proof of the abuse allegations.

Jose doesn't want Tony hanging around. That's all I was able to determine from today. He couched it in "touching" concern for the "hardship" this is to Tony. IMO, Tony makes his client look like a 'ho. That can't be good.

Yes, me too.
The thing is; could it go the other way?
As in... could the juror's deliberate that she had such low self-esteem due to the alleged sexual abuse that that is the sort of man she thought she deserved?
My head hurts.

IMO, they'll need to offer some proof or supporting testimony regarding the abuse allegations. I don't believe they'll be able to do that. I think it falls under the "we'll never know" category that JB offered. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when KC gets on the stand.

If anyone missed Tony on the stand, I recorded it and it is on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#g/u

IMO, Tony tells it like it is and very sure of himself. Although he seems to come across as being arrogant, since I am from North Jersey, and very familiar with Long Islanders, I understand his personality and ways and telling it like it is.

Oooo, thank you for this. I missed it.

O/T, but does anyone know where I can watch the testimony that occured after lunch? I had to make some calls and missed the afternoon testimony. :(

ETA: I posted just as TC was posting the link! Thanks! :)

I don't know about you, but I take trust and integrity very seriously. You cannot trust a liar.

Some people feel Tony just seemed immature. I compared him to his roommates and felt they came off as much more mature and humble.. The guy works at Best Buy. If I didn't know that I'd think he was CEO of William Morris Endeaver, with the attitude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back