Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's trying to convince herself (though positive thinking) that she's going to spend eternity with Travis that's for sure. It seems like a foolish move to people like us, who are rational and sane, though I really think it's part of her "act". I don't actually believe she is mentally unstable, it seems like a "fatal attraction" kind of thing where she is concerned, and if she couldn't have Travis then no one could.

I hope they don't give her the DP, because it seems to be what she wants, and I really think that the best sentence for her is to sit in a jail cell for the rest of her life. If I was on the jury (which I can't be since I'm Canadian! LOL), she seems to want the DP, so the better punishment would be life without parole. I'm not sure how often the DP happens in AZ (especially for women).

I think my fascination with this case, is trying to figure out what makes Jodi tick, though I'll likely never find out.

I like the way you think. She could be acting. She is such a puzzle!

I get fascinated with "what makes people tick" too. You mentioned "fatal attraction" and I don't know why but Jodi reminds me of "Single White Female"- not that the storyline is the same, but she seems to "mold herself" to "fit in". I am kind of suprised we haven't seen or heard of more friends or past boyfriends of hers come out of the woodwork. I have trouble believing her past isn't dotted with episodes of odd behaviors. I don't think she'd ever murdered anyone before Travis, but I do wonder if she had friends, was she possesive with them? If she'd ever had a boyfriend, did she change her religious preference based on his? In her immediate family, was she the child that acted out? There are so many things I can think to ask, but no one seemed to have come forward to ask. Did she form no attachments to anyone except for Travis?

I like the way you think. She could be acting. She is such a puzzle!

I get fascinated with "what makes people tick" too. You mentioned "fatal attraction" and I don't know why but Jodi reminds me of "Single White Female"- not that the storyline is the same, but she seems to "mold herself" to "fit in". I am kind of suprised we haven't seen or heard of more friends or past boyfriends of hers come out of the woodwork. I have trouble believing her past isn't dotted with episodes of odd behaviors. I don't think she'd ever murdered anyone before Travis, but I do wonder if she had friends, was she possesive with them? If she'd ever had a boyfriend, did she change her religious preference based on his? In her immediate family, was she the child that acted out? There are so many things I can think to ask, but no one seemed to have come forward to ask. Did she form no attachments to anyone except for Travis?

Jodi certainly does that, molds herself to fit into the current situation. I wonder what the guy that she was going to see in Utah must think. It would be great to hear what he had to say about her demeanour when she showed up after leaving Travis' house. On some of my internet searching, I have found some comments from a "supposed" friend, who says she is not guilty, though I don't know if she really is a friend, or just someone "claiming to be, which is one of the reasons I haven't posted any links. I also read a comment by someone that knows her (again, I'm not sure how truthful this is), though she claims that she was visiting a man that Jodi was interested in and she cut his telephone wires and was peering through the window watching them, though when she actually talked to them, she didn't act like her behaviour was strange. Again, I didn't post the link because I have no confirmation that this in fact happened, so at this point it's just a rumour.

It does seem odd that there aren't any of her friends/family in the media supporting her. I wonder if her lawyer has told the family to stay quiet and stay away from the media.

I agree with you, it would be great to get some kind of background information on her to see what she was like before she met Travis and if her personality changes with each relationship she's in (sort of like a chameleon).

I don't want you all to think I am negative towards Travis, but it seems that both he and Jodi wanted to talk the talk, but not walk the walk? (IMO)

Of course I don't feel that Travis deserved what happened to him. He, nor anyone else deserved/deserves this type of death.

Hi, Boyz Mum; I don't that you're being negative. I think that the question isn't about blame; it's about how this ghastly situation evolved.

Jodi certainly does that, molds herself to fit into the current situation. I wonder what the guy that she was going to see in Utah must think. It would be great to hear what he had to say about her demeanour when she showed up after leaving Travis' house. On some of my internet searching, I have found some comments from a "supposed" friend, who says she is not guilty, though I don't know if she really is a friend, or just someone "claiming to be, which is one of the reasons I haven't posted any links. I also read a comment by someone that knows her (again, I'm not sure how truthful this is), though she claims that she was visiting a man that Jodi was interested in and she cut his telephone wires and was peering through the window watching them, though when she actually talked to them, she didn't act like her behaviour was strange. Again, I didn't post the link because I have no confirmation that this in fact happened, so at this point it's just a rumour.

It does seem odd that there aren't any of her friends/family in the media supporting her. I wonder if her lawyer has told the family to stay quiet and stay away from the media.

I agree with you, it would be great to get some kind of background information on her to see what she was like before she met Travis and if her personality changes with each relationship she's in (sort of like a chameleon).

Hi, Nobodyzgirl. I think that I see your point, but I don't honestly think that Jodi is a chameleon. I think that many conversions and commitments originate by meeting or hearing a charismatic person. (There are many cases, too, of people taking the next step; becoming sexually involved with the minister, priest, or rabbi.) In Jodi's case, Mormonism is an unconventional, very American religion that fits snugly into her New Age mindset. (By the way, Joseph Smith himself had deep family roots in occult and magic traditions.)

As for your great point about her past relationships (and even the guy she was traveling towards when she made that brief, fatal stop-off), it would be fascinating to get some reliable information. I agree with you that some of those net stories seem a tad bogus.

I agree with the public disclosure, and thanks for passing on the information that it's at the discretion of the LE or Judge. I was actually surprised at how much information was available for CA (phone calls from jail, etc.), from following that case through the newpapers online and through WS. I can only assume in Canada they don't do that, because they are concerned about getting an impartial jury.

I'm not sure why they wiped the two accounts clean, though it occurred right after the arrests. I was checking out Jodi's myspace account and noticed that her younger sister mentioned her, though didn't say she was in jail or anything, just the family was dealing with things with her older sister. They certainly have stayed very quiet through all this, though after watching CA's family, it's no wonder other families wouldn't want to be in the spotlight.[/QUOTE]

MY BOLD

Speaking of the Caylee case, there's a thread there asking how families of the accused should act pretrial, and I think this case could be used as a model for families in this unfortunate postion. One could infer they feel that she is guilty, hence the lack of voiced support. But they are also probably acting on the wise advice of counsel that their words and actions can be turned against them at a future date, and thus have elected to remain mum on the subject. They are behaving in a dignified manner no matter what they may personally believe is the truth of the matter. They are refusing to get drawn into the fray, and I commend their discretion at this difficult time.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl. I think that I see your point, but I don't honestly think that Jodi is a chameleon. I think that many conversions and commitments originate by meeting or hearing a charismatic person. (There are many cases, too, of people taking the next step; becoming sexually involved with the minister, priest, or rabbi.) In Jodi's case, Mormonism is an unconventional, very American religion that fits snugly into her New Age mindset. (By the way, Joseph Smith himself had deep family roots in occult and magic traditions.)

As for your great point about her past relationships (and even the guy she was traveling towards when she made that brief, fatal stop-off), it would be fascinating to get some reliable information. I agree with you that some of those net stories seem a tad bogus.

The only thing I know for sure about the guy she was meeting was that he worked at the same company as Travis. Does anyone know how Travis and Jodi actually met? I don't recall that being mentioned on 48 Hours or seeing it in any articles that I read.

The only thing I know for sure about the guy she was meeting was that he worked at the same company as Travis. Does anyone know how Travis and Jodi actually met? I don't recall that being mentioned on 48 Hours or seeing it in any articles that I read.

I've been looking around and haven't found an answer to the question of "how they met".

According to this report, they met at a company convention:
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/p...an-27-times-talks/FJrw2V6gDEmRs8uFDNceAQ.cspx

I'm all confused, did she work for the same company?

Is it possible that Jodi worked for the venue where the convention was held? (Waitress or something along that line?)

Did you see the name of the company mentioned or the location of the convention? I see the name Pre-paid Legal. Is that the company they met through?

I agree with the public disclosure, and thanks for passing on the information that it's at the discretion of the LE or Judge. I was actually surprised at how much information was available for CA (phone calls from jail, etc.), from following that case through the newpapers online and through WS. I can only assume in Canada they don't do that, because they are concerned about getting an impartial jury.

I'm not sure why they wiped the two accounts clean, though it occurred right after the arrests. I was checking out Jodi's myspace account and noticed that her younger sister mentioned her, though didn't say she was in jail or anything, just the family was dealing with things with her older sister. They certainly have stayed very quiet through all this, though after watching CA's family, it's no wonder other families wouldn't want to be in the spotlight.[/QUOTE]

MY BOLD

Speaking of the Caylee case, there's a thread there asking how families of the accused should act pretrial, and I think this case could be used as a model for families in this unfortunate postion. One could infer they feel that she is guilty, hence the lack of voiced support. But they are also probably acting on the wise advice of counsel that their words and actions can be turned against them at a future date, and thus have elected to remain mum on the subject. They are behaving in a dignified manner no matter what they may personally believe is the truth of the matter. They are refusing to get drawn into the fray, and I commend their discretion at this difficult time.

Hi, Akashana. I agree that the Anthony circus might be a very good motive for silence.

There's also the possibility that the media coverage is much less and much more restricted to the Mesa area. Her family doesn't have cameras and microphones pushed in their faces every time they leave him.

Speaking to the media at this very early stage of the trial process really doesn't help Jodi; of course, it would sate our curiosity.

Hi, nobodyzgirl. Thanks for the link! I think that one of her job links says that she was an employee, but she might have just been picking up bonuses now and then for landing clients.

Thanks Chanler, that would make sense.

As for the Anthony circus, the media keeps giving them the attention they want (i.e., Cindy), and it actually makes the family look foolish (in my eyes anyway), which could be the reason Jodi's family has been very quiet, and depending on their status in society, that could be another reason why they are staying very quiet. I think the Anthony family are just one of a kind- I've never seen that kind of media attention before with family members.

Chilling, but a hoax: Travis was killed on June 4th, 2008.

How do you know it's a hoax? My read from it, is that she's saying that she misses him, though they will meet again in heaven, just not soon enough as she is still on the earthly plain (unless of course she gets the death penalty). Does anyone remember when she was actually arrested?

How do you know it's a hoax? My read from it, is that she's saying that she misses him, though they will meet again in heaven, just not soon enough as she is still on the earthly plain (unless of course she gets the death penalty). Does anyone remember when she was actually arrested?

Hi, nobodyzgirl, this was my stupid mistake. I thought that the post was supposed to be a message to a living Travis.

Thanks Chanler, that would make sense.

As for the Anthony circus, the media keeps giving them the attention they want (i.e., Cindy), and it actually makes the family look foolish (in my eyes anyway), which could be the reason Jodi's family has been very quiet, and depending on their status in society, that could be another reason why they are staying very quiet. I think the Anthony family are just one of a kind- I've never seen that kind of media attention before with family members.

You're so, so right. The media (and, let's face it, us) need material to stay interested and the Anthony family unwittingly gave it to them for months and months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member