trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a chemist or a psychologist and I could tell you all about (trust me MUCH more than you want to know - ever) about MMPI, BART, PAI, MCMI, PCL-R, PPI-R, CBT, DBT (those last two are treatments not tests though).

Just for a scale. I'm just a high school dropout with an interest in psychology after surviving a relationship with a highly disordered, likely psychopathic, disordered personality. ;)

That oughta go a long way to show just how truly bad this 'expert' really is.

I feel a BOMBSHELL coming soon ....

Willnott is shooting daggers at Juan.
Looney Tunes next to her is coloring her books.

You are not the treating psychologist?
that is right
you are not part of the psychological care provided by Maricopa County jail?
not familiar with every aspect.

you are the psychologist who knows the rules
yes most of it
when someone is suicidal you would not just walk away you would make arrangements and would call police
yes if there was an imminent threat
she was telling us she was suicidal

JM asking the Dr. if he has any memory problems . .. JA is trying to sustain a smile I think . . .

Dr. didn't think she was going to kill herself right there . . . you are not allowing me to respond

Dr. "repeat your question please"

regarding the suicide . . . you said she had words to the effect she was suicidal . . . you had a duty to report this to someone
yes
also had a duty to report this
My only contact is through the Atty I have no other contacts in the jail
you would walk away from suicidal person because you have no contacts in the jail?

I would like to explain suicidal
You used the word suicidal
yes - suicidal is my word for Ms. Arias saying she had been contemplating suicide . . .

you didn't contact anyone @ the jail she was suicidal?
I contacted the Atty . . . no I didn't contact anyone in the jail
you have a relationship you buy her a gift
a selfhelp book
a gift you paid for it, you never got it back, your purpose to help the defendant, you are there assisting her.
I did not conduct therapy
you are there to assist her by giving her this book
yes
your expectation was that she would get better from any problem you perceived
my expectation was for her to read the book
help her in meaningful way
yes

that helping hinders your ability to be impartial
it didn't at the time . . . . it is something I routinely do - I didn't see it as an ethical dilemma. . .
from anyones perspective you are trying to help the defendant to get better
yes by providing her with a book - yes
that provides an issue that may affect the way you view your assessment.
it may appear that way to you but based upon low self esteem and her contemplating suicide it was better for me to provide her that self help book.

better to provide her self-help book than go to the jail and they could provide her with ongoing therapy
yes

in the NJ case you were exonerated by AZ board you did nothing wrong in state of NJ?
no
in fact you didn't sign a statement and an agreement that you overstepped boundaries into helping clients and not keeping appropriate boundaries with your clients.

yes

I had to read a book.
you have to successfully complete ethics and boundaries issues within 6 months - continue education could occur in NJ or AZ . . . . I did that by reading the book and taking a test

you do a clinical interview . . . part of visiting JA where ever she was and talking to her .. . you took notes as quickly and accurately that could - do not tape record but that would probably be more accurate. . . . . administer tests . . . . PST Post traumatic stress inventory . . . .he looked to his book . . .

what is it you looked @ when you gave us that name?
the manual it has a specific name

you scored that test yourself
yes
this test . . . . only administered it 15 times . . . you are having trouble identifying the name
yes
post traumatic stress scale

used it 15 times . . . . had much more cases than that
49 questions . . . validity scale . . . .if this individual is making things up this scale will pick it up . . . yes it is supposed to

Milan Multiaxial Personality Inventory - MMPI

175 questions - question and an answer sheet . . . person answering that test accurately if the validity is accurate
right
if that person lied on that test . . . . would you agree if person lied it would skew the results . . . . isn't it true the defendant lied on it?
no that is not true

when was last time you reviewed the test?
couple of days ago last week

sir let me . . . .. brings forward #533 . . . . what a defendant fills out . . . raw data . . . not provided to Atty's . . it can be but code generally transferred between psychologist or psychiatrist . . . you are psychologist not a psychiatrist . . . cannot do surgery, cannot Rx medicine.

take a look @ the results. . .
I have to look @ my notes

take it out of your folder so I can mark the PDS test along with the raw data . . .
you have it out now sir?
I have it out

so this is the . . . . worksheet?

but there is also a part of this test that includes the questions
yes
if I can have that

He does not take kindly to so called Experts that just compile reports to try to get people off charges...

Oh my he is so busted on national tv! Be careful KCL if he shows up for happy hour anywhere you may be

I have to say it again, I love Prosecutor Juan Martinez so completely that I don't know any other way to be!

Look at Jennifer's face. She looks SCARED as hell .... Priceless expression.

Omg deer in the headlights!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Some of his faces are priceless when Juan confronts him... he doesn't think fast enough to keep up. Hope someone's getting screen grabs!

Poor Samuels. He's chosen to become a professional witness so every appearance he makes in court is, in effect, a job interview for his next case. In this situation, he can watch his professional witness career float away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member