trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. Nice neighborhood... What a shame!

Maybe AL can get some side work today while trial is adjorned?

Sorry poor taste?

As always.. JMSO!

It is a beautiful home!
I noticed he took his garbage can out before they arrested him. :rolleyes:

I don't know about grounds for an appeal, but from what I understand, this is the way things have been (waking up early, food, etc.) since Sheriff Arpaio was elected back in the 90's. She's no better than anyone else who has stood trial for a crime and IMO, shouldn't be given special treatment of any kind. :twocents: Her "friends" can complain til they're blue in the face, but if Jodi hadn't slaughtered Travis to death, she wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

Well her defense wants to compare her to a soldier, and guess what they go days with no sleep or food.

Why is there a tiny piece of a decorative tassel at the crime scene?

There imo are several different, easily explained reasons..one would be due to the fact that the killer slaughtered the victim and after having done so frantically gathered many articles of clothing and towels, and such for laundry as well as for disposal.. due to the fact that Travis Alexanders' home was quite nicely decorated including his bedroom leads me to believe that in the course of the commission of the murder along with the attempts of cleaning and concealing her tracks that the tiny, little piece of a decorative tassel came off from an item in the bedroom of Travis'..this we see is lying on a stair that leads to and from Travis bedroom..

another thought just as easily possible is the fact that this tiny piece of a decorative tassel came off of a roommates pillow, bedspread, comforter, etc.. especially seeing as how there were 5 days that came and went where the roommates and multiple others continued to live and come and go as they pleased in this home until the time that his body was found and the home was then cordoned off as a crime scene..

IMO the one thing I'm certain of is that its not at all what Jodi has attempted to build off of it to be.. ie. the nonexistent rope that was cut with the nonexistent knife from Travis' kitchen.. there was never rope involved in anything that day, just like there was no knife from Travis' home that was involved with anything that day..

the rope was fabricated in order to fabricate the knife that allowed the defendant to introduce into the bedroom/bathroom the fabricated knife from the kitchen..to attempt to prove the knife was not brought with the killer to the murder..

fact is the knife was brought by the killer, as was the gun..and so too did the killer take with her when she left that same knife and gun..

there was no rope ever..not rope brought with the killer, not rope that was at the home already, nor was there rope taken with the killer when she left...the rope is fully fabricated for the simple reason to attempt to prove there just happened to be a knife handy when Jodi was forced to protect her life...<--and as we all know this, too is complete fabricated BS as well..

jmo.

Tweet from Beth Karas about 30 minutes ago.

"The Sheriff's Dept. confirmed that Arias's lunch is actually half of her breakfast. She isn't getting any more food than other inmates; the same food is divided 3 ways for her instead of 2. It amounts to 2,600 calories/day."

Originally Posted by leebee52<br />
We have "kinfolk" in TN. Very strong accents. Hubbie's brother in law kept telling me one day that his "HAR' itched. I was like WTF? What's HAR? AFter about 20 minutes I finally got it that he was talking about his hair.
<br />
<br />
LUV this--my hubby says "there's a spatter on the wall"--I say paint or grease spatter--he says "spatter" &amp; wiggles his fingers to signal "spider".<br />
<br />
He asks "where's the ladder"--I say we don't own one--he flips his thumb to signal "lighter" for the "farplace" (fireplace).<br />
<br />
But the BEST was when he asked the grocery manager, "where do keep your a$$"--the guy just gave him the weirdest look--no signal for this one! He had to enunciate--LOL!! It's so darling, but he thinks I'm laughing at him.:blushing:

Ok you two...Ah am from Tn and Ah buhlieeve mahself to say "ice" and "five" and "haiuh" (hair) exseterah (etc) in mah bestest "nawrththun" (northern) axccent! "Giggling as I run off ova yonder"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

roaaarrr...cough cough... lol.. didn't get that you were being fictitious about "waiting period" .. yeah it sucks that the victim's families have to wait so long.. "The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine"

Lol, gotcha! :lol:

I understand the need to be thorough, but for Pete's sake, both sides ought to be able to build/defend a case in a more timely fashion.

Urgh!

IDK maybe I'm bias cuz I live here but I like to feel Arizonians are kinda the last of the Wild Wild West (we carry guns on our hips here) so I'd like to think this jury invested all this time they'd say... Oh we can wait another week to give her DP than 25 with parole LOL!:twocents:

I'm in AZ too. :) I agree. I imagine they feel like they've sacrificed and put so much into this that they'll want to get it right.

I absolutely agree. And I would add a good nights sleep. If this creates a mistrial, that sheriff should be held responsible.

Why would it create a mistrial? Jodi is being treated the same as every other prisoner. I would imagine the Sheriff feels it's for her own good because if they treated her "special" because her trial is on TV. He could feel she might suffer injury from other inmates due to her getting special treatment. Part of the reason inmates are in jail is because they can't follow the rules and they tend to avoid structure. Jail provides structure. Jodi has a shock belt on. Jodi still has problems with authority. Jodi still feels privileged. These are her perceptions and it has nothing to do with how she is being treated.

I think, too, JW is about finished or close to it and Jodi is not happy with the way her witnesses "performed". Yesterday Jodi may have gotten a look at the witness list from the State by the way she was talking to Nurmi. Jodi was obviously upset with what she was looking at on the table when she asked Nurmi, "What is this?" If it was a copy of the new witness list which JM could have provided defense with, Jodi was probably not too happy to see who is on it. jmo

Maybe they should put her in isolation so she won't have problems sleeping.

A simple thanks wasn't enough had to quote to repost! She has PLENTY of time to sleep even if she's being woken up at 3am to be transported, as it policy and done wil ALL inmates, with the rest of the inmates who have court the same day. She could easily be to sleep by 8pm that gives her for sure 7 hours PLUS she can nap in her holding cell. Her sleep talk is BS, just like the food talk. She gets 2,600 calories a day and her morning meal is split for her into breakfast and lunch! Assuming half the calories are in the morning meal she's offered 1,300 calories from the time she gets to court till she gets back to jail. That is MORE than enough, she needs to eat what she's given and stop with the histronics.

Reminds me of an old saying; there will be plenty of time for sleeping when you're dead.

What is the reason why they wake up inmates between 3-4am on days of the trial... If trial does not start till 10:30 am?

Jail bus leaves for ALL inmates going to court. Because Jodi's trial doesn't start until 10 am or so, doesn't mean that for the other inmates. Some trials start earlier in the morning.

As long as she isn't being singled out ... not a biggie. IMO. Good for ONE inmate is good for ALL.

Lol, gotcha! :lol:

I understand the need to be thorough, but for Pete's sake, both sides ought to be able to build/defend a case in a more timely fashion.

Urgh!

Oh, don't say that. We still might get Nurmi for cross on JM's rebuttal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebutter View Post
I doubt there was any rope, even though I think I remember seeing a tiny piece of rope, about 3 or 4 inches, in a crime scene photo. I will try to look again for it. Yet it seems the police didn't find any rope? and JA says she threw it away, you know during the fog that didn't exist.

I suspect she made the rope up to go along with one of the stories LaViolette will be telling about abuse victims and how they just go along with everything.

For those of us that are left on the board today, I have a question for anyone. These two pics show a tiny piece of rope, but I don't see any references for the pics??

I've tried to upload them here, will see if it works. I'm just wondering what these pics are? Looks to be on TA staircase?? Anyone have a comment? Were these ever discussed anywhere? Thank you.:seeya:

IMO I don't even know that it has anything to do with the crime scene at all!

It looks like a piece of yarn on the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria