trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC she had solid fognesia regarding the knife while under oath on the stand.

Yes, yes she did.
Juan couldn't bring this in with this witness though as it hadn't already been discussed by Wilmott. (I think - Lawyers please correct me if I am wrong)

Can someone please tell me if the plea request years ago has ever been made public?
Didn't JA threaten to reveal stuff about Travis? Could these be the tapes? TIA

Yeah, I sense that too. When Wilmcott first started this trial she was very amateur and nervous and it showed badly. She has learned some of Juans objection terms and now she throws them out there just like he did, except she objects for the wrong reasons at the wrong time. :floorlaugh:

She comes across as trying to impress Juan like
"See Juan, I can do what you do"

She is very immature and a terrible lawyer and if I was stuck with her representing me, I would just throw in the towel and tell them to roll in Old Sparky.

I kept thinking/hoping that one of her friends/classmates/mentors would evaluate her behavior in court and tell her how to improve. Someone needs to inform her of basic proper behavior in court.

It can be repaired but she would have had to have gone to the doctor's.

I had surgery..did a bunch of physical therapy, and it is still messed up...back when I did mine the success of that surgery was not that good.

That's as good a theory as I've heard yet on the gun. I am, and have always been, in the shot last camp. But it still swirls in my brain, "then why bring the gun?" This is a logical answer.

The other thing I've thought about the single gun shot, some have said she wanted to shoot him to death but the gun jammed. Well, maybe, after stabbing him 29 times, she wanted to unload several bullets into him. But the gun jammed.

JAs fognesia seemed to have lifted when talking to ALV and ALVs fognesia seem to have sat in since she told Juan she made so many mistakes on her report and interview with Juan that JA never told her according to her. Yeah right. lol

I don't think the gun jammed. It seemed to be working properly and ejected its casing correctly. So I think it was still in working order. I believe as she drug him back to put him in the shower she heard breaths escaping from his lungs when he was shutting down and mistook that for him being alive when he wasn't. Probably once she shot him in the head she no longer heard any noises coming from his nose and mouth and knew he was dead.

She also told ALV that the knife was on the nightstand in the bedroom. I don't really believe that because I think it was hidden on her person along with the small gun but the testimony is in for the jury to consider. Which means if she did use the knife she had to go all the way back to the bedroom to get it with the purpose in mind of stabbing Travis to death with it.

IMO

Seems like its now personal for jennifer wilmott! She wants to win over martinez. She acts like she's at a competition. This man was brutaly murdered by Jodie and wilmott knows it tooo, and all she can think of is beating juan.

I 100% agree, Willmott is pandering to JA and letting her call objections, last time I checked JA did not take the bar, let alone is a "attorney". Willmott does not know how to be an attorney, so she is definitely trying to play catch up and fingers crossed, she hopes to score at least one goal against JM. She thinks the jurors are fools is the worst part, and acts like this is NOT a murder case with a victim named Travis Alexander. The U.K. term I am gobsmacked. : )

On the other hand it's a good thing.

Can someone please tell me if the plea request years ago has ever been made public?
Didn't JA threaten to reveal stuff about Travis? Could these be the tapes? TIA

No these are not the tapes & yes there was a plea deal,but I don't know where the link is,,,,anyone help RR with a link?

I keep seeing posts about a stun belt. I must have missed what this is about. Can someone please fill me in?
Thanks

When JA was leaving court yesterday evening a few poster got some screen shots. You could see the bulge clearly around her waist which was being said it was a stun belt.

I have never heard of one. Does it mean LE can press a button on a remote control and stun her?

I am sure this has probably been brought up already but feel the need to say it anyways.
When Jodi was arrested the first interview she said she was not at Travis's.
The second day she said it was 2 intruders that did it.
It wasn't until around 2 years later while in jail did she say it was self defense.
2 years later she didn't have access to her journals so she couldn't put the made up story that she was "abused". That IS why there is nothing in her journals about abuse it didn't happen and it wasn't her story when she was arrested.

I feel better now. Thanks :)
Yep. But what fascinated me today was how Juan pieced the puzzle together when the alleged abuse incidents correspond to times when Travis is struggling to get away. Did Jodi subconsciously pick those dates when she was conjouring up her 3rd storyline? Or did she pick them on purpose because they are burned into her memory?

Mormon Atty, It was truly amazing to watch her deny even the most blatant, obvious lies. She would have lied and said "no" to the question of if she had two hands. Except it wouldn't stop at no - she went on and on, and on, with several admonitions from the judge which did nothing at all to stop ALV.
P.S. I'm happy to see you again.

If he said the sky is blue she would say, "In what weather? Sometimes it's gray, for example, in the context of rain. Further, isn't 'blue' a label given to a particular spectrum of light? Who is viewing the light? Is it Jodi? Or is it Travis? If it is Jodi, well, yes, the sky seems to be blue. If it is Travis, well, how do I know he's not on an acid trip, Mr. Martinez?"

They aren't live scorpio. They are showing the entire trial with many breaks, so they are behind the live feed. No commercials on the live feed. lol
It's kind of fun to watch it for the second time when it's on HLN. I always pick up things I missed the first time. Every time.

I was TOTALLY kidding. I gave up on the live feed for the day when Juan sat down. My hubby thinks HLN is hilarious, especially when NG puts her hand up to her ear and says, "Hang on. We're going RIGHT BACK into the court room!"

I hear new things, too. But there are some important points I think the evening shows miss. Like the knife on the nightstand. And JA remembering actually pulling the trigger. Juan rocked it today! :rocker:

I was only able to watch a few minutes today so just getting caught up. Sorry because maybe this has been addressed already, but one thing I thought JM might do regarding the spidey undies is bring out the pictue of Travis when he was a very young boy, sitting on his dad's lap because I thought that was the picture on his shelf in his closet and I thought Travis had spidie undies on. I think JA may have gotten the whole idea from that photo and maybe even he was emotional and sad one day looking at that photo while sitting on his bed in his room and she walked in on that.

Maybe the origin of the story about walking in and seeing him looking at a picture of a young boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike