trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing posts about a stun belt. I must have missed what this is about. Can someone please fill me in?
Thanks

Not sure what all of the criteria are for having to wear the belt-- murder defendants, potentially out of control defendants?

Either way, she's got it on. Every day, all day.

Wilmott is unbelievable

I did not watch redirect. I just can not stand that woman's voice and all she was going to do is go over everything again and again. I sure hope she is done with AVL tomorrow because, frankly I believe she is a disgrace to the female population.

Yeah, I sense that too. When Wilmcott first started this trial she was very amateur and nervous and it showed badly. She has learned some of Juans objection terms and now she throws them out there just like he did, except she objects for the wrong reasons at the wrong time. :floorlaugh:

She comes across as trying to impress Juan like
"See Juan, I can do what you do"

She is very immature and a terrible lawyer and if I was stuck with her representing me, I would just throw in the towel and tell them to roll in Old Sparky.
And SHE'S the one who is DP qualified... not Nurmi

Hope I was trying to track back to find your question. Was it already answered?

Yes, thank you! Sorry I missed this earlier. I have my nephew overnight, he was on my iPad, so I was stuck with my phone and its really hard to keep up on that tiny screen being an old lady and all. Run-on sentence alert!

It was a little tongue in cheek, but I sort of think it would have been just as effective. Basically all of his time with her just proved that one thing. JMO

I think it brought Travis back where he belonged- to the fore, as victim, restored his reputation, gave us new insight into that crazy loon- who would want to miss knowing there was a manifesto?. He also unmasked LV's massive bias against Travis and against men, and how lacking in credibility she is and what a crazy loon she is as well. We also learned that JA told her a different story about the shooting and the knife. Among other things.

He also basically annihilated LV's testimony and POV, not to mention showing what a liar and fanatic she is. He also performed a much needed public service by unmasking her.

Not sure what all of the criteria are for having to wear the belt-- murder defendants, potentially out of control defendants?

Either way, she's got it on. Every day, all day.

Thanks! With her erratic behavior lately they may need to use it on her soon.

I've never known a battered woman, but I do have friends with very low self-esteem and NONE OF THEM act like Arias AT ALL. Putting aside what you may think of her, she was AMAZING on cross-- not only did she hold her own, in some cases she actually managed to get the better of Martinez. Arias is clearly intelligent and very confident, but battered woman with zero self esteem? Laughable.

I do not believe Jodi's IQ is even on the high end of average. I don't find her even remotely intelligent. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365641592.040582.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG I remember hearing there was more then ONE tape. Good Lord what the hell are they going to do next? So help me GOD if another sex tape is allowed in and has anything to do with ALV's testimony I'm going to EXPLODE!:banghead:

And I'm sure TA asked her to record this one too. No other reason she'd do that, right?

:furious:

Why is creepy Jodi sitting in what looks like a straight jacket?
Did her lawyers shackle her so no more drawings and doodling?

They're still LIVE in the courtroom. :floorlaugh:
They aren't live scorpio. They are showing the entire trial with many breaks, so they are behind the live feed. No commercials on the live feed. lol
It's kind of fun to watch it for the second time when it's on HLN. I always pick up things I missed the first time. Every time.

OT- For those who had thunder and lightning earlier, I'm getting it now.

I agree Lorelilly.

Honestly I am baffled that in my country I can be brutally murdered in my own home and then have my most intimate moments, that I did NOT know was being recorded, be played for not only a court room full of my family and friends but on a live feed that is being seen/heard around the world.

The reason I have a problem with it is becuase it was played only due to things that came out of Jodi's mouth. There was not honest to god evidence that would make the playing of that tape OK. There just isn't. It's despicable.

Travis absolutely needs to be humanized besides his death photos and photos of him with his killer. That can happen in much better ways like playing video he knew was being recorded. Travis doing his job, Travis out having fun with friends. That is Okay but unless there is A WHOLE TON of evidence that would make the playing of that tape necessary it shouldn't be, especially with the feed running.

I am very sad that this is happening in my country.
I know Juan keeps family updated on what's going on... wonder if that's maybe why Sam was upset today... more misleading CARP coming.

IDK about the rest of you but I am really pumped to hear DeMarte. Being hired by Juan, I am certain this woman had done her homework and I am extremely interested in hearing just how she evaluates JA. Then I'm going to be very interested to see if JW is as ineffective in her cross DeMarte as she was with Dr Horn.

I agree Lorelilly.

Honestly I am baffled that in my country I can be brutally murdered in my own home and then have my most intimate moments, that I did NOT know was being recorded, be played for not only a court room full of my family and friends but on a live feed that is being seen/heard around the world.

The reason I have a problem with it is becuase it was played only due to things that came out of Jodi's mouth. There was not honest to god evidence that would make the playing of that tape OK. There just isn't. It's despicable.

Travis absolutely needs to be humanized besides his death photos and photos of him with his killer. That can happen in much better ways like playing video he knew was being recorded. Travis doing his job, Travis out having fun with friends. That is Okay but unless there is A WHOLE TON of evidence that would make the playing of that tape necessary it shouldn't be, especially with the feed running.

I am very sad that this is happening in my country.

I know Juan keeps family updated on what's going on... wonder if that's maybe why Sam was upset today... more misleading CARP coming.

What if it was broken as a child or at any other point in time? Then, what? Know what I mean? Whether or not the finger was broken, Travis didn't kick her and break it. JMO
Wouldn't someone have noticed it if it was broken as a child? Can't doctors tell how old a break is...one that was a few years old as opposed to decades old? Wouldn't they finally be able to see if it was a break vs. a cut tendon? I know that Travis didn't kick JA. I know that whatever happened to her finger was NOT a result of a DV incident. But, I would like to know if it was ever broken. :)

I definitely think the sex tape was for purposes of blackmail. Not surprising she made more than one.

10th May one? Shows she was setting up to blackmail him into staying in a relationship.
That changed quickly from blackmail to premeditated murder on the 26th or 28th (can't remember offhand) when Travis accused her of being a sociopath and that he never wanted to see her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn